Flying outside club!

Hi everyone,
I am new to Germany and this forum and I could not find answers for my questions in English.
I have just moved to NRW and I have couple of questions regarding to drones in Germany:
1. Is it mandatory to join a club in order to fly our drones or we can fly it outside of the city with permission of landlord? I have a small quadcopter and a plane which I used to fly in farms out of the city without any permission and any danger to anyone.
2. Is it mandatory to get a "third person"insurance to be able to fly model planes and quadcopter?
Thanks

UweHD

User
Hi everyone,
I am new to Germany and this forum and I could not find answers for my questions in English...
Don't worry, English is fine
...1. Is it mandatory to join a club in order to fly our drones or we can fly it outside of the city with permission of landlord? I have a small quadcopter and a plane which I used to fly in farms out of the city without any permission and any danger to anyone..
You don't need to be a club member. With en electric powered RC-Model with less than 5kgs of weight, you can fly almost everywhere, besides certain zones around airports etc. The so-called ICAO maps will show you the allowed flight levels. But for a smaller quad, you should be safe if you just leave some distance to airports. Additionally, it's forbidden to fly over larger crowds of people, this was introduced just recently as a reaction to drones being used as camera platforms at concerts etc.
...2. Is it mandatory to get a "third person"insurance to be able to fly model planes and quadcopter?
Thanks
Yes, you need a third party liability insurance for any model airplane. You might want to check www.dmfv.aero for a membership including insurance (about 56€ pa all. incl.), or check out other insurance companies. I can recommend the DMFV, which is one of the bigger umbrella organizations for RC-modellers.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten