Poway 2008

Apoligies, ich habe Google verwendet, um diese aus dem Englischen ins Deutsche.

Gibt es welche, die Leser dieses Forums interessieren sich für eine Reise in die USA für ihre IHLGF Wettbewerb auf Poway im 2008

Es wäre gut, wenn eine Gruppe von europäischen Piloten könnte die Reise. Ich denke, wir werden mit mindestens 2 oder 3 UK Piloten Reisen. Es könnte uns eine Gelegenheit, die ein paar weitere Piloten aus den USA zu reisen München für die 2008 German Open.

Richard Swindells

anyone got a rough overview of costs?
like how much is the flight including a box for the planes - transport, hotel/camping...
after some quick research i ended in way more then 1200 euros.

anyone?

greets, Nik

I translated my post back to English using google..... now I do not understand it ;)

I was interested to hear if any of the readers of this site were interested in traveling to the main F3K competition in the USA. The competition is held near San Diego, California on the 7-8th June 2008.

Hopefully there will be at least 2-3 pilots from the UK making the journey and it would be even more exciting if we could have some more pilots from mainland Europe.

Maybe it would help encourage even more of the USA pilots to travel with Phil Barnes to Munich for the 2008 German F3K Open.

The best website I have found for searching the airlines is http://www.de.kayak.com/. I have been told the Best Western Country Inn, Poway. is close to the field, serves a good breakfast and is the most popular with pilots for the competition. Booking early is important.

As the Euro is very strong against the dollar, it makes travelling to the USA attractive.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
delta airlines offers the flights for 720 euros (plus the box for the planes).
so i guess including food, drinks, transport, hotel ~1100 euro are gone for that 4 day weekend ^^

i`m out.

greets, Nik

Flightbase schrieb:
delta airlines offers the flights for 720 euros (plus the box for the planes).
so i guess including food, drinks, transport, hotel ~1100 euro are gone for that 4 day weekend ^^

i`m out.

greets, Nik

I agree, it is not cheap... but imagine how much it costs the guys from the USA to come to Germany.

I also think there are several pilots from mainland europe who could compete for the top spot at Poway, I would like to see that!

It is possible to make a holiday out of the journey, this is exactly what we do every time we visit Germany for a competition... it is now my favorite holiday destination!

i did not say it`s not worth it.
actually i feel sorry, if it sounds like that. i just wanted to mention, that i can`t efford it.

i was several times in the states - and i`d love to go there in `08.

anyhow, i second the idea of visiting us guys - but at least for me it`s out of range.

kinda regards, Nik

Peer

User
[Ironie an:]

Wichtige Fragen zur Einreise:

-Ist der Bush eigentlich 2008 noch Präsident ?
-Muss man sich auf dem Flughafen nackt ausziehen ?
-Ist Furzen schon ein Bombenanschlag ?
-Gilt Mineralwasser aus Deutschland in den USundA als
brennbare Flüssigkeit ?
-Fragen Sie noch, ob man aus West- oder East-Germany
kommt ?

War schon länger nicht mehr drüben, daher bin ich
nicht auf dem laufenden....

Peer

I would prefer to attend an east-coast DLG-competition (maybe the Polecat challenge).
- it´s cheaper
- the field looks much grassier than the badlands of Poway
- less than 8 hours of flight time

If I´m changing to 2,4-GHz-equipment, there is no need
to buy any 72-MHz receiver only for this trip.

Peter

Flightbase schrieb:
ya, east coast sounds way cheaper....

we`ll see. basically i`m interested. but it has to effordable.

greets, Nik

We had some pilots from the UK who went to the east coast "Polecat challenge" last year, who came back with very positive comments. This particular competition is the weekend after Poway, so for the very enthusiastic pilot they could attend both.

My main reasons for aiming for Poway is that I simply want to go to the competition with the most number of international pilots, particularly from countries that I have not flown against before. I do agree the Poway field does look like it has some 'strange' features and no-fly zones.

Richard

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten