Jetcat P100 anybody having experience ??

Apparently nobody in Italy had already experience with the P100.
I am purchasing an MB339 with a wingspan of 2 mt. so I would like to know if any of you had already used the P100.
Any suggestion for a different turbine?
Regards
Andrea

P100RX

P100RX

Hi Andrea,

I started with Jetflying this year and bought a new P100RX for my CARF New Rookie, because I wanted a turbine with the latest technology and easy to handle.
I must say everything works perfect. With these new RX-Turbines of JetCat you only have to connect the fuel-pipeline and one Power-Bus-Cable, that’s all.
No external fuel valves and no adjustment of the fuel-pump such as the old turbines.
The turbine starts and runs perfect. Up to now absolutely nothing to complain.
From my point of view these RX-Turbines are absolutely recommendable – I would buy it again …

Kind regards,

Christof

Hi Andrea,
a friend of mine has a P100RX in his MB339 from C&C, Italy. It works perfect in this model, plenty of power an no problems in use.
You decided well with the MB and this JetCat.
Regards otto

Somebody told me that due to the high rpm (154.000) the power is only at top rpm. Is it true?? They also say that this is the reason for which JetCat has just launched the new 90rx that gives 10,5N at only 130.000 rpm.
What do you think??
I might go for the 90rx.

Hi Andy!

Well, the P-90 is a development of the old trusted P-80. A great idea, but a different story compared to the P-100. The P-100 is a great engine, we have used ours in a Turbinator, Reaction 54, C-ARF Mig-15 and Tomahawk Viperjet so far. It runs flawless and has plenty of power for the size and weight. I would highly recommend that engine. The P-90 is able to produce similar thrust at lower rpm because of it's bigger size. It has not only an overall bigger diameter, but a bigger compressor, and a bigger turbine-wheel, so putting the same amount of air through the engine is possible at lower rpm. Some sort of phyisc I guess :). The P-90 is developed to push the old P-80 to a higher level with onboard everything. Just plug the turbine to your fuel-system and to the ecu and your done.

I would go for the P-100 again. A great engine with sophisticated accessories.

BR,

David

Hi Andrea,

the physics of all turbines is the same: thrust is a quadratic function of the RPM. That means: double RPM produces quadruple thrust.
And of course a turbine with more diameter produces the same thrust with a lower RPM than a turbine with a minor diameter.

But you don´t have to worry about that because you can adjust the response of the turbine in the ECU.
In the “Limits Menue” of the ECU there is a point “Curve” where you can set the gas curve according to your personal preference.

Factory Set is “3” which means that the thrust (not RPM) of the turbine is proportional to the throttle stick position. I´m happy with this setting and I didn´t change it.
Possible values are 0,1 to 5 – for example setting 1 means that the RPM is proportional to the throttle stick position. Hope these notes will answer some questions.

I´m very happy with my P100RX because the ratio of thrust and weight is quite good and also fuel consumption is at a moderate level.

Regards,

Christof

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten