Mounting a FASST RX on Alpina 4001/5001 ?

Does anyone have pictures on how they have mounted the FASST RX on a Alpina 4001/5001(or other Alpina models)?
I'm unsure if I should mount the antennas inside the fuselage or if I have to make some holes in the fuselage to get those antenna ends outside. The fuselage has only four thin stripes of carbon, but the canopy itself is carbon.

Any pitures/suggestions from owners of Alpina models out there?

Regards,
Stein

Gregor Toedte

Vereinsmitglied
Hi,
I´ve mounted both antennas inside the Alpina 4001, no problem at all.
The canopy doesn´t jam something, unless you want to fly always below yourself :D

Greets

Gregor

Alpina 4001 CME
is2008123001.jpg
I embed the antennas in a tube. One alongside the fuselage, the other fixed at right angles to the first one as shown. Therfore i used a balsa block, that fixed on the receiver with a double-sided adhesive tape.

This configuration works perfect with no interferences.

Jens

Stein,

I use a FASST R-608 in a Simprop "Intention" which has two relatively broad carbon strips on either side of the fuselage.

Similar to Jens, I attached one piece of plastic tubing to a small receiver board and it reaches down to the bottom of the fuse and fixes the antenna across the fuselage axis. The other antenna is positioned in another piece of tubing which is bent at 90° and which reaches out of the fuselage for about 2,5 cm. The tubing is held by a rubber grommet which allows its retraction for ease of transportation.

Everything works fine.

Herbert

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten