Pirotti Tuono Easy

edwin

User
Hi to All,

Sorry for my English writing, my German speaking and reading is no problem but my German writing very bad :(

Does any one got some more info on the Pirotti Tuono Easy as an turbine set up?

I'm looking in to this one but there is so less info to find out there.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

i would look for something else!!!

I have owned two Tuonos, first one was crap!
Fitment was terrible, needed a lot of sanding and filling.

Then he told me he made new mold, so i orderd new
one with outside painting applied by Pirotti.
Delay of delivery if 8 month, plane arrived. When unpacking,
first parts chipped if paint. Had to repaint most if the plane, very poor quality!

Then a friend of mine orderd a Tuono Easy! Again painted by Pirotti.
Same disaster, very poor fitment - big disappointment too.

I would devinetly not buy anything of Mauro again!

But thats just my 2 cents !

Cheers

Thomas

Tuono Easy, some more info

Tuono Easy, some more info

Hi Edwin,

I know my post is a few months late, however there is not a lot posted about this jet so I figured it could not hurt to add my experience. I purchased a Tuono Easy kit late last year with the intention of building a turbine version. The basic kit is not ARTF, however there is a basic hardware pack included and you can buy the pipe and moulded tank for turbines seperate. The mounting rails that comes with the kit is designed for edf, so be warned that for turbine some rework/redesign is required. Pirotti can supply the Easy as ARTF, if you don't like the idea of tackling any construction then this can be a good investment. I found lining up the turbine rails, pipe and pipe exit to be quite tricky and requiring many hours of tweaking to get it to a point I was happy with.

I installed mine with a VT80 and it flew with plenty of power on the maiden flight. The VT80 is a quite light turbine for its size, I am not sure I would want a heavier turbine though as the wing loading feels quite fast as it is.

Anyway there is an article about my jet in this months Jet Power magazine, you can check out some pictures and detail in there, also in the next edition I hope to have an article published that will cover assembly and maiden flight experiences.

Regarding materials and paint finish, I found it to be quite OK by my standards and I am not dissapointed by any quality issues. I would buy from Pirotti again if the need arises.

Any questions, just ask.

best regards,

Geoff

JetpowerCover.jpg

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten