Valach vm210

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Attention
According to the European distributor of Valach engines, it is not safe to fly the Valach vm210 without the update with the extra rear ball bearing. The crankshaft might break in flight at the rear crank pin.
This extra bearing takes away a good part of the stress from the
rear crank pin.
How many of you Valach owners knew about this?
This is somthing the European distributor of Valach engines, have known about for several months.
The European distributor of Valach engines also demand i should pay for the shipping back to Germany to get the update done, is this normal ?

Valach Motors is located in Czech Republic yes, but Toni Clark practical scale GmbH want me to send it back to Germany.
If an item that is purchased brand new has an error that needs to be repaired, it is then natural that the customer must pay for the shipping to get it fixed? :confused:

UweHD

User
Valach Motors is located in Czech Republic yes, but Toni Clark practical scale GmbH want me to send it back to Germany.
If an item that is purchased brand new has an error that needs to be repaired, it is then natural that the customer must pay for the shipping to get it fixed? :confused:
I'm not an expert in legal issues, but I assume that the responsible party in case of warranty claims should be the actual producer/manufacturer - in this case Valach Motors. Usually the manufacturer covers the cost for any necessary warranty repairs through the respective distributors... but maybe that's not the case with Valach/Toni Clark in this particular warranty issue. You should also not forget that Valach Motors is bancrupt since the beginning of 2013, so the distributor might not be covered by the manufacturer anymore:
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81062

But, as I said, this is just my 2 cents. I have no profund idea about the legal background.

UweHD

User
I guess when it's a design flaw, one should expect the manufacturer/distributor pays for the shipping... :rolleyes:
Not sure. I once had a warranty issue with a Sony HiFi amplifier and I personally had to pay for the shipping. As far as I know, a warranty claim is a "bringschuld" (german legal term for the customer to be obliged to deliver the goods back to the manufacturer)

Not sure. I once had a warranty issue with a Sony HiFi amplifier and I personally had to pay for the shipping. As far as I know, a warranty claim is a "bringschuld" (german legal term for the customer to be obliged to deliver the goods back to the manufacturer)
I have also offered to drive to Luebbecke,Germany (1700 km) to get the engine updated or replaced, but no ............

Maybe I don't get ist. How much is the postage from Norway to Germany... does is really make sense to drive 1.700km instead?

the main problem is that i probably have to pay import duty one more time when the engine comes back to Norway. So it will probably be cheaper for me to drive to Germany to get the engine repaired or replaced, than to pay the freight myself.
Shipping one way 130 EUR
Norwegian tax 500 EUR

No, I don't think you have to pay taxes twice.
Just check with your customs and explain you have to send the engine back for an upgrade.
I guess you already have a bill to prove you already payed taxes... ;)
BTW, € 130,- is a lot of money for shipping the engine!

Also ich fasse mal zusammen:
Die ursprüngliche Firma Valach,die den Motor hergestellt hat existiert nicht mehr.
Die Nachfolgefirma hat ein Update entwickelt,welches eine Verbesserung für den
Einsatz mit starken Belastungen im Kunstflug bietet.
Dieses Update wird von der neuen Firma in Tschechien ,die rechtlich keine Verbindung zu der alten Firma hat für Bestandskunden kostenlos angeboten.
Der Vertreiber sammelt die Motoren und schickt sie kostenlos zum Hersteller zum Update.
Da die Kunden im In- und Ausland sitzen erwartet er nur den kostenfreien Versand
an den deutschen Vertrieb.
Wenn ich einen Motor zur Reparatur ausführe und den gleichen dann wieder einführe
entsteht kein Mehrwert,also auch kein Zoll.
Die Reise nach Deutschland kann man sich sparen,da die Upgrades in Tschechien gemacht werden
Dann noch die 600km anhängen und gleich zum Hersteller fahren!
Bei einem Neupreis von 2200€ sind die Portokosten ja wohl zu verkraften.

Übrigends:der gleiche Thread läuft schon in amerikanischen Foren.
Ich glaube nicht,dass der Service besser wird mit Hersteller/Vertreiberbashing!

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten