Mini-Salto (2,6 m - Baudis): Tragflächenprofil?

Hello!
I just got a fuselage of this little Salto and I'd like to re build it.
I need to make a set of wings for it but I can't find any info on which airfoil it is.

I know the Chinese ones use the E 207 but this looks a lot thinner (similar to a RG15) so if somebody knows which airfoil it is I'd appreciate the info.
If not... Anybody knows if RG15 would be a good airfoil for it? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!!
Fernando

Klinge35

User
Salto Tun Thommys Baudis

Salto Tun Thommys Baudis

Hello Fernando,

look under this link:
http://aufwind-magazin.de/redaktion/salto304/index.html

greeting
Tomi

Hello!
I just got a fuselage of this little Salto and I'd like to re build it.
I need to make a set of wings for it but I can't find any info on which airfoil it is.

I know the Chinese ones use the E 207 but this looks a lot thinner (similar to a RG15) so if somebody knows which airfoil it is I'd appreciate the info.
If not... Anybody knows if RG15 would be a good airfoil for it? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!!
Fernando

Hans Rupp

Vereinsmitglied
Hello Fernando,

like refered ist should by a HN-805.

I had a Salto and do to to the very low chord at the tipp, its a bit tricky to fly. In poor conditions, you always had to be aware of a tipp stall. Therefore had the ailerons 1° up.
I assume it would be a good idee, to strak from HN805 at root to something with higher ca-max at tipp. I suggest a HN 979 with 1.5° twist at the tipp.
Another idee would a strak of an SAL, which can handle the higher wingload.

Hans

HansN.

User
Hans, war deine Salto motorisiert?

Hans, war deine Salto motorisiert?

Hans, ich nutze diesen thread um mehr formationen uber motoriserung von Salto zou bekommen.
Ich habe erst nach 6 Jahre meine Salto fertig gebaut.

Momentan Simprop MagicDrive 40-28 mit Maxon Getriebe verbaut.

In 1-2 Wochen kommt der Erstflug.

Mfg Hans
(NL)

Hi,
Thank you all for the info!!!!
I knew this is the best place for any European made glider ( current or discontinued).
I didn't even thought of going through the HN airfoils. I'll look into building with some aerodynamic washout!
Thanks again
Fernando

UweH

User
I had a Salto and do to to the very low chord at the tipp, its a bit tricky to fly. In poor conditions, you always had to be aware of a tipp stall. Therefore had the ailerons 1° up

I have a 2,45 m Baudis Mini Salto from a colleague who had always problems with the behavior at low speeds.
I had the same problems at low speeds and even more problems at turbulent air.
After some minor damage and long ground time as result of the damages I tested turbulators.
I could not decide if the problems came from the V-tail or wing tips, so I sticked Z-tape on both :rolleyes:
After this I had a felt new plane with better controllability and almost well-behaved at stall.

For this Salto it is essential to have an accurate V-tail linkage and to give it always rapid flight speed.

Here are some pictures and Videos with the turbulators and the flights with this.

@HansN: bei der Motorisierung kann ich Dir nicht helfen, ich würde es nie übers Herz bringen einem Salto die Nase abzuschneiden oder ihm einen Antriebsrucksack umzuschnallen oder zu implantieren, aber ich rate Dir dringend auf den Flügelspitzen die Turbulatoren und die Abdeckungen des Leitwerksspalts wie auf den Bildern zu verwenden.

Regards und Grüße,

Uwe.

Klein_IMG_8989.jpg

Klein_IMG_8990.jpg

Klein_IMG_8994.jpg

Klein_IMG_8995.jpg

https://vimeo.com/314610566

https://vimeo.com/308804512

HansN.

User
Uwe, thanks for the foto's and tips about turbulance tape, and covering the tail-gaps.

Fernando, good luck.

Greetings Hans

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten