Raven 40

djlyon

User
Hi Markus

Sorry for the English. I read and speak German but I can't write It.

I had the ModelTech Raven and powered it with a Magnum 53. I had about 200 flights on it and a lot of fun. It is a well made plane and strong but it is a very poor flying plane. The wing area is small. About 388 sqin. The wing loading is very high. The plane weighed about 2.5 kilo. With just a little too much elevator the plane would instantly snap roll. There was a lot said about this plane on RCUniverse 3 or 4 years ago and nearly nothing said was good.
I would not waste my money.

Hallo Markus.

Wir hatten dei Raven schon vor Jahren mal beim Lindinger gekauft und mit einem 10er OS befeuert. Da hatte sie um die 2,8kg. Das Modell flog super Rollen waren kein problem, eher das abschätzen wo sie in der Rolle war. Einrasten nach der Rolle war auch super. Allerdings durch das zu hohe Gewicht ist sie bei uns im Club drei richtig schon im Acker eingeschlagen.
Wir sagten nur noch "Schmierfräse" zu dem Modell. Einwenig zu viel Höhe und dann ist sie weg.

Wolfgang

djlyon

User
That is correct Markus. Not good. But it was fun. It needs a very experienced pilot and an engine that never quits. I think that if the engine ever quit the plane would just fall down like a rock. No gliding. I would fly the pattern routines with it and replace all the aileron roll manuevers with snap rolls and just pump the elevator to get the snaps.

Denis

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten