UK Fleet Gosport championships

Hi everyone,

Sorry for posting in english again!

I just thought I'd let you know that we've just had part one of the Gosport Multihull championships last saturday with 10 boats competing. I've put a report up on the BMMA wordpress site

We're having part two of the event on the 26th of November and I promise to take more photos this time!

The idea came up of having a big invitational event for multihulls in 2013 as it will be the clubs centenary year. Would any of the German fleet be interested in this?

Cheers,

Mike C
Shinobi GBR90

Hi Mike,

I would be interested for sure (and I will have two additional charter boats by then)! I was thinking of visiting your races already. Where would that be in Gosport? Since 10 years I want to see the HMS Victory so that would be the final reason to actually come.

Cool idea!

Chris

Hi Mike,

look as if you had some fun. We are waiting for more Photos.... :)

In Regards to big European Event...? Yes, I guess there would be some interest. But are you talking really about 2013? That's still a long time ahead. In the Meantime, first Weekend of July 2012 (and most likely as well 2013), we're again holding a big European Event a the Lake Brombach in the vincinity of Nurembrrg. Maybe this time with british participation :confused: ????

For our German only members, a translation of the Post:

Hallo Zusammen,

Entschuldigung das ich hier wieder in englisch Poste.

Ich dachte nur, ich lasse Euch wissen, das wir gerade vorletzten Samstag den ersten Teil unserer Gosport Multihull Meisterschaft hatten.
Wir hatten 10 Boote am Start. Einen Report gibt es auf der BMMA Seite.

Am 26. Novmeber haben wir dann Teil 2 und ich verspreche ein paar Fotos mehr zu machen.

Dabei kam die Idee auf, 2013 ein großes Eurepäische RC-Multihull Event zu veranstalten. Das wäre das Jubiläumsjahr des Vereins.
Wäre da Interesse bei den deutschen RC-Multihullern?

Grüße,

Mike C
Shinobi GBR90

Chris, bekundete Interesse. Da er schon immer mal die HMS Victory besichtigen wolle und hier dann einen Anlass sähe den Plan mal umzusetzen.... Ich hab nochmal nachgehakt ob er wirklich 2013 meinte, denn soweit in die Zukunft zu planen...?

Anyway, Die Victory, bzw, das Marine Museum in Porsmouth ist wirklich ein Highlight... Von Gsoport setzt man mit einer Fähre über und ist schon fast im Marine Museum. Das ist zwar nicht billig wie fast alle Museen in UK, aber wirklich sehenswert. Die Victory und die HMS Warrior sind in einem fantastischen Zustand. Außerdem bietet sich von Gosport aus auch immer ein Besuch in Cowes auf der Isle of Wight an... nach Kiel, Newport und Auckland.... dem Segeler-Mekka. ;) Es gibt also durchaus Potential die Region zu besuchen.

Grüße

Jens

Dear Mike,

several times I was thinking about come to Gosport with the Mini40 but for me from the north of Germany it is about 1100 km so if the events are only one day a weekendend it is to far away. I've been several times in England with the IOM for rankings or nationals (even in Gosport) but these event took 2 or more days so it was worth to drive. With 2 people in a car it cost including ferry and b&b complete about 300-400€ per person. And normally it is worth to spend this money.:)
If already next year an event will take 2 days, about 10 participants and I've got the time I'll take part.

Yes, definitely 2013! It's a long way off but the club are putting on a big effort for their 100th year.

I would imagine it would be a 2 day event. I will have a chat with Mike Dann at the next Gosport event and see if we can get a firmer idea.

Having competed in Travemunde over the summer I know how hard it is to get to events around Europe and that was for a week long event!

skaut

User
Dear Mike
Sorry for my englisch. Egi and skaut will maybe com. Tell us the termin "Viry" is end of oktober.
Kinds regards from vienna
Karl

Schön

Schön

Hallo,

Die günstigste verbindung über den Kanal wäre für mich wahrscheinlich die Fähre von Dünkirchen nach Dover.
Einen Campingplatz gibt es auch in der Nähe (Kingfisher) vielleicht ?

One would have to know exactly where is the place, then we can google ever.

bis die Tage, Rolf

Hi Mike,

100 Years of Club History... That's definitly a reason to celebrate!
The only sad thing... who knows yet what happens until 2013...

But I guess you can expect a couple of German RC-Multihullers.... :)

@Rolf:

Club: http://www.gosportmybc.org.uk/
Örtlichkeit: http://www.bing.com/maps/?lvl=15&wh...0.7917492337379~-1.12173099015389&FORM=MMREDR
Und Kingfisher ist scheinbar der nächste Campingplatz...??? Im, den See umgebenden Walpol Park würde ich es mit nem Zelt nicht versuchen.. ;) Angeblich befindet sich der Club schräg gegenüber der örtlichen Polizeiwache und ist nicht weit weg vom Rathaus... :D

Grüße

Jens

Danke, Jens

Danke, Jens

Das sind schöne Bider bei Bing Maps, (das mit der Vogelperspektive)
Gegenüber Google Maps noch mal einer oben drauf.

bis die Tage,Rolf

Update

Update

Hi everyone!

Back again in english... Round two happened on saturday with plenty of breeze and plenty of pitchpoles!

Report is here and some pictures are here.

Hopefully there will be a few more photos coming through over the next few days when they get sent to me along with the final scores from the two days combined.

Hi everyone!

Back again in english... Round two happened on saturday with plenty of breeze and plenty of pitchpoles!

Report is here and some pictures are here.

Hopefully there will be a few more photos coming through over the next few days when they get sent to me along with the final scores from the two days combined.

Please make the Nationals next year on one weekend saturday and sunday so I'm quite sure I will take part.:)

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten