Race flyers for 2009 Speedworld Winter races

fly2pylon

Vereinsmitglied
Liebe Pylonfreunde,

nachstehend die Einladung von Jim Allen für die Rennen in Phoenix, Q500 und Q40:

Jim Allen schrieb:
Hi everybody!

Attached you will find the flyers/entry forms for the 2009 Winterfest Q500 race and the 2009 Phoenix QM Classic. I have also sent them to Stan Douglas to post on the NMPRA web site. If I missed anyone with my distribution, forgive me and pass them on.

I want to note a couple of things that are changing this year for the Quarter Midget Classic and clairify a couple of things for both events.

With the high, and growing percentage of pilots using 2.4 Ghz equipment (82% at the NMPRA Championship race last month) we are going to lower the number of pilots allowed in a "group" from 4 down to 3. You will see there are places to designate your "group mates" on the entry form. If your entire group is on 2.4, I will issue a "group number" starting with 100 for matrix purposes. If one or more people in your group is on a 72 Mhz channel, you will all be entered on that channel. I STILL HAVE TO KNOW IF YOU ARE FLYING ON 2.4.

The other thing I have to note is that we are going to limit the entries for the Feb QM Classic to 76. This will be managed on a first come first served basis. This is two more pilots than we had last year. We proved that we can get 8 rounds with this many pilots when everything goes smoothly. Adding one more heat per round by adding one more person (77+) would add 40 minutes to the length of the contest (based on average of 5 minutes from flag to flag). I thought long and hard on this and feel it is the right thing to do.

Entries for both races will be handled this way. The first level of entering is to send me an e-mail or call me with the required information. The second level is your entry fees showing up in my mail box. Mailed entries will be prioritized based on post mark. They must be post marked by February 11th, 2009. The second level entry on a certain frequency or group can bump someone who has previously entered by e-mail or phone call. Best approach.....e-mail or call me and then follow up with sending in your entry fees.

I'm really looking forward to the races this year. The club has made a bunch of great improvements to the field that you'll really like. We are also building our own version of the timing and scoring system that was built for the NATS. We will also have the AMA system available as a back-up.

If you have any questions, please contact me. Have a great fall and I hope to see you in a few months.

Jim Allen

Ph 480-984-6446

P.S. Our Fall race, the Western Pylon Finals is a little over a week away on November 1st and 2nd. We'll have all three classes (APRA(424), 428, and QM) both days. We're going to fly APRA and QM alternating rounds till 5 are complete, then we will fly 5 rounds of 428 Q500. Last race of the 2008 Western Pylon Series. All are welcome and encouraged to come. The season awards and prizes for the Western Pylon Series will be awarded immediately after completion of racing on Sunday the 2nd.

Anhänge

• 2009 QM Classic Flyer.pdf
    32,6 KB · Aufrufe: 96
  • 2009 Wfst flyer.pdf
    29 KB · Aufrufe: 100

fly2pylon

Vereinsmitglied
Bilder Q500

Bilder Q500

Sieger Q500: Jim Allen

comp_DSC_3525.jpg

Mehr geniale Bilder gibt es hier zu bewundern:
http://www.speedworldrcf.com/pictures/q500/winterfest_2009/index_1.html

Denis´s Racer in action

Denis´s Racer in action

Sehr schöne Bilder, danke Gerald,

Ich habe ein Bild von Denis´s Flieger aufgegabelt, leider keins von Denis.
Vielleicht gibt uns Denis einen kurzen Bericht über seine Eindrücke?

mfg Uli

Anhänge

• Denis`s Racer.jpg
    Denis`s Racer.jpg
    186,5 KB · Aufrufe: 54

djlyon

User
I will write a little report later today. I have to go to the dentist now and take 2 Nelson crankshafts to a friend to check for straightness. Ugly story.

Denis

djlyon

User
Yes Uli recognized my Racer 2 from seeing it in my garage. Actually my son was racing that plane and I was racing one of my Hurrikanes. Actually thay got a very nice picture of me, my best profile. My son is flying and I am calling

Anhänge

• DSC_3451s.jpg
    DSC_3451s.jpg
    176,9 KB · Aufrufe: 49

djlyon

User
This was my first time at Speedworld for a race. What a great place to pylon race. For my 70th birthday I received an all expenses paid trip to winterfest from my wife, children and grand children. My birthday was the first day of the race January 17.

After a 6 hr drive from Los Angeles my son(Mark) and I arrived at noon the 15th and started on practice flights. We both entered 424 (sport quickie. TT40 PROs and APC 9/6 props) and 428 (Nelsons, Jetts and Profis).

There were about 52 entries. 10 in 424 and 42 in 428. Actually I think there were a little more. It was a single race held over 2 days, 10 rounds. That is 130 heats plus flyoffs starting at 8:30 Saturday morning and ending at 1 pm Sunday afternoon. I had heard that this group could run a great well organized event and they did. Jim Allen runs it with an iron hand and as a result there is a heat every 5 minutes. You are ready or you get a zero. From our club in Castaic, Ca there were 8 racers. Only Mark and I from our club flew both classes. That puts more pressure on us than we needed.

I don't know the order of finish but Jim Allen won 428 and Geno Delponte was second and Clark Ledbetter was third. Clark and Travis had a flyoff for third that had every one on their feet and crying encore after the race was over. Jim Allen also got fast time.

Jim Allen had a perfect score of 40 points and fast time and ran the contest too. If he is not super man I do not know who is.

In 424 76 year old Gale Enstad took first. I do not know the rest.

The down side is I think there were more planes lost at this race than any I have competed in. I would say at least 25. Most were lost in mid airs and the wake channel vortex. There was no wind most of time to blow the turbulence away. My Hurrikane was dropped into the ground by it. 2 more crashed due to radio failure. One was my racer 2 in the picture and about 3 hit pylons.

More to come I think

Denis

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten