Cause of crash?

Depends.... If this "take off" was a consequence of the Pilot actively pulling the stick then its a simple pilots error. If not, it was possibly wrong CG or thrust verctor or both. I had a comparable situation with a cougar without any Elevator pitch. The plane took off by itself half way down the runway, got vertically up into the air, stood there for a moment in 15 m or so and then fell over its back into a loop and finally came down. Luckily, it has mostly completed the Loop when touching ground so it was nearly leveled when crashing and reparable. Reason was a lose exhaust pipe spar and completely wrong thrs vector.

Nice model this panthera Jet.

Best,
Stephan

Dix

User
If this "take off" was a consequence of the Pilot actively pulling the stick then its a simple pilots error.
It was!

Have a look at the video. :rolleyes:
The elevator was deflected too much!
Having groundeffect it is possible to lift off below v_min!
When leaving the ground effect the plane will stall. In this case release the stick is not enough.

Pilot-Error - End of story!

I think it is very hard to see if the rudder was pulled or not.
I cannot see it exactly in the Video.

In case it was not pulled, I think it’s a wrong cg.

In case it was pulled, pilot error :eek:

Ruder.jpg

pazzopilota

User gesperrt
voll gezogen...(fully drawn...)

voll gezogen...(fully drawn...)

...& das gleich am Start + versucht mit Querruder zu retten...:(

...Drücken & Seitenruder wäre wohl besser gewesen - aber hintennach ist man bekanntlich immer schlauer, vor allem als Zuschauer

holm & rippe

Andy

====================================

& ... To save the same at the start + tries with aileron ... :(

Press & rudder would have been better - but behind other one is known to always be smarter, especially as a spectator

spar & rib

Andy

Dix

User
The only and very truth

The only and very truth

Main reason is: Not enough power for vertical climb... :p

stobi

User
Hallo,

fand ich schon immer komisch wenn ich so auf Flugtagen war.
Scale bauen heißt doch eigentlich auch scale starten.
Daß das heute selten jemand weiß?
Beim den alten F4C Wettbewerben gab das Punktabzug.
Na ja, Punktabzug oder Modellabzug....:D

ThomasE

User
@dominicim: I had a very similar accident!!! After a very flat takeoff my jet comes back to the ground. I'm scared about and pulled the elevator to much. The result was nearly the same as in this video! As I can see in the slow motion, the elevator on the plane is also very much pulled. May bee to much deflection!

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten