-Zulu- der kleine Hangflitzer von Staufenbiel

20150220_222221.jpg
so alles angekommen. ...jetzt wird gebastelt

Hallo, kann man beim Zulu das V-Leitwerk zum Transport mit wenigen Handgriffen abnehmen? Die Fläche ist ja teilbar und somit wärs ein guter Flieger für Wanderungen im Gebierge
Gruss, Wolfgang

GeorgR

Vereinsmitglied
Hallo Wolfgang,

ich habe die Leitwerksservos (D47) in die Leitwerke eingebaut.
In die Rumpfkappe habe ich zwei 1 mm Stahlstifte eingeklebt,
die jeweils in ein Loch der Torsionsstifte der Leitwerke eingeführt
werden und diese fixieren.
Die Kappe wird mit einer M3 Schraube am Rumpf festgeschraubt.

Anhänge

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    167,3 KB · Aufrufe: 79
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137,4 KB · Aufrufe: 70
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    151 KB · Aufrufe: 72
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    147,5 KB · Aufrufe: 45
Ein sehr Intressanter Flieger, meiner befindet sich gerade im Aufbau. Bei mir werden die 2 Servos weit weit nach hinten verlagert um mit dem Schwerpunkt arbeiten zu können. Sie werden am Ende der Tragfläche landen.

Mikko

User
Hello !

I've not find Anleitung for Zulu : are they TOP SECRET ?

OK for CG but what about ailerons-flaps and elevators movements?

If a Zulu's owner can help will be vey appreciated !!

Hello Mikko,

please find Küstenschreck's Settings in some other thread:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/486069-ZULU-Baubericht?p=3586645&viewfull=1#post3586645

I have used those as starting point, and I remember them as pretty good.

Today, I have measured (I think much of the difference is that I measured ailerons from outside):
- aileron 10mm up, 5mm down (measured from outside)
- flap to aileron mix is 7mm up and 3,5mm down (measured from inside)
- snap flap 4mm down on max elevator (measured from inside)
- for rudder i am rather using the maximum throw available at v-tail (+- 20mm measured from inside)
- for elevator i am using +-5mm
- thermalling is flap 5mm down (inside) and aileron 1mm down (outside)
- butterfly is max down for flaps (some 80 degrees), 10mm up for ailerons (outside) and 3-4mm down on elevator

CG at 80mm.

I haven't checked expo / dual rate, but usually I have some 40-50% expo on two switches, one for elevator, one for ailerons (to be used for first flight when I am a little nervous).

With best regards,

Georg

Mikko

User
Thanks a lot Georg !

Now I can settle movements with a solid starting point and not only based on a "sensation" looking to mobile surfaces......

I've put CG approx 70 mm. but I'm sure that the flight is not fluid, next flights I'll move it back.( 2 pieces of 10 grams added, so second flight with 1 piece and them probably nothing)

I start without mixer except for "brakes" ( flaps down and elevator down) them I'll settle snap and a more serious butterfly.
To tell the truth I thought to avoid to have directional......only elevator at V .... it's so small in comparison to what I fly usually .........

For sure dual rate and exponential (via a switch) especially for first flight, just to understand what Zulu wants from my fingers !

After......... ready to experiments to be prepared to the final destruction...........:cry:

Hi Mikko,

today, I have flown the Zulu.

Rudder is recommended - you can do better turns when thermalling
(the Zulu has a comparatively long fuselage and therefore flies rather straight without).

Also, you can do snap rolls using the rudder (tried it today, looks funny :) )

It's not feeling wiggly with a CG of 80mm, though it will go pretty straight during the dive test.

Did a log of the drive system - HET EDF 2W with a 4,2:1 gearbox and a CamCarbon 12x8 prop at 3s 1800.
This is pretty efficient, providing a climb rate of 24m/s :cool: at 500W (overall weight 1250g).

With best regards,

Georg

Mikko

User
HI George

are you also Aussen.... that answered me to 3d Voll gas oder? are you the physic scientist of electro motor??

Zulu was found by an hunter on a slope. I put an announcement here on the forum but nobody claims it, so yesterday I tried to fly but
strange condition in my slope and after first launch ( with landing downhill) I decided to wait better conditions...or small electro motor......
only to go up without speed attitude......
is this your motor option?
http://www.trollmodellbau.de/Typhoon-EDF-2W-Brushless-Motor-450-Watt-K1144

I'm thinking !

after with Dragon and Hacker A30 12L 6,7:1 with 16 sec. motor ( 4 climbs) I flew 49 minutes in very spot thermic, some 20-30 metersin diameter/ spot
to climb, a very useful training and a great fun ! ( no flaps I fly with a Hacker SB70 Bec so I connected max 6 servos and not flaps..) no space to put also a
small RX akku.Flaps are positioned to approx zero and go !

Hello Mikko,

yes, I am the "vollgas" scientist ;) and you found the right motor.

You just have to add a kontronik 4,2:1 gear box + mounting flange to this motor
(I'm using a 4,2:1 from great planes, but this one is not available anymore).

Of course it could also be a 5,2:1 with a slightly bigger prop.

In the log, I was astonished to find that in some climbs the overall efficiency is calculated to be >50% -
which means I can get ~3000 meters of altitude from one 3s 1800 lipo.
I wouldn't have thought that this is possible with the comparatively small prop,
but it seems to have just the right size for the plane weight.

I like the 6 pole inrunners from HET or Mega with one or 2 winds (originally intended to be EDF motors),
because they provide much more power per weight than the 2 poles from Hacker or Kontronik
and are still ~80% efficient under high load.
And the HETs are not expensive, it's only the price for the gearbox.

Of course, better than climbing is soaring ;), but as I am living in the rhine valley, thermal conditions are not always good ...

With best regards,

Georg

Hello Miko,

the polytec drive will work at ~200 Watts and ~10m/s climb rate with probably the same efficiency (if the 17x9 prop fits).

So your choice to climb fast or slow ... with regards to energy consumption I guess that it will be much the same.

With best regards,

Georg

Heisses Teil

Heisses Teil

Hab mir auch ein Zulu zugelegt....
Fliegt aus der Schachtel :)
CG hab ich nach Anleitung .... Finde so fliegt er für mich perfekt.
War echt positiv überrascht ...absolut kein nachtrimmen nötig
Geiles Teil

mark1

User
habe einen Zulu als Seglerversion bekommen, möchte den gern auf Elektro umbauen!

ich habe noch einen Thyphoon 1W30 mit 4400 u/min hier.

Meint ihr es währe möglich den zu nutzen? falls ja mit welchem Prob ginge der? möchte den Flieger gern mit schnellem Setup bauen.

Ich wäre über Eure Meinungen dazu sehr Dankbar

Gruß Markus

Hallo

Ich denke das Setup passt nicht zum Zulu

Du müsstest ein 4,7 x 4,7 auf deinen HET montieren...
Das passt ehner für einen Pylon.

Denke auch der Zulu ist zu schwer für den Antrieb.

Gruss

Habe mal kurz gerechnet....
Dein Antrieb könnte funktionieren...man kan zwar nur mit dem HET 1W35 4000 kV rechnen...
4,7x4,7 wär nicht schlechtimage.jpg

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten