M-346 von C&C Models

Hi Franz

i'm almost done with m M346 but i'm a bit unsure about CG location ?
what was your setup with the CG?

and another thing could you take a picture of your wheel door installation. front and rear.

Br
Thomas

Hi Franz

i'm almost done with m M346 but i'm a bit unsure about CG location ?
what was your setup with the CG?

and another thing could you take a picture of your wheel door installation. front and rear.

Br
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

our CG is about 200 mm from leading edge.
If you visit the neighbour forum you can see a lot of pictures and some of our wheel door installation. Our front wheel has no door.

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/368700-M346-von-C-amp-C-mit-Schübeler-DS-94-DIA-HST

Kind regards
Michael

Hello all,
Sorry to say my M346 didn't survive it's maiden flight : carbon rod holding the right elevator broke during flight.
Second airframe was provided by manufacturer, but, unfortunately, that also didn't survive it's first flight.
Vertical stabilizer folded during flight due to structural failure of rear carbon tube.
Have decided not to build a third one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1gv4gN1sq4

Kind regards,
Christiaan

airtech-factory

User gesperrt
Interessant das das überhaupt geht. Denke aber der Crash hätte nicht sein müssen, das sah doch ales flugtechnisch noch gut beherschbar aus. Langer gerader Landeanflug und nichts wäre passiert

Model was indeed controllable as long as speed was kept up. Unfortunately in order to land you have to come down and reduce speed, and then I lost the model.
Problem is you only get one chance to try, and it being a new model on its maiden flight......
In hindsight I might have done this or that, but then it's too late.
Regards,
Christiaan

UweHD

User
Sorry for you loss! Must be hard, not just one but two consecutive maiden losses in a row :(

I would also be interested in more details of the airframe flaw, do you have any pictures of the broken tubes?

Some pictures of the broken elevator rod and of the broken rear tube of the vertical fin :

2013-04-24 09.56.45.jpg2013-04-24 10.01.53.jpg2013-07-14 06.54.17.jpg2013-07-17 13.07.24.jpg2013-07-17 13.07.44.jpg

Hope the pics come through all right.......

Regards,
Christiaan

...und sie fliegen doch!

...und sie fliegen doch!

Jeder Absturz tut weh - kann ich aus eigener Erfahrung nur bestätigen - doch deshalb gleich ein gutes Produkt zu verteufeln, entspricht nicht meiner Mentalität.
Nächste Woche werde ich ein Video eines Fluges von Heinz - von heute in Salzburg - ins Forum stellen.
Und die Maschine fliegt problemlos gemessene 250 km/h!!!
Schöne Grüße

Michael

Jörg Schlüter

User gesperrt
Wäre das Produkt gut hätte es gehalten.

Warum hat es nicht gehalten? Möglicherweise hat ein unerfahrener Chinese ein angeritzes Rohr verklebt, oder die Rohrdurchführung nicht entgratet oder einfach aus unerfahrenheit die falschen Rohre verklebt...sollte alles bei einem guten Produkt nicht passieren dürfen...

Leider lässt die Qualität bei C&C derzeit stark nach, zumindest bei den grossen 3m MB 339 die dort vertrieben werden... getreu dem Motto: wenn der Markt angekurbelt ist können wir ja anfangen zu pfuschen... schade eigentlich... war doch der Anfangsgedanke völlig vielversprechend!

Ovzi

User
:confused::confused:

Na dann lassen wir das lieber mit einer Bestellung der großen 339.

@Jörg, wenn Du deine mal verkaufst...

Gruß Günter

Hallo,
I have seen that some M346 indeed do fly around without problems. I have also seen some others crash, apparently with cause unknown.
The best example indeed are the E-versions (of which one also went down, cause unknown), which, I presume have been extensively lightened (for instance no original landing gear).
The model is relatively heavy in "standard' turbine version, 16 Kg dry my both airframes, with lighting as my only option.
When you've put in thousands of euro's and months of work in preparing a (2) model(s), it's a bit frustrating to realize you've been unlucky in the "Chinese Quality Lottery".
Not to mention the possible extra damage to turbine and R/C gear. Not to mention you might be held responsible if your models' crash causes additional damage to other persons.
Regards, Christiaan

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten