ESC Turnigy dlux 160 HV reduziert stets die Motorleistung nach gewisser Zeit

Schildere mein Problem mal in englisch, da ich es auch international dikutiere. Solltet natürlich ruhig in deutsch antworten ;-)

Dear Sirs,
Thank you very much for answering my request.
Having a LVC-Trouble was also my first idea, when I heard the engine of my 2,10 m Edge pulsing in the sky (alternating the rpm on a lower level). I thought this, especially because of an used new 2-Blade-Propeller with 22x14. My first 10 flights were with an 3-Blade-Propeller 20x12 and I had no problems at all. At full acceleration my Rotomax 50 pulled 95 Amps out of my 12S5000 Battery-Pack. With the new 2-Blade-Prop it pulled 136 Amps and the problem occured the first time.

But however, after some detailed investigations, I'm thinking that the problem is not the LVC!
I switched again the propeller, installed a smaller 2-Blade-Propeller 22x10. At full acelleration it pulled 82 Amps out of my batteries. But the effect is the same: after about 30 seconds full gas, the Rotomax starts pulsing the rpm on a lower level. And each new time with full gas, this unlikely result is coming a little bit earlier (first at 82 Amps, second at 74 Amps, third at 65 Amps, a.s.o.)

From my side of view, wether the ESC has a malfunction or it is a termical problem. But I'm not sure of what the ESC really does by reaching 100 degrees temperature... normaly it then should completely stop the engine.

How did I programm my ESC?
1. Brake off
2. 12S LiPo
3. Rotation normal
4. Acceleration high
5. Under-Voltage: I tried all three possibilities "Ignore" and "Reduce Power" and "Stop", to check the difference and because of the tones are different from the ESC's user manual! At "Ignore" and "Reduce Power" the result is as described above (pulsing on lower RPM). At "Stop" the engine stops completely when the problem occured.
6. timing: it was on "automatic" already during my first 10 flights with the 3-Blade-Propeller when no problem occured, but as well during my flights with the big Propeller when the problem started. Later I put it on "High", but the problem was still the same.
7. Switching frequency: it was on 8 kHz since my first flights. Later I put it on 16 kHz, but it was not better, the problem still occured.
8. Restore factory setting: never used
9. Active RPM-Controll: never used

I'm having a program box. But I cannot do anything with this box, because it doesn't work at all.
I know, that I have to put 6 V on the box, because of the opto disjunction. But when I do so, in the display of the program box appears only "Hextronik Prog. Box V 0242" and not "...V 1.0" and no push on any key doesn't have any effect! Therefore I did all my programming with the sticks of my transmitter. But by this way I'm not able to controll or change the Cut-off-Voltage!!!
The default should be 3,2V per cell, that makes an effect at 38,4 V by using the 12S Battery.
But the problem occured already higher, at about 42V and because of the installed Graupner HoTT System (incl. Electric Air Module), I'm able to watch all 12 cells in realtime on the 2nd display of my transmitter Graupner MC32, as well as the total voltage, the current, etc. And there was no cell voltage lower than 3,5 Volt and no total voltage lower than 42V when the problem occured! On the other hand should not occure any effect at all, by the already tested program position "ignore" under point 5 on the program list.

While thinking about "what was different during the first 10 flights when it worked corectly", I see only 2 things; first the propeller and second the radio system battery. This little 3S2200 battery got a new position after 10 flights, because of an advantage regarding the Center of Gavity. I put it closer to the Rotomax 50. It could be possible, the the cooling airflow to the ESC is now poor, because this little battery is now between the Rotomax and the ESC. But again, in the case of a temperature problem, the Rotomax should stop immediately, and not starting to reduce power and pulse with a lower RPM.

Hoping that somebody is having further ideas for me?
It's really terrible to have this problem in my favorite airplane, especially during the best summer weeks in the year :-(

Thanks a lot in advance, your support is highly appreciated,
Andreas Meitzke
Phone: +49-(0)177-3228262

"5. Under-Voltage: I tried all three possibilities "Ignore" and "Reduce Power" and "Stop", to check the difference and because of the tones are different from the ESC's user manual! At "Ignore" and "Reduce Power" the result is as described above (pulsing on lower RPM). At "Stop" the engine stops completely when the problem occured."

Das klingt aber trotzdem stark nach Unterspannungsproblem. Stell doch mal 11S ein.
Die Verwendung der Programmierkarte erfordert vermutlich auch das Anstecken des Flugakkus, oder?
Wie groß ist der Innenwiderstand der Akkus? 140A an 5000er ist schon ein Wort.

Bei einem Temperaturproblem sollte der Regler vor allem feuer heiß sein. Ist er das?

Stefan

"5. Under-Voltage: I tried all three possibilities "Ignore" and "Reduce Power" and "Stop", to check the difference and because of the tones are different from the ESC's user manual! At "Ignore" and "Reduce Power" the result is as described above (pulsing on lower RPM). At "Stop" the engine stops completely when the problem occured."

Das klingt aber trotzdem stark nach Unterspannungsproblem. Stell doch mal 11S ein.
Die Verwendung der Programmierkarte erfordert vermutlich auch das Anstecken des Flugakkus, oder?
Wie groß ist der Innenwiderstand der Akkus? 140A an 5000er ist schon ein Wort.

Bei einem Temperaturproblem sollte der Regler vor allem feuer heiß sein. Ist er das?

Stefan

Hallo Stefan,
ob der Regler heiß wird muss ich noch ohne Motorhaube checken. Das mit der Einstellung 11S oder gar 10S hatte ich auch schon im Kopf, bin mir aber nicht sicher, ob ich damit wegen der anliegenden 50 Volt nichts zerstören kann. Meiner Ansicht nach dient die Einstellung zwar lediglich zur Ermittlung der minimalen Eingangsgesamtspannung, aber man weiß ja nie. Ich dachte ja auch, bei der Einstellung "Ignore" würde der Regler niemals runterregeln und lag damit auch daneben. Die Verwenundung der Prgrammierbox habe ich selbstverständlich schon in allen Varianten ausprobiert, dabei selbstverständlich auch den Flugakku angeschlossen. Ferner auch die 6V Bordspannung, mit und ohne angeschlossenem Motor, etc.. einfach alles schon ausprobiert - diese Box tut es einfach nicht, vermutlich defekt.
lg Andreas

Scrad

User
Hallo,

du musst dir im klaren sein das es ein Regler im absoluten Billigsegment ist.

12S , 160 A kosten wenn sie 100% selbst am Limit(12S) funktionieren sollen richtig viel Geld.

Wenn die 12S ausgereizt werden , dann kann man oft gerne mal die Ampere Angabe halbieren oder dritteln ;)

Da ich auch Speedboote fahre und insofern auch in entsprechenden Foren unterwegs bin, kann ich dir da einiges zu sagen.Mittlerweile versucht bald jeder lieber 6S und notfalls 300 A zu fahren,als im HV Bereich mit Billigreglern arbeiten zu müssen.Die günstigen 6S Regler funktionieren oft problemlos,aber die HV sind so eine Sache.Die Leute haben dort alles durch und die Dinger auch reihenweise zerlegt bzw. sie werden umgebaut bis sie funktionieren.

2 von 3 Reglern haben keine richtige Anbindung der Kühlkörper an die Feeds.Da klafft ein spalt von 0,5 mm und insofern ist schon bei geringen Leistungen Feierabend .

Auch ich hatte das schon.Habe den Kühlkörper dann mit Thermokleber vernünftig draufgepappt , und schon war alles ok (wenn man den Regler denn überhaupt so weit zerlegen kann)

Es sind halt Regler mit enormer Streuung.Manche funktionieren,viele eben nicht.

Bei manchen hat sich gezeigt das man öfter Glück haben kann als bei anderen.Der dlux gehört nicht dazu ;)

Ein Kollege hatte es letzte Woche erst wieder.War ein Regler in der 150 Euro Klasse.Bei 12 S war nach wenigen Sekunden weit unter der angegebenen Dauerlast Schluss und der Regler fing an zu takten....

Gruß Jörg

ET76

User
Hi,

hatte ich bei meinem Dlux auch. Gleiche Konfig wie Du. War ein Hitzeproblem. Selbst direkt im Propellerwind hängend war bei 90A nach zwei Minuten Schluss und der Motor fing an zu "pumpen". Ging ich vom Gas und bin etwas gesegelt wurde ging es wieder ein paar Sekunden. Nach dem Landen war der Regler glühend heiss.
Mit einem Fusion Hawk bzw. jetzt einem Graupner 120A hatte ich keine Probleme mehr.

Von den 160A versprochenem Strom setzt der Dlux wohl 100A in Wärme um. Könntest ihn als Tauchsieder verwenden. :D
Oder im Easy Star an 2S betreiben... :D

Gruss
Tobias

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten