Graupner Varioprop CL Pinbelegung

Otti

User
Dear Mehmet,

with respect to the diagrams in Bernd's postings, for my opinion the schematic with 3 resistors and NPN transistor (e.g. BC547, BC337) should work for your application.

Greetings to Istanbul!

Otti

Bernd Langner

Teammitglied
Hello Mehmet

The fourth resistance is a protectet resistor. It does absolutely not have to be incorporated

comp_Inverter.jpg

Greetings Bernd

Dear Otti,

Thank you very much for your reply...

I have seen a CMOS controlled inverter card on internet...There is CD 4049UBE. There are 6 resistors on the inputs of the 4049 and there are 2 capacitors on the card but I don't know the resistors and capacitors values...

May be some friends can make comments for this card...

Best Regards

Mehmet

2.jpg

I think that the diagram should be like this...But we need resistor and capacitor values...

Regards

Mehmet

P.S. : Please look at the post 31 for the revised schematic diagram with condenser values...CD4049 inverter.JPG

Otti

User
Hi Mehmet,

the capacitor are obviously bypass capacitors for stabilization of the IC's supply voltage. Their values are not critical. I would say 2,2µ ...10µF for the tantalum capacitor and 100nF..470nF for the ceramic capacitor.
There are two possible reasons for the resistors at the inputs:
a) limit input current in case of the signal voltage exceeds the supply voltage range. In this case, 1kOhm ... 10 kOhm would be suitable.
b) pull the input voltage to some defined level if the input is not connected, in order to avoid oscillation and reduce supply current. For this application, anything between 10kOhm and 100kOhm would be suitable.
If I would have to design the circuit, I would implement both, i.e. two resistors per input: a 1kOhm serial resistor for IC's input protection, and a 47kOhm pull-up on each input.

Otti

Edit: (cross posting) Ok, obviously, the original resistors are for input protection. Anyway, I would recommend to add pull-up resistors as well, at least for inputs that are not used in your application. Alternatively, you could simply plug "jumpers" on the unused connectors in order to connect signal input with (+).

Bernd Langner

Teammitglied
Hello Mehmet

What can be the resistor and capacitor values ?
The condensers are to the to prevent from troubles on the voltage supply of the IC
The resistances protect the IC Gates
comp_4049.jpg

Regards Bernd

Otti war schneller aber ich habe die Zeichnung :D

Otti

User
Thank you, Bernd, for the drawing! ;)

But when I look at the voltage diagrams (see posting #15), I don't think that this circuit works very reliable, because the "High"-level input voltage is too low for driving standard CMOS-inputs. I would rather recommend to use an IC with TTL level inputs, e.g. 74HCT04, or even better, 74HCT14 (Schmitt-Trigger). But please note that these ICs have another pinout than the 4049!

Greetings,

Otti

Dear Otti,

My electronics brain is very old...;) I have not any practice since 20 years...I forgot so many thing after the university...I did not made my educational work...I'm a press photographer on Getty Images Turkey office and Sipa Press Agency...So I need schema for applications...I know it is not good thing but the life goes sometimes another way...

My father passed away on september 3 rd. I learned everything from him...I have so many antique radio control equipment and I want to make memorial corner in my home...I would like to fly Junior 60 with this radio.(My father was made it 30 years ago)

You can see my old radios in this link :

http://www.modelci.net/mnetforum/viewthread.php?tid=57

Regards

Mehmet

I revised the schema according to our capacitor conversation...

Bernd,

Are these resistors 1 kOhm ?

Otti,

Do you have any idea or schema for the TTL ?

Regards

Mehmet

Varioprop inverter 2.JPG

Otti

User
Hi Mehmet,

the schematic is basically the same, just the pin arrangement of the IC is different: e.g. the 74HCT14 has a 14-pin package, GND is pin 7, (+) is pin 14,
input pin/corresponding output pin numbers:
1/2
3/4
5/6
13/12
11/10
9/8

(it's easy to find that data via google, just search data sheet for "74HCT14".)

Otti

P.S.: nice old stuff you have there, and seems all in excellent condition! Specially the first one reminds me on my old robbe/Futaba 4-channel 27MHz RC, from 1974.

Thank you very much Otti, these are good old days...

I will make the schematic diagram and show yours is it OK...

I drawn transistor used impulseinverter again according to our ideas.

Transistor used impulseinverter.JPG

Otti

User
Yes, this schematic is right. I would choose 1kOhm for the resistors, and again, I would also recommend 47kOhm...100kOhm pull up resistors (i.e. between signal input pins and (+)) in order to avoid floating inputs in case of there is nothing connected.
Keep the connection wires between the IC and 100nF cap as short as possible.

Varioprop servos on modern receiver

Varioprop servos on modern receiver

Hello to everyone,
Since my electronics knowledge is limited I want to ask whether your inverter can also drive old (negative pulse) varioprop servos from a modern receiver.
Regards
Nick

Hallo,
Ist es möglich, einen ESC (für Brushless Motor) an einem alten Varioprop-Empfänger zu verwenden? Weil ich meine Cirrus gerne motorisieren und dabei meine Varioprop-Funkbaugruppe und ihre Linearservos behalten möchte.
Dank im Voraus

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten