jukeBOX, our latest One Metre trimaran

best.jpgjb g 4.jpgjb a 10.jpgjb a 4.jpgjb a 2.jpg

Saturday saw the launch of our latest variation of the One Metre Box trimaran. We have the same hulls that Gerd Mentges has (or had!) on his One Metre tri, and they are also the same hulls as I used at the Flevo Cup last year. But now the floats have been pushed forward 8cm, and the composite cross beams replaced by simple 14mm carbon tubes, pushing the overall beam of the boat out to 114cm, with the transverse foils taking the boat out to the maximum beam of 122cm. So the foils "footprint" is identical to the 2019 tri, and the foils themselves are unchanged, but the buoyancy of the floats has been pushed forward and outwards to make the boat more stable

We had old rigs on the boat for the first sail, but in the gusty conditions the boat appeared to behave well. A promising first sail. I will be in Australia for at least one more month before returning to the office in Manila (whenever there are flights again and it is safe to get on one!) so should be able to get the boat on the water a few more times in June

[video]facebook.com/ian.holt.750546/videos/pcb.2556181184692837/2556180208026268/?type=3&theater[/video]

Anhang anzeigen 2306879Anhang anzeigen 2306880Anhang anzeigen 2306891Anhang anzeigen 2306893Anhang anzeigen 2306894

Saturday saw the launch of our latest variation of the One Metre Box trimaran. We have the same hulls that Gerd Mentges has (or had!) on his One Metre tri, and they are also the same hulls as I used at the Flevo Cup last year. But now the floats have been pushed forward 8cm, and the composite cross beams replaced by simple 14mm carbon tubes, pushing the overall beam of the boat out to 114cm, with the transverse foils taking the boat out to the maximum beam of 122cm. So the foils "footprint" is identical to the 2019 tri, and the foils themselves are unchanged, but the buoyancy of the floats has been pushed forward and outwards to make the boat more stable

We had old rigs on the boat for the first sail, but in the gusty conditions the boat appeared to behave well. A promising first sail. I will be in Australia for at least one more month before returning to the office in Manila (whenever there are flights again and it is safe to get on one!) so should be able to get the boat on the water a few more times in June

[video]facebook.com/ian.holt.750546/videos/pcb.2556181184692837/2556180208026268/?type=3&theater[/video]

Here is another video of the boat sailing on the Swan River on Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6x...K_D7MsAK-6a-9YtX9Zgwu2cEnUQxXCCB0O-EjkrGGJQ3Y

Once 2005 I was at the Worlds of the IOM on the east coast at Mooloolaba. Very nice. But about a flight of about 18 hours. Once and never again.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten