Kolibri-Turbine im Opus von PAF

klausk

User gesperrt
Hallo!
Habe die paar Threads hier in RCN und auch in den Paralellforen durch, allzuviel liest man ja über den Opus-V/Jet von PAF mit Kolibri-Turbine noch nicht.

Gibts hier User, welche das Teil aktuell ihr Eigen nennen und vielleicht ein bischen was dazu schreiben wollen (Servos, Strom, Unterbringung der Komponenten) bzw. gar ein paar Bilder vom Innenleben oder von "Montage-Stufen" einstellen können und möchten?

Vielen Dank!!!

Hi Klaus, du solltest aber gesehen haben, dass der Peter A. den selber fliegt und das wie der Teufel:D
Also kann er dir bestimmt auch was dazu sagen.Der ist ehrlich und will nicht um jeden Preis verkaufen.
Gruß Dirk

Kraftei

User

klausk

User gesperrt
@Dirk und Kraftei:
Richtig, ich war in Glantal, ich kenne Spiderjet, ich kenne die Worte und Ausführungen von Peter A.
Und trotzdem frage ich hier, ob noch weitere Menschen einen Opus mit Kolibri fliegen, die mir IHRE ERFAHRUNGEN mitteilen oder anhand von Bildern zeigen können. Ich weiß, dass Peter A. den wie der Teufel fliegt, habe mit ihm ja schon telefoniert - ich kenne auch die Glantal-Flüge von Spiderjet, habe auch von ihm ein paar Infos und Bilder.

So, wer also noch was zu meinen Fragen beitragen kann, immer her damit. Es ist schöner, von fünf Leuten Anregungen zu bekommen als von zwei.

Opus V

Opus V

Hallo klausk,

Ich fliege den Opus gern und auch viel auf Flugtagen(die meisten in Italien) !!
Bin heuer auch auf der Jetpower mit dem Opus geflogen und kann Ihn nur empfehlen!
So schnell das Ding auch fliegt so einfach ist er im Start und bei der Landung!!
Nur Querruder etwas anstellen(Du mußt etwas Tiefe dazumischen)und schon baut er die Geschwindigkeit ab und kommt lammfrom zur Landung herrein!
Mit ein wenig Übung auch auf kleinsten Plätzen zu fliegen!!
Zum Einbau:
Es geht ein wenig knapp und eng im Opus zu aber es funktioniert dennoch alles perfekt und hat Platz!
Hoffe Dir geholfen zu haben!

Mfg

Stefan Sch.

klausk

User gesperrt
Hallo Stefan!
Danke für deinen Beitrag (den ich inhaltlich schon aus einem anderen Thread kenne:) ). Für das V-Leitwerk will ich ein 3150 vorsehen, bei dem oben verlinkten Ebay-Verkauf hat derjenige 2 davon fürs Leitwerk verwendet, Peter A. sagte aber, eines reicht aus.
Wie hast du denn im Rumpf die Komponenten angeordnet, insbesondere das V-Leitwerksservo eingebaut?
Außerdem würde mich interessieren, welchen Akku du verwendest und welche Schalter du für Anlage und Turbine verbaut hast. Bin am überlegen, die beiden kleinen 720er Lipos aus der BZ-Cutless (wo derzeit die Kolibri noch verbaut ist) zu verwenden und dazu die kleine Schalterweiche von Emcotec.

Als Empfänger werde ich den Yeti R8 mit den langen Antennen nehmen, die dann hinten in der Rumpfröhre enden - wobei ich mich da frage, ob die paralelle Kohlestange fürs V-Leitwerk nicht hinderlich sein wird....?

Hi Klaus,

kann teilweise zu Deinen Fragen beitragen. Das Servothema scheint ja nicht mehr eins zu sein, grundsätzlich aber die Futaba 3150 oder die 5125 von Hitec verwenden. In einem vergleichbaren Hotliner habe ich noch als Schalter eine DPSi von Emcotec verbaut, benutze nur einen Lipo mit 650 mAh für die Fernsteuerung.

Hallo Klaus,

I will give you full information + photos :

Hardware :

Servos :
Flaps = 2x Futaba S3150
Ailerons = 2x Futaba S3150
Elevator = 1x Futaba S3150 // No rudder, is useless on the Opus V-Jet
Don't use Hitec ; the resolution and precision of the Futaba S3150 is better and consistent.

Elevator is one carbon rod to the tail, front is 3mm quicklink (with ball bearing inside), rear is 2x 2mm with ball-links. Servo is located just behind the fuel tank

RX battery :
5 cell Futaba Nicad 6V-1500 MAh // 78 MAh per flight

RX : Futaba R617FS FASST - no problem with the carbon fuselage - is located just next to the elevator servo.

Turbine battery = Lipo 2S 1600 MAh // 80 MAh per flight

Installation in the nose is difficult : not much space !

Sorry for my English !

Nicolas.

Turbine = Lambert Kolibri
Fuel tank = 380 ML (included with the Opus V-Jet)
Full speed = 2:30 minutes
Turbine mounting = included with the Opus V-Jet

Better to choose the MANUAL Kolibri for the Opus, NOT the Autostart, because when the start-up ramp is slow, the fuselage and the top of the wing get VERY hot !
Use BVM Heatshield, I first used self-adhesive aluminium foil, and painted it afterwards with 3 layers of BVM Heatshield !!!

My OPUS V-DS (Dynamic Soaring) and OPUS V-JET (with Kolibri)

Anhänge

• IMG_0279_3.jpg
    IMG_0279_3.jpg
    91,5 KB · Aufrufe: 65
Installation...

Photo (1) and (2) = OPUS V DS
Note the elevator servo (Futaba S3150) with metal servo arm and ball bearing quicklink (MK-Kato / from F3A) : must be completely play free !!!

Photo (3) = OPUS V-JET
Note the green MPX connector for the 4 wing servos, and the FESTO tank filler, and the fiberglass Fuel tank : there is not a millimeter space left...

Anhänge

• IMG_0280_3.jpg
    IMG_0280_3.jpg
    121,2 KB · Aufrufe: 97
  • IMG_0282_2.jpg
    IMG_0282_2.jpg
    83,6 KB · Aufrufe: 98
  • IMG_0283_1.jpg
    IMG_0283_1.jpg
    107,5 KB · Aufrufe: 72
Installation of turbine, fuel and wires...

Note the home-made FOD-screen, and turbine cowl (cut out from a bottle neck of a cheap 500 ml water bottle)
Note also the opening for the ECU connection
Note also the black spiral protection for the wires

Anhänge

• IMG_0285_1.jpg
    IMG_0285_1.jpg
    112,5 KB · Aufrufe: 108
  • IMG_0286_1.jpg
    IMG_0286_1.jpg
    88,2 KB · Aufrufe: 115
  • IMG_0289_1.jpg
    IMG_0289_1.jpg
    88,1 KB · Aufrufe: 92
  • IMG_0291_1.jpg
    IMG_0291_1.jpg
    98,7 KB · Aufrufe: 81
  • IMG_0294_1.jpg
    IMG_0294_1.jpg
    98,6 KB · Aufrufe: 116
  • IMG_0295_1.jpg
    IMG_0295_1.jpg
    92,9 KB · Aufrufe: 89
The FESTO gas connection is in the nose ; this must be a one-way valve or you will have sometimes free flames when disconnecting the gas bottle when the turbine is running (it is too close to the turbine !)

Leave the nose cone removable with some transparant tape, so you can access the gas tubings and balancing lead in the nose much better !

Behind the wing is the fuel vent opening.

Anhänge

• IMG_0287_1.jpg
    IMG_0287_1.jpg
    68,9 KB · Aufrufe: 94
  • IMG_0288_1.jpg
    IMG_0288_1.jpg
    78 KB · Aufrufe: 106
  • IMG_0290_1.jpg
    IMG_0290_1.jpg
    71 KB · Aufrufe: 108
Fuel tank and connectors...

Note the elastic band to hold everything together when you attach the wing, it's a little detail but very useful !

Anhänge

• IMG_0292_1.jpg
    IMG_0292_1.jpg
    98,2 KB · Aufrufe: 60
Elevator servo and RX

Note again the metal servo arm, and the ball bearing quicklink from MK-Kato...
The two antennae of the FASST system are hanging loose in the fuselage, but are kept in 90° with some paper tape on a triangle piece of balsa.
I admit, the servo should have been glued with BVM Aeropoxy for top safety, and not with this glass filler ! :cool:

The RX is wrapped in some bubble foam + paper tape, and hanging loose in the fuselage

Anhänge

• IMG_0297_1.jpg
    IMG_0297_1.jpg
    107,3 KB · Aufrufe: 74
If you have installed an AUTOSTART Kolibri, remember the start-up ramp can be sometimes slow and the exhaust gets in the meantime VERY hot !!
Once the turbine is running well, there is no problem anymore for the temperature because there is a lot of cooling air
The manually start Kolibri does not have this problem, because of the hand blower....

Note that on the photo below of my Opus in Glantal, I did only have the aluminium foil without the BVM heatshield... and that is not enough. :rolleyes:

Anhänge

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    76 KB · Aufrufe: 102
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    71,3 KB · Aufrufe: 65
  • 14Opus.jpg
    14Opus.jpg
    100,9 KB · Aufrufe: 96
This evening, I will show the correct CG, installation of the ECU in the nose, and all transmitter settings (butterfly, mixers, ATV,...)

I have to leave now for lunch with my wife ! ;)

klausk

User gesperrt
Hello Nicolas!
Thanks a lot for your informations and the photos. I use a autostarted kolibri, so perhaps I should think about the heatshield on the wing. I got some alu-heatshield from a user, who works with some airplan-builder and I also used this alu-shild at my bobcat25 with the kolibri and it did very well (till the bobcat was grounded........:(.....)

So, have a good time and thanks again for all your informations here. Will see you again at Kolibri-Meeting next year in Glantal - I hope, the colt will fly still very well at april and I also take the F7-cutless to Glantal.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten