Problems turning with Airbull light and Hacker Stunt 3 - weight?

Hi,

How much weight do you use with the Stunt 3 in approximately 15-20km winds?

I was flying this past Sunday and the wind was irregular. I'm using the Airbull Trike with the Airbull light conversion with a Stunt 3. Around 1pm the wind seemed a bit more regular with slight gusts. I launched at approx 2.2kg. and had 3 great flights.

On the fourth flight i wanted to come around and land. I was turning downwind and could no longer turn. It was exactly as if the radio was not working except I could hear the motor and servos. No matter what I did my Stunt 3 kept going down wind. I tried cutting the motor, turning, gaining speed ,etc... I finally let it go and picked up my paraglider 1km further.

Has this happened to before to anyone and could it be because I'm not using enough weight?

thanks

WiFli

User gesperrt
Hacker Stunt 3.0 Setup

Hacker Stunt 3.0 Setup

Hello Charlesd,

the Stunt 3.0 you can at 15-20 Km / h wind with 3.2 - 3.5 Kg fly.
When he is not flying restless, simply speed up the screen a bit less and you'll notice that it is nice and quiet.
If you have any questions more, just write. ;)
Furthermore, a lot of fun to fly!

Nice greetings from Germany!
Mike

Thanks Mike,

Today we had a wind of 10-15km. My daughter makes crafts with Duct tape so she made me a pocket to put weights inside. I strap this to the frame underneath the seat and it holds perfectly.

I went up to 2.75kg today and it flew perfectly !! :) It turned very well and had nice speed.

We did the same thing for my friend's Oxy 1.0 -- 4lbs and he was very surprised as he did not fly his in the wind. He did today:cool:

Thanks for the tip. I'll post some pictures and video later.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten