Cobra

Designed by myself and moulded by Voloinpendio.
Will it fly ?

Listener (1).jpg

Ciao Beppe,
you bet it will!
A shape which is no copy of anything - great stuff!
H.
You will find that there will be a lot of questions coming up here...

Beautiful Design!!!!!
Looks awesome...
Hope you will report more about
the build with same data and may
take some video of a flight.

Ps: Good luck for the first flight

Greets
Andy

cgraf

User
Another amazing design from Beppe Ghisleri. Very nice size indeed :-)

Congrats!
Subscribed.

Regards Christoph

Congrats!
Our established wing experts here seem a little speechless looking at your Cobra.
Good to know there are guys like you out there covering the entire range of R/C flying...
H.

Claas

User
Hi,

what a pretty wing!
Could you give some infos for what kind of flying it was designed for - slope soaring/race/thermal
ing?

Is it planned to be sold?

Greatz,
Claas

Buona sera Claas,

you can read it on the italien internet site:

Distributori in germania: "Modellbau Pollack"

The Vipp is a interesting design too.

Best regards and arrivederci

Bernd

Camouflage

Camouflage

Ciao Giammarco,

you will find that purple is one of the best camouflages you can find for an R/C plane. Trust me, I've tried it;)
Nonetheless:
Great Stuff!!!
H.

UweH

User
Our established wing experts here seem a little speechless looking at your Cobra.
Good to know there are guys like you out there covering the entire range of R/C flying...

Hi Beppe, it´s a nice and unusual design, i hope for you it flies well.
I´m no flying wing expert at all, but only a hobby flying wing aerodynamics.
I´m speechless about the flap divison. The Cobra- wing has the design an the back sweep of a less swept plank, but the flap division of a highly swept flying wing.
I wonder if we learn more about the design ideas and flight characteristics oft the Cobra-design with this flap division as we can read from beautiful ground-pictures and flight descriptions like
Maidened yesterday at S.Fermo ( BG ).
Flies fine.

Best luck for the remaining flight testing and prying regards,

Uwe.

Hi Beppe, it´s a nice and unusual design, i hope for you it flies well.
I´m no flying wing expert at all, but only a hobby flying wing aerodynamics.
I´m speechless about the flap divison. The Cobra- wing has the design an the back sweep of a less swept plank, but the flap division of a highly swept flying wing.
I wonder if we learn more about the design ideas and flight characteristics oft the Cobra-design with this flap division as we can read from beautiful ground-pictures and flight descriptions like

Best luck for the remaining flight testing and prying regards,

Uwe.

I have some experience with flying wings, I fly them on slope only, so, starting with the Zagi I went trough own designed PSS models such as X4 and Horten 229, published in Aufwind, I also designed X-wing wich actually is a model published on Flying Models, and SiGh in cooperation with Simone Nosi, an experimental F3F wing.
SiGh was published on RCSD the american in-line magazine.
Cobra was designed a lot of years ago when a leading italian producer asked for something new.It shoud have been a all-around model with no particular goal to reach other than to be pleasing and, hopefully, best selling.
The project was abandoned.
A friend of mine laminated two half wings that looked like to be a carbon treacherous weapon, so they are still there unused.
Last year my friends at Voloinpendio wanted to produce a little plank but when I showed them Cobra they fall in love with it, so moulds were CNC produced and prototype moulded.
So, the idea behind Cobra is almost told: originality, sexy courvaceous lines, all weather model.
Flying wings are tough to land on the slope, so I thought that the flap, placed mostly near CG could be used as butterfly to slow landing approach leaving elevons ( elevator-aileron ) to be completely free to do their work.
Test flight testified the ability of Cobra to fly thermals.......when found.
At launch the model showed to be nose heavy and required a fair amount of up trim, before to have it correctly trimmed it lost height and, as usual in this situation, no thermal was found, so I started flying around at no avail, to make a long story short, I regained launching height and choose to go out again as it looked like that conditions were turned good again.
I was wrong and the Cobra went even lower, I thermalled with little bank and with steep bank and the model flew both great, when I newly reached landing height I put it on the ground.
So I can't say how Cobra flies aerobatic or how fast it goes and if butterfly is working.
Leaving ailerons free from mix I had a mix on internal surfaces that lowers them just 1 degrees and they worked as do flap in a normal model: increased lift and a slight up trim.
More in the future.

UweH

User
P.S.
UweH
enough said about Cobra ?

Thank you very much for the infos Beppe, I´m at vacation and maybe I answer later again.
Thanks for the nice picture and I wish you much fun and good luck with the flight testing ;)

Regards, Uwe

Gast_53593

User gesperrt
Hi
es wäre schön wen die Beiträge für unsere nicht englisch sprechenden / Lesenden User auch ins Deutsch Übersetzt würden ,

und man nicht immer das dan Über einen Übersetzer laufen lassen müsste ,

Norbert

UweH

User
es wäre schön wen die Beiträge für unsere nicht englisch sprechenden / Lesenden User auch ins Deutsch Übersetzt würden ,

und man nicht immer das dan Über einen Übersetzer laufen lassen müsste ,

Ich glaube nicht dass die Verständlichkeit besser wird wenn jemand der nicht Deutsch spricht den Text über seinen Übersetzer laufen lässt und dann hier nur in google-Deutsch postet. Wenn jemand der ein bisschen Englisch spricht das Original über seinen Übersetzer laufen lässt sollte die Verständlichkeit besser sein :rolleyes:

Ich würde mir wünschen dass bei deutscher Übersetzung die englische Version mit gepostet wird.

Beppe, if you want to post in German, please write the text also in English, google - translation is often funny, but even difficult to understand ;)

Gruß,

Uwe.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten