Monte Cucco-Italia

The photo attached shows the southern slope of Monte Cucco.
Don't be scared for the amount of hanggliders, the reason is that the slope is usually reserved for their flight and for paragliders.
A local modelling group has had from the mayor of Sigillo the right to reserve the slope to model flying ONLY from August 30 to September 1 .
You only have to preserve the site clean, no other restriction is imposed.
Monte Cucco has a northern slope too.
For more informations write to
Ranox@tin.it

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7350/14762880.jpg

There will be one organised meeting at the end of June, nut this is reserved to Italian modeller adhering to FIAM, an italian modelling federation.
The meeting will be held for the third time this year, but it's the first time that the slope is reserved to modellers, otherwise model flight is forbidden.
In 100 km radius from Cucco there are other well know sloping paradises: Vettore and Catria well worth a visit

DSCN3924.jpg

DSCN3958.jpg

Xmodels sponsor

Xmodels sponsor

X-models will be one of the sponsor of this great meeting.
One Stingray or PrismaRay will be donate to the meeting organization, and will be won by the "most talented (hopefully young) aerobatic pilot".
Beppe is right, this is a wonderful place to fly, with great and friendly people, easy-to-find accomodations, inexpensive, and a unique opportunity to live our great mountains with the best weather you can imagine in europe.
Hope to see you there!

Max

Eckart Müller

Teammitglied
Hi, denkt ihr polyglotten Kracks auch mal daran, dass es hier User geben soll, die nicht so fremdsprachlich bewandert sind? Wenn es denn unbedingt in fremder Zunge sein muss, wäre es den Anderen gegenüber eine faire Geste, auch den deutschen Text zu posten. :rolleyes:

Eckart

Hallo Eckhart
Ich studierte 5 Jahre in der High School Deutsch, aber 50 Jahre sind seitdem und abgesehen von einem kurzen Urlaub in Bayern bestanden, habe ich nicht die Gelegenheit hatte zu sprechen und zu schreiben.
Leider kann ich nicht helfen, aber auf englisch schreiben, ich denke, dieser Text wird schwierig sein zu verstehen, ist ursprünglich in schriftlicher italienischen und ins Deutsche übersetzt von Google.
Doch der Kommentar auf dem Foto ein paar Zeilen ist, sollten Sie keine besonderen Schwierigkeiten zu verstehen.
Es tut mir leid, aber ich kann nicht anders, als weiterhin in englischer Sprache das Zählen auf Ihr Verständnis zu schreiben.

Hallo

Me with MantaRay and Uwe Freitag with StingRay , Cucco north slope.

DSC_3814.jpg

Hallo gghisleri,

please write again and again about such fantastic soaring-locations in Italy.
So, I've heard for the first time about Monte Cucco.
May be, we'll fly some day together.
Many greetings
Guglielmo

Danke Guglielmo.

This mail was written to me by a german modeller.

Hi,

thanks for your Photos and Intro!

I'm a big fan of Catria, Cucco, Vettore and all the others in this region.

And every year (2 times) glad, that there are not too many other
modelistas. O.k. its far away from Germany, but i'm a little bit
afraid of a avalange of pilots from Germany, Swiss, Austria and and and.
With all the problems we have in the Alps. For example DS and other
nonsense. Please read about "Trattberg". Its closed now for guests.

So i'm not quite sure, whether its really wise to talk about this paradise
too much here.

Just my 5 cents.

Should I quit or .......?

robi

User
The photo attached shows the southern slope of Monte Cucco.
Don't be scared for the amount of hanggliders, the reason is that the slope is usually reserved for their flight and for paragliders.
A local modelling group has had from the mayor of Sigillo the right to reserve the slope to model flying ONLY from August 30 to September 1 .
You only have to preserve the site clean, no other restriction is imposed.
Monte Cucco has a northern slope too.
For more informations write to
Ranox@tin.it

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7350/14762880.jpg

@gghisleri
Monte Cucco is a perfect site for hanggliding !
I have been there several times and had always lot´s of airtime and fantastic flights !

But to be honest I have never thought about model flying there.
Maybe I have to try whilst I am there for hanggliding.

Do you know whether hanggliding is still allowed during the period of time 30.8 to 1.9
or is it only allowed for model flying ?

Regards
robi

@gghisleri
Monte Cucco is a perfect site for hanggliding !
I have been there several times and had always lot´s of airtime and fantastic flights !

But to be honest I have never thought about model flying there.
Maybe I have to try whilst I am there for hanggliding.

Do you know whether hanggliding is still allowed during the period of time 30.8 to 1.9
or is it only allowed for model flying ?

Regards
robi

Those days are for Model Flying only.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten