Nelson

djlyon

User
Not good

Just pulled this off the performance specialties website.

Important Announcement

Effective immediately we will no longer be accepting orders for new Nelson engines. Engine replacement parts and glow plugs will continue to be available.

Thank You for your continued support.

Dave Shadel

djlyon

User
A letter from Henry Nelson

Postby Dave Shadel on Fri May 15, 2009 4:55 pm
Retirement- Cliffs Notes Version:

Production of complete N40 Q500 and N40 QM40 engines will stop this month. Spares will continue to be available.

The Complete Story:

Nearly 2 years ago, it was announced that my associate Neil Lickfold and his family would be leaving to return to New Zealand. The actual date was still to be determined. At that time I decided to buy a double-plus order of N40 side exhaust crankcase castings, and those engines then would be the last production. As it happens, Neil is leaving in June and the crankcases are nearly gone. I have only a handful of engines remaining.

Spare parts to keep existing engines running are in plentiful supply and I will continue to build parts as long as there is demand. There are also parts available to convert short stroke engines to long stroke.

I still have spare parts, and continue to rebuild N15 diesels that I built 30 years ago. I think 30 years from here is unlikely, but no one should feel abandoned.

Production of glow plugs, N15 glow and diesel engines, rear exhaust 40 and 45 engines will remain unchanged.

I had 2 key employees leave suddenly in 2000 but I was lucky that Neil was available to come, learn and make significant contributions. However, I am not starting that process again. It’s time to reduce the workload to what I can handle myself. It’s kind of a return to how I started the business 35 years ago.

To all of you who have supported me these past years, THANK YOU.

Henry Nelson
Nelson Competition Engines

f3d

Vereinsmitglied
Q 500 Motoren

Q 500 Motoren

Hallo liebe Q 500, Q 40 Racer,

mittelfristig wird man sich neu orientieren müssen.

Es wird in den nächsten Jahren leider immer schwieriger Rennmotoren zu bekommen, die Hersteller sterben einfach aus. Schade.

MFG Mr. f3d

Holger Mittelstädt

Vereinsmitglied
Nelson

Hallo Leute.

Schade das es die Motoren nicht mehr gibt aber alles hat ein Ende nur die Wurst hat zwei;)

Danke an Henry für seine Jahrzehnte langen Bemühungen für den Sport.

Wir sollten Ihn Ehrenhaft in seine verdiente Rente entlassen.

Noch gibt es ja die Ausweichmöglichkeit bei Dub Jett wo es auch Longstroke Motore gibt.

Außerdem ruft das vielleicht neue Hersteller auf den Plan da jetzt wo es die Motoren nicht mehr gibt, eine große Lücke entstanden ist , die es zu schließen gilt.

Henry hatte mit seinen Motoren ja eine Vormachtstellung Weltweit und da die nicht mehr da ist , wird es wieder interessant für andere Hersteller.

Gruß kasumi

HERZLICHEN DANK an Henry Nelson!

Die Motoren sind genial und die Leistung ist überragend. Mit dem Kauf meines ersten Nelson war eine angenehme Problemlosigkeit des Motorenhandlings auf hohem Niveau möglich....

Ich wünsche Henry einen zufriedenen und glücklichen (Un)-Ruhestand und alles Gute.

Mfg Uli

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten