Per Servo verstellbare (Durchmesser) Schubdüse ?

Relaxr

User
Hallo - mit den Impellern ist man ja oft im Konflikt, grosse Schubdüsenöffnung mit viel Kraft aber geringer Strahlgeschwindigkeit oder enge Düse für kippelige Starts und hohe Strahlgeschwindigkeit. Mir geht ewig eine mögl. einfach konstruierte Schubdüse durch den Kopf, die man im Flug mit einem Servo Öffnen bzw. Schliessen kann. Im Kopf bin ich bei einem Lamellenkonstrukt aus dünnem Alublech oder geeignetem Kunststoff, welches mittels einem Ring oder einem Zugseilsystem irgendwie geöffnet/geschlossen wird. Problem ist die aerodynamische Güte innen auf der Düse, so dass man den Strahl nicht "zerreisst" (oder das der Strahl nicht die Lamellen zerreisst) - muss ja flutschen das Ganze. Wäre schön, sowas ab 70er Impellern machen zu können. Was meint ihr - oder gibts so was?

Gruss Markus

Putzi

User
Hi Markus,

ich habe mir da auch schonmal am Rande Gedanken drüber gemacht, ich kam auch auf eine Art Seilkontruktion, hate ich allerdings für nicht ganz zweckmäßig.

Wenn man das ganze ingesamt dreiteilig aufbauen würde gäbe es noch eine andere Möglichkeit:

Du hast ganz innen eine Lamellenkontruktion (am besten wahrscheinlich aus GFK/CFK lamieniert, ist dünn aber trotzdem stabil.
Das ganze wird am vorderen Rand fest mit einem äußeren Mantel verklebt, welcher genau so lang ist wie die Lamellen.
Zwischen den Lamellen und dem Mantel kommt dann ein Ring (eventuell vom Querschnitt keilförmig), welcher dann im Ganzen per Servo nach vorne und hinten verschoben werden könnte. Wenn die Lamellen so angeklebt werden, dass sie etwas unter Spannung stehen und von selbst nach außen wollen müsste das eigentlich funktionieren, werde gleich noch ne kleine Zeichnung machen wie ich das meine.

Gruß TIMO

EDIT: So jetzt das Bild, hoffe es ist halbwegs erkennbar:

Schubdüse.jpg

Das schwarze ist hierbei der oben angesprochene Mantel, das rote ist der Ring (eventuell keilförmig auszuführen) und das dunkelgraue sollen die Lamellen sein.

This idea has been tested at RC-grpz occasionally and the result was the added weight vs gained thrust is marginal. I think you might have a better performance if you optimize the intake or just BUILD LIGHTER. In the Jetfan90 thread is written that the static thrust with a good inlet can be increased to 15-20%.

it will be very interesting how you can build this nozzle!

good luck!
Erik

Relaxr

User
Hi Timo - ja - meine Gedanken gehen genau in deine Richtung, wobei der entscheidende Schritt von der prinzipiellen Idee zur Ausführung unüberwindbar scheint. Eriks Bemerkung zum Gewicht der Sache ist natürlich absolut korrekt, da Leichtbau sicher sinnvoll ist, um Gegenbalast in der Nase zumindest weitestgehend zu vermeiden.

Erik - ich will nicht primär die Leistung erhöhen, sondern die Schubchrakteristik modulieren, am liebsten so:

-> offene Düse für Start, Landung und akrobatischen Langsamflug und Steigleistung

-> geschlossene Düse für Speedflug und erhöhtes Vmax.

Wie "dreht" sich eigentlich der Schubstrahl hinter dem Lüfter, müsste doch gleichsinnig etwas mit dem Rotor mit drehen oder?

Momentan erscheinen mir möglichst dünne Lamellen aus elastischem Federstahl oder sonstwas am besten. Diese werden überlappend an einem Ring in Richtung EDF befestigt - in der "offenen" Position. Ein hinten, aussen (Düsenausgang) drübergelegter Ring (CFK oder Stahl) müsste dann in Richtung Vorne verschoben werden, um dies Düse zu verengen. Ich denke, eine Verengung/aufweitung von 95% auf 70% FSA wäre völlig ok.

EDIT: was auch evtl. ginge (zumindest bei einfachen Jets mit 70mm Fan, zB meine Squall!) einen Folienkonus zB mit Cone (Freewaresoftware) zu machen, der aber nur vorne an einem Ring verklebt wird und mittels Mechnanismus am seitlich überlappenden Teil auf/und zugeschoben werden kann. Der Mechanismus des Antriebes mittels Servo bleibt dabei noch offen.

Ich glaube, ich habe eine neue Winterbastelaufgabe, da mein Hangar kpl. und fit ist.

Wenn ich was weiss, tue ichs kund :-)

Gruss Markus

Hi Markus,

I have made some math with fancalc for you as reference:
http://www.ecalc.ch/fancalc.htm?s4a
4s,2500(45/60C),50A ESC,2w20, MF480pro:

100%FSA: 978gr/193kmh
80%FSA: 875gr/216kmh

Your nozzle must weigh <100gr or you will not have better vertical climbs. With only 23km more speed.
I do not think the increase of thrust will be noticeable in flight. 100gr more thrust can be gained with a good inlet design (15-20% more thrust as I wrote)

for your information, My speed edf jet Uriah-BU flys with 2w20 and WM400MK1, Weight 670gr, topspeed dopplered at 280kmh. Because of the good intake design I do use a very small nozzle diameter (smaller as on the Jepe Pyranha which is 54mm, Uriah-BU is smaller as 50mm). Vertical accelleration is super.

The secret is:
1) a good intake design. If the intake is good, the thrust will be better as with a variable nozzle.You can make a smaller nozzle for high speed if you want.
If you want max thrust you need to design an intake which performs well in high alfa flight (Boulton P111 or Fearey Delta1 are ideal examples)
2) good efficiency on the drive system. If you have good efficiency you do have good flight times as well and you can use smaller batteries to have a lighter plane and better vertical+ low speed performance.
3)minimal drag from the plane. Not only the intake design is important, but the thickness of the airfoil, fuse, rudder (frontal area) do improve the flight times of the plane as well.

The squal or F16 is not a good intake design. the S-shape of the intake do cause a lot of resistance. The Turbine motor of the f16 performs better outside the plane as in the plane!

I forgot to mention the fan needs to have 90%FSA. with 100%FSA the rotorblades have bad efficiency. They need to work under load, just like a fluid pump but the fan works with air density. this will lower your useable thrust at 90%fsa to 928gr for my example which is only 6%.

I don't know what setup you will use but my example shows the gain is not very much on the thrust tube side. if you cannot give the nozzle very smooth surface and a low angled cone (similar physics as the intake design rules) the thrust will be low.

The airflow should be laminair in the thrusttube, but this depends on the power range the fan was designed for. with more power it is likely the stator does rotate the airflow.

Putzi

User
Hi WOlf,

der Link ist in Deutschland leider nicht anschaubar :(

Hi Erik,

thanks for your opinion and that you let us know qhat you know.
For me this project is just an experiment which I want to make to learn what is possible.
Of course a well-made intake is a very important fact in an EDF-jet, but what if the intake is already almost perfectly shaped? (Only an example :D ).

Sorry, dont have time for longer answers, more in today's evening.

TIMO

Relaxr

User
Hi - all

Eric, interesting to see your calculations for speed in dependence of FSA%s. But that is bringing me down "on the floor", I expected a larger effect. Together with the increasing masses in the rear part of the jet, I must admit, yes this makes not too much sense anymore. Thanks for your knowledge and preworks on that!

I also didnt expect the inlet area to have such effects, until now I believed, that only raw turbulence should be prevented, but there seems to be lots of optimisation space.

What kind of plane (why not a commercial 70mm one......:D ) would you propose with good designed inlet and outlet system and otherwise "slick" aerodynamics? Do you have a pic of your speed jet, this Uriah BU? Would be interesting to see this now :p

Ach ja - den Vid konnte ich sehen. Kenne ich - ist der Prototyp für den grossen GFK-EF von shakalflyer. Ist allerdings ein sehr aufwändiges Seilkonstrukt, sicher auch sehr schwer in der Endversion.

Na dann bleibt nur eins : ne Steckdüse mit 90% FSA und eine mit 70%. Die 70% wenns einen juckt und genug Gegenwind für einen sicheren Start da ist .....
Gruss + Danke für Euren Input
markus

Hi Markus,

Enjoy the pics!

If you want to read a little about intake design you can download the Stumax sm110-52 manual, read on Shuebeler's website and on the Jetfan90 thread.

The intake on my Uriah-BU is very open, but this is ideal for max static thrust and high alfa. the nacelle is very thin for max speed.

I think the best scale jets are like Mig15 and f86. I think the e-flite F86 is a nice ARF but unfortunately a bit too heavy and it needs a long field to take off. Perhaps a bunghee verson would be okay.

The most remarkeable on this F86 is that the intake area is close to 70%FSA and it still performs very well with 2w20.

Anhänge

• DSC00177.JPG
    DSC00177.JPG
    44,5 KB · Aufrufe: 43
  • DSC00168.JPG
    DSC00168.JPG
    49,9 KB · Aufrufe: 44
  • IMG_3180.JPG
    IMG_3180.JPG
    62,8 KB · Aufrufe: 42
  • IMG_3726.JPG
    IMG_3726.JPG
    72,4 KB · Aufrufe: 68
  • DSC00170.JPG
    DSC00170.JPG
    47,2 KB · Aufrufe: 30

Relaxr

User
Hello Eric - yep your Uriah has a very unique design, now I know, what you mean with effective thrusting. Its really straight and open.
With the Mig-15 I have no worries, I have a small one from freewing with "cleaned" thrust way. It goes on 3S-2200 some 130kmh (dopplered) - I love it! Maybe I go some day for the eflight glass Mig-15 - but it has a desadvantage, there is a cheater hole on the belly side, preventing starting it sliding from grass. Thats the way I start the freewing mig 15, as it is delicate to throw..
Markus

hehe, now you know why a Pyranha, Sniper, El bandito, Eliminator etc is not 100% perfect for edf. The problem is you cannot see the rotorblades and because of this the airflow must take a bend in the intake tube.The bend in a Viperjet is much more because this is a scale design and this is a good example why scale jets are not ideal for speed. It is easy to understand now that a speedcontest with a Habu will not be very impressive as well.

The biggest problem is that you can only have -1bar underpressure and you have a 100% vacuum. If you have only -0.05bar vacuum due to intake losses you will have 5% loss which is near identical to the variable nozzle gain you would have. if you design the intake better, the thrust and speed will be much better.

It is very easy to know if an intake is designed well. Just listen to the intake and if the noise is low you have a winner. Here is my intake test of my project. At the end of the test you see the intake is only 15cm from the camera. At the start you can hear the air accellerate and when it is moving the noise gets low.
http://www.youtube.com/user/electrobob1#p/u/4/U-Efi-dMNbY
This intake is oval, very similar as the Boultons but these perform even better in high alfa flight.
see post 2 for video:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1132040

On the thrusttube side you can hear the woosh of high efflux speed if the plane is fat and slow with a high power setup. then it will be a good choice to install a bigger fan for more thrust.
A video of my schreiner Viperjet (1.2m wingspan, microfan):
http://www.youtube.com/user/electrobob1?feature=watch#p/u/23/2M76_1o25YI

An example of low intake noise and low thrust noise. This is a big 90mm edf jet with a minifan+16/15/3 (450W):
http://www.youtube.com/user/electrobob1?feature=watch#p/u/22/95ASWUEr2-s

Basically you need to know what olane you want to build before you chose a setup. That's why edf jets are more challenging as prop planes to make them good or very good.

good luck!
Erik

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten