Bezugsquelle?: Ruderspaltabdeckband!

Mikko

User
Hello,
I am looking for some kind of stripe to be used to cover aileron ( and maybe wolbklappen) spaces.
The photo shows what's used by LET model and being a good idea I would like to use this system but seems to me impossible to find.

If someone can please give me an advice in what can be used for this task will be very appreciated. chiusura alettoni trsparente.jpg

Mikko

User
Thanks Claus

I were sure to get an help from this forum that is the best e-place for segelflug model in the world.

Hello Mikko,

I fully support Claus' proposal but would like to add the following:
My preferred set up is as follows:
- Ruderspalt-Profilband. But make sure to get the thin one for model gliders (I think it's only 20mm
wide and 0,12mm thick, the thick one is 0,2mm thick and your servos will have a hard time getting any
rudder deflection).
- Spezial-Klebefilm extra dünn (extra thin) to adhere the Ruderspalt-Profilband to the wing. I think the
Spezial-Klebefilm stark is thicker and will generate a higher step at the leading edge of the tapes.
- PVC-Klebeband (19mm wide) to flushen the step at the leading edge of the tapes. 10mm of the width of
this tape are adhered to the wing surface in front of the Ruderspalt-Profilband. The remaining 9mm width
are placed on the Ruderspalt-Profilband itself (this is the transparent tape you can see in your picture).

If applied correctly your glider should then have min. 5 glide points more :)

Regards
Alex

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten