Roland Sommer (Rowing)

Hello Busch

I stand to be corrected, but as far as I know, the company Sommer (Rowing) does not exist anymore. What is it that you are after?

Regards

Daniel

busch

User
Hallo Daniel, thanks for your reply. That is what I suspected. I need a pair of störklappe for the LS4 (350mm). The new ones from MPX and Graupner are 370mm. I may have to make those fit.

Hello Busch

I have had a quick scratch around the internet, but have not found 350mm airbrakes, the closest is Thermoflügel with 365mm or 310mm. Uwe Gewalt has 370mm. It would seem as if a little surgery is going to be neccessary, but it shouldn't be too diffucult.

Regards

Daniel

[ 16. Oktober 2004, 17:46: Beitrag editiert von: Daniel Gut ]

Seems to be a rather violent crash! Do you really need a complete pair of airbrakes? Is there no other solution? Why not explain us the problem, probably we can find a way to help you.
Kind regards
Jürgen

busch

User
Thanks for your replies!
The LS4 was not in a crash but someway the one spoiler got broken. The servo activation arm is broken and so is one of the blade holder arms. These are very old spoilers which can not be taken apart. It is nearly impossible to get to the area where the damage is located. The LS4 belongs to a very good friemd who is in the US. I have ordered the MPX 370's and he will make them fit.
I forgot to mention that I read German very well but I am terrible at writing it!

[ 16. Oktober 2004, 21:00: Beitrag editiert von: busch ]

and so is one of the blade holder arms
Bad news! I know about this problem. It's impossible to reach the axle to remove the arm. You have to destroy comletely the arm with a Dremel and a fine mill. Fortunately the new arms can be mounted from top without removing the axle.
Good luck!
Regards
Jürgen (flying this LS4 since 1985!)

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten