Mistral 4900 or 4300?

Dear all

Ich habe einen Mistral 4300 auf Bestellung mit Jörg, aber ich habe ein großes Problem der Entscheidung, ob für die 4300 oder 4900 (mit beiden Mittelfelder ist über meine $ $ $ Budget) zu gehen.

Was ich suchen in Bezug auf Leistung ist so etwas wie eine große Version eines F3b / f Segelflugzeug. Es wird elektrische Energie zu haben. Ich möchte in der Lage, einige Thermikfliegen, sowie Geschwindigkeitsläufe und angemessenen Kunstflug (F3B denen jeder anständige Flugzeug wird ganz gut tun) zu tun. Ich will nicht einen großen F3J Ebene (zu hell Ich denke, für den Einsatz ich will)

Die 4900 hat schöne Linien zu meinem Auge (mit seiner hohen Aspektverhältnis Flügel). Es ist nur ein höchst wünschenswertes Flugzeug zu besitzen! Es liegt nahe, dass der größere Flügelfläche und geringere Flächenbelastung, sollten bessere Thermik Qualitäten bedeuten. Auf der anderen Seite, hat Jörg auf dem Mistral 4300 Thread hier festgestellt, dass dieses Modell scheint thermische besser, wenn es ein bisschen schwerer, und das Vorschaltgerät sollte immer berücksichtigt werden. Wenn diese Aussage gilt, gibt es keinen guten Grund für die erhöhte Spannweite von 4900 gehen ....

Das Video von der 4900 auf der Website Windwings zeigt eine beeindruckende Rollrate für eine so lange Flügel (nicht alles, was langsamer als die 4300 es scheint).

Die Mitteltafel auf der 4900 ist recht lang, so wird es weniger bequem zu transportieren und zu lagern als die 4300. Auf der anderen Seite, gibt es dem Flugzeug viel mehr Klappenbereich, die Verbesserung sollte es für Bremsen Hang Landungen.

Ich würde irgendwelche Gedanken aus der aktuellen Besitzer von Mistrals schätzen, bitte!

Chris

Dear all

I have a Mistral 4300 on order with Jörg, but I have a big problem deciding whether to go for the 4300 or the 4900 (having both centre panels is beyond my $$$ budget).

What I am looking for in terms of performance is something like a big version of an F3b/f glider. It will have electric power. I want to be able to do some thermal flying, as well as speed runs, and reasonable aerobatics (which any decent F3B plane will do quite well). I don’t want a big F3J plane (too light I think for the use I want)

The 4900 has beautiful lines to my eye (with its high aspect ratio wing). It is just a most desirable plane to own! It stands to reason that the bigger wing area and lower wing loading SHOULD imply better thermalling qualities. On the other hand, Jörg has stated on the Mistral 4300 thread here that that model seems to thermal better when it is a bit heavier, and that ballast should be always considered. If that statement holds true, there is no good reason to go for the increased wingspan of the 4900….

The video of the 4900 on the Windwings site shows an impressive roll rate for such a long wing (not all that slower than the 4300 it seems).

The centre panel on the 4900 is quite long, so it will be less convenient to transport and to store than the 4300. On the other hand, it gives the plane much more flap area, which should improve it’s braking for slope landings.

I would appreciate any thoughts from current owners of Mistrals, please!

Chris

Tillux

User
Hello Chris,

I´am currently owner of the Mistral 4300. Certainly it is perfect for all requirements. I ordered the bigger central panel as well because it looks great. And of course it has no handicap counterpart the smaller one.
But you certainly can expect it basically will fly a little bit slowlier with that.

I did the grafik design for the 4900 on his (Jörg from Windwings) homepage because I love this Glider.

My recommendation: First buy the smaller version and then you have time enough to decide for the big panel as well.

Best regards, Til:)

pilotini

User
I'm in a simmilar position like Tillux. I own the 4300 and fly it with great pleasure and success. Mine is quite heavy on purpose, but does excellent on thermalling. However, I ordered the larger wingspan center section to take it out in lighter conditions and when landing space is constraint (I expect slower landing speed due to reduced wing load and larger flaps, when compared to the 4300). I subscribe the rcommendation Tillux gave you. You won't regret. Cheers.

I bought the 4300, and I'm assembling it now. I will report back on my impressions later!

Ich kaufte das 4300, und ich bin jetzt der Montage darauf. Ich werde wieder auf meine Eindrücke später berichten!

Chris

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten