Super Thin Turbulator Stripes for Sailplanes

Hello,

These are the three final versions of my CNC produced thin turbulator stripes… some changes have been made regarding the stripe total length available in each particular set… to better suit the requirements of different size ships.

The material has a “soft” adhesive system and so can be easily and safely repositioned within the first weeks to find the best percentage/chord position for your particular model… all are 0.10 mm thickness but the width and angle varies for each version.

Their total transparency matches every color scheme… they can also be bent quite easily to negotiate curved leading edges and wing tips.

In the flight department a pilot can expect enhanced low speed performance… better climb rate combined with predictable/stable turning abilities… a key factor however is experimentation to find the best chord position as each wing surface/airfoil combo has a different BL flow behavior… a two page instruction manual is provided with each set to aid the pilot for this procedure… it also covers practical application tips.

Quite a number of interesting threads can be followed in internet for those who are not entirely familiar about turbulator usage.

You can see the Turbulator Versions below:

Versions ---Suitable Wing Size--- Stripe Length ---Price
Maxi Turbulators ---3 to 4m ---9 x 0.9m = 8,1m ---35 Euros
Midi Turbulators ---1,5 to 3m ---7 x 0.9m = 6,3m ---30 Euros
Micro Turbulators ---0,8 to 1,5m ---5 x 0.9m = 4,5m ---25 Euros

Wingspans are only given as a guideline and experimentation is essential to find the best results.

I send all my packages Registered in the buyer’s name with Tracking Number and link provided to follow its progress… shipping included in price.
I accept PayPal and i can ship the item in 2 working days, notifying about shipping details.

You can contact me at kazaklisglider@yahoo.gr
P.S. Since i am not familiar with the German language, please contact me in English.

Regards,
Tasos.

Hello Peer,

Unfortunately i am trying all this morning to upload some of my turbulator photos (.jpg) unsuccessfully.
I don’t know why but the attachment manager does not upload them, the banner informs me that it failed!

Maybe anyone can help?

Regards,
Tasos.

Turb 1.jpg

Turb 2.jpg

Turb 3.jpg

Turb 5.jpg

As you cut these on the plotter: Why don't you place the strips immediately adjacent? You could fit at least 2.5 times the length on the raw material used compared to the layout you have today. That would also save you almost half the cutting time.

Hello MarkusN,

First of all thank you for placing the photos…

I know there is a waste of material but I cut the stripes this layout in purpose in order for the material to be easy to handle.

A pilot can cut stripes of 1,5cm width of the carrier paper (turbulators still attached) and use this to place them accurately on the surface of the wing, unrolling the carrier sheet in small lengths as he presses them on the wing.

This is a more practical way than to remove the entire length of the turbulator material from the carrier sheet.

The material length is for the same reason 90cm and no more, so it is easily manageable for application.

I give a two page instructions manual, with full details and other useful tips.

Regards,
Tasos.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for not introduced myself …

My name is Kazaklis Tasos from Greece...

Hopefully by the end of the year i will manufacture micro r/c sailplanes and performance accessories.

For the time being, I work hard in finishing my workshop and improving some delicate machinery and tooling.

My 40 year experience (last six strictly competitive) in designing/improving/flying rc sailplanes led me to research various performance enhancing products
(turbulators, higher degree joiners, tailskids)

…my aim at the time being is to share them with other pilots who seek enhancing their model … the price is just to cover cost/labor/transport etc.

Regards,
Tasos.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten