Das Feld "Wirbelzahl" in Ranis Software

Edu_74

User
Ich werde eine CO5 und ich haben alle Daten in dieser Software. Ich überrascht, als CG Lage (im Plan) war es nicht die 8% der stabilitätsmass.

Wenn ich den Wert von "Wirbelzahl" bis 7, bekomme ich 7,7%, mit 15 ->3,71%, 31 ->1,73%, 63 ->1,83% und 127 ->1,5%

Natürlich Ca, Speed, ... zu ändern.

Wie kann ich richtig mit diesem Wert?

bekümmert. Dieser Text wurde übersetzt von Englisch. :cry:

http://www.glide.net.au/flyingwing/co5.htm

Please post also the English original. Machine translations can be ... troublesome.

I'd assume that the calculations with higher resolutions of the vortex lattice are more reliable, i.e. those with the higher number for Wirbelzahl (number of vortices) are more precise.

Also, the general rule of thumb of 8 to 16% stability seems to be not so set in stone for (swept) wings. The designer of the CO series is also a guy of fast reflexes who loves a speedy bird, so it is to be expected that he flew with little stability.

If you design a swept wing with lots of safety margin (large stability), chances are that you'll end up with lots of high trim on the flaperons and less than ideal lift distribution. That's the crux with wings: What you can correct with a littel elevator trim on a standard plane with little drag penalty has much heavier consequences on your whole design on a wing.

Edu_74

User
In english:

I´m going to build a CO5. I entered all data in Ranis software and I saw the CG (in the plan) was not 8% of static margin. If I do the calculation in graphic mode, then it´s correct.

Whis Ranis software if I set the value of "Wirbelzahl" in 7, I get 7,7%, with 15-> 3,71%, 31-> 1,73%, 63->1,83% and with 127->1,5%

Of course Lift coef, angle of attack and speed, change too.

how can I use this correctly?

Danke

Chrima

User
Hi Edu

As Markus wrote, set the "Wirbelzahl" as high as possible !

Might be worth to show us your flz-file, so we could check it ! You can attach it when you put ".pdf" at the end.

Edu_74

User
Danke

Anhänge

• CO5.flg.pdf
    14,5 KB · Aufrufe: 89
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    108,4 KB · Aufrufe: 43
  • 127.JPG
    127.JPG
    107,7 KB · Aufrufe: 47

Chrima

User
That looks good to me.

Maybe Frank will explain, why he put the possibilitie of different "Wirbelzahl" ?! Probably it was to save time when calculating with older computers ?

Anyhow H.-J. Unverferth proposes 241mm for the cg, so the result of "nurflügel" with 235mm looks good to me for 1st flight.

Much more important; check your geometrie, when you have finished your wing ! Do you have the 18° of back sweep or is it 17 or 19° ? That would change cg for more than 5mm. (!)

Anhänge

• CO5Ra.jpg
    CO5Ra.jpg
    38,7 KB · Aufrufe: 40

Edu_74

User
Ich verstehe, Aufzug, Geschwindigkeit, Winkel, Schwerpunkt, und die Stabilität. Ich habe konzipiert und flyed einige Modelle.

Lassen Sie mich das erklären:

Unverferth schlägt vor, 241mm, die sich auf 8%, whith diesem und -1,2 º Reinfall das Flugzeug fliegt schnell und benötigt für Trimm Thermik.

Wenn ich mit 7 in Ranis alles ist richtig, aber wenn ich 127 (mehr accurated Berechnung), dann ist die Stabilität jetzt 1,5%, CA 0.9, Anstellwinkel 10,3 º, und die Geschwindigkeit ist 6,58 m / s (ist es notwendig, trim mit dieser Geschwindigkeit? oder wie manche sagen, mit -2 º der Auswaschung)

Vielleicht ist diese Zahl hat eine realation mit der Anzahl der Platten in die Flügel gebaut, in diesem Fall 2 pro halbe Flügel, in der gegenüberliegenden Seite wäre es eine halbe Flügel mit viel Rippen (zB 30)

------------------------

I understand lift, speed, angle, center of gravity, and stability. I have designed and flyed some models.

Let me explain:

Unverferth proposes 241mm which is 8%, whith this and -1.2º of washout the plane flies fast, and needs trim up for thermals.

If I use 7 in Ranis all is correct, but if I use 127 (more accurated calculation) then stability now is 1.5%, CA 0.9, angle of attack 10,3º, and speed is 6,58m/s (is it necessary to trim up with this speed? or as some people say using -2º of washout)

Perhaps this number has a realation with the number of panels in the built wing, in this case 2 per half wing, in the opposite side it would be a half wing with a lot of ribs (for example 30)

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten