Hollenbeck winch maintenace?

Hi all,

recently i bought a 3 years old Hollenbeck winch second hand (no manual seen), it works very fine. Does any of the gear/motor need maintenance? I think of greasing mechanicals or carbons/collector items. All hints are very welcome, thanks in advance.

plinse

User
Syvertsen J. schrieb:
I think of greasing mechanicals or carbons/collector items. All hints are very welcome, thanks in advance.

Grease on the collector will ruin the motor so be careful with that.

Usually there is no maintenance necessary, only at some bearings there might be pins to press grease in. If there are no pins like that you propably don't have to do anything.

Yes I would never grease the collector indeed. For greasing i had only mechanicals in mind. For collector I was thinking of inspecting or replacing the carbons who sit on the collector, 'do they even need to be looked after' was my worry because they have to withstand very high currents. Thanks.

Hi Syvertsen,

I also have a Hollenbeck winch and on it is written in german:
"Alle 250 Starts bei aufrecht stehender Winde 1ccm Öl einfüllen, Rücklaufsperre einlegen und 10 Umdrehungen von Hand durchdrehen!"
Try to put it in the Google translator and you may understand this words.
I hope, I'd helped you.

Greetings
Tilo

The only maintenance required is to oil the Freewheel bearing (Sprag clutch). On early winches this required the winch to be stripped down.
On your winch there is probibly an oiler tube fitted.

My Hollenbeck winch is now 15 years old.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten