A Ninja is born....

oliverz

User
Ninja over 400Km/h

Ninja over 400Km/h

Hi Dekan,

I guess there are not many guys out there who have flown a Ninja over 400Km/h. Personally i never read about someone who did that on a German Speedcup. So it seems that you are entering a new path....

Best regards

Oliver

e-yello

User
Dup,
Welcome to the german Forum!!:)

I am pretty sure your 4020 may be able to handle even more power.
Jakob is using a custom winded Kontronik with almost the same stator size and pushed it to 440Km/H in his Fluxxer flat out until battery is empty.

To be honest, i am not that familiar with this motor- airframesizes and powerlevels.
But as the Nina is more draggy than for example a Fuxxer maybe Erwins advice to use less but bigger cells with higher power(created by bigger Props with more Pitch) may give more thrust for your speed levels.

If you need plugs for something in between 7,1x11 to 7,6x14 Erwin Folders,just pm me!;)

I would set a questionmark at your controller, i have no experience with the HV-CC.!

Regards
Yello

Danke Jungs, ich glaube, die folgenden Vorschläge müssen Tests:

Ein. Bigger mit mehr Platz, größer und weniger Zellen für mehr Spannung (Erwin) stützen.
2. 10 Zellen und das gleiche 6.25x10 prop (dies etwas beunruhigt mich, weil ich denke die Steuerung hervorgehoben werden)
3. Selbst würde Motor für mehr Leistung!

Eine weitere kostenlose Modifikation wäre, die Flügelspitzen und Schwanz zu ändern, weniger Draggy, auch wenn diese mir bekommt 2% Verbesserung dann ist das ein weiteres 7,5 km / h!

Ich habe Vertrauen in die Steuerung, um 9 Zellen und 4.5KW (30500 rpm) nie über 50 ° C haben!

----
OK, I think the google translation was pretty bad there, so here it is in English:

Thanks guys, I think the following tests needs to be done:

1. Bigger prop, more pitch, 8 larger cells for more voltage (Erwin)
2. 10 cells and 6.25x10 prop, I'm a bit worried about this because of the extra strain it may place on the controller though.
3. A self would motor

Note, a free modification would be to make less drag perhaps by changing the wingtips and the tail - a 2% improvement is 7.5km/h faster!

I think the CC HV controller would be fine - with 9S and 4.5KW (30500rpm) is never got above 50°C!

oliverz

User
10s Setup 4020

10s Setup 4020

Hi Dekan,

I used a special 4020 High RPM Setup in Osnabrück at the Championship. All i can say is that with 9s and 7x11 i reached 432Km from one side only. But that power overheated my YGE160HV and the shrink tubing from my SLS Lipo melted. So i tested smaller Props up to 6,4x11. The strain was smaller then, but the speed dropped also. RPM around 29k-30k. Last run at this contest was with 10s Lipo and +32k RPM. Man, what a sound! :D

The blade tip nearly reaches Mach 1. The plane was fast, but i did not manage to get it in the course. So there was no measurement. 2 Weeks later i flew the 10s Setup again on a flight show. After 20s the YGE160HV was dead!

You should also take into consideration how much field rotations your ESC can handle. With an 8 Pole Motor you are at 130k and with 10 Poles approximately at 165k. Not every ESC can handle that.

Best regards

Oliver

So, nach ein paar Änderungen an der Ninja Zelle flog ich gestern mit dem folgenden Setup:

• Re-Wunde Skorpion 4020 (1,5 mm Draht)
  • selbst gemacht 7.4x10.5 Faltpropeller
  • 8S 65C Lipo

Ich habe keine, aber ich aufgezeichnete Geschwindigkeit erreicht 30034 RPM im Flug, kein Tauchen. Ich weiß, die Ninja kann bei 80% der Steigung Geschwindigkeit fliegen so berechne ich 239 Stundenmeilen, vielleicht 10 Stundenmeilen mehr von einem guten Tauchgang.

Also vielen Dank für die Beratung ist die NZ Speedcup in 3 Wochen!

In English, the Google translate is killing me!!!

So, after a few changes to the Ninja airframe I flew yesterday with the following setup:

• Re-wound scorpion 4020 (1.5mm wire)
  • self made 7.4x10.5 folding propeller
  • 8S 65C lipo

I have no recorded speed but I achieved 30034 RPM in flight, no diving. I know the Ninja can fly at 80% of the pitch speed so I calculate 239 mph, maybe 10 mph more from a good dive.

So thanks for the advice, the NZ speedcup is in 3 weeks !

e-yello

User
DUP,
Dont worry, translator works ok, sometimes it sound a bit strange but actually everybody understands the subject you are talking about.

If you dont mind i can transfer the few funny tranlator gremlins into proper german??.;)

Anyway, Ampfest New Zealand seems to grow into a serious and quite interesting speedmeeting, in the groups some people seem to work at some interesting and innovating Projekt pointed at that event.
Would be nice if you keep us in touch!

Maybe its interesting for you:
German Speedcup scene established a new national "budget" class which is mainly based at wooden built racers like the Ninja, but with a wingload limit of 75g/m3 and max battery weight of 28% of the planes all over weight.
Which keeps planes of almost every size in the game!
Motors and props are limited to the ones that are officially listed by commercial sellers.

You may be already one step further with your own props and the AA rewound, but the speed you scored last year with your standard equipment may be comparable ( and presumably competitive ;))

Good luck!
Yello

Für diejenigen die nicht englisch sprechen:

Das Ampfest in Neuseeland wächst offensichtlich zu einem ernsthaften und innovativen Speedwettbewerb heran, einige scheinen da echten Ehrgeiz zu entwickeln.
Ich hab DUP dazu eingeladen hier zu berichten.

Da DUP den Ninja fliegt hab ich ihm noch grob die Grundzüge der neuen Holzklasse aufgerissen.
Auch wenn ich mangels Wettbewerbsteilnahme noch kein akzeptiertes Mitglied der Speederfamilie bin, hoffe ich dass ich damit nicht wieder jemandem auf den Schlips getreten bin.

Yello

gps

User gesperrt
SCHWERPUNKT

SCHWERPUNKT

Hallo ich habe einen gebrauchten gekauft, kann mir jemand verraten wo genau der Schwerpunkt sein muss, leider ist nichts markiert.

gps

User gesperrt
Super, vielen Dank, fliegt ihr eure mit einer Nylon Schraube als Tragflächen Befestigung oder mit einer normalen aus Metall?

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten