Pace VX 3.8 im Durchschnitt 123.91km/h im Flachland

yes... 123,91... :-)

yes... 123,91... :-)

If you look carefully to your flight, you may see quite a number of GPS measuring errors, as usual on many of other pilots uploaded flights. That means in this case that the triangle has some "out of boundary" speeds on second leg mainly, in which the glider goes from 88Kmh to 315Kmh in 1 second and again to 429 in the next second and down to 178 in a further second to return below 80 again later. This gives a final error on mean speed and points ;) ... If you look well, most of the flight is done around 80 Km/h (which is really good), and with two legs with mean speeds well above 120.... something must be screwed there...

Those GPS errors are usually due to poor reception due to much CFK around, or poor placement of the GPS unit, or few GPS satellites around, or any of the previous circumstances combined with very steep angle turns. In our slope, where quite high speeds are obtained, steep turns are a MUST, so very careful GPS placement is mandatory in order to avoid errors and contribute to a fair and clean competition, but as said before, that's not done by everybody or every time...

I have been flying already 4 years RC OLC and know very well those errors that can ruin a flight. I use to examine my flights with seeyou software and if the scored triangle has GPS errors I use to delete the affected flight. Not everybody does, that's free, but if detected by OLC team, it may lead to unwanted situations...

Cheers and have much fun, that's the OLC competition goal :)

Gast_36267

User gesperrt
Hab ich gerade gesehen: Durchschnitt 123.91km/h im Flachland

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/rc/flightinfo.html?dsId=3506776

Ich bin schwer beeindruckt :eek: Hätte nicht gedacht, dass der Hobel im Flachland nutzbar ist.

Bernd

Hallo Bernd,
diese Info bezüglich fehlerhafter Logdaten wurde bereits nach Veröffentlichunge (auch in FB) von meiner Seite mit Stefan heftig diskutiert. Meine Empfehlung nach Analyse der Daten war eindeutig die Loggerposition und nächsten Daten vor Veröffentlichung weitere Daten zu prüfen.
Gruß Martin

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten