Mini 40s in New Zealand

Hello - I am just posting here for your interest some videos from an event we organized in New Zealand last year (South Island). Only 5 boats but the racing was good and we learned a lot.
Bingo (34) - my new design, built by Dave Creed in UK
fuseBox (27) - my previous boat, now owned by a Kiwi, built by Dave Burke in Australia
Cat (82) - designed and built by Paul Goddard (New Zealand)
white tri (93) - built by Dave Burke, originally owned by Paul Goddard, then bought by Bruce Edgar, and then sold back to Paul Goddard after the event!
tri (29) from rcsails.com. Think it is a firedragon

75 races held over 4 days. Usually light winds in the morning, and foiling conditions in the afternoon. All 5 boats were foilers, #82 was the heaviest and performed the best in strong winds in the late afternoon, #34 and #93 were the lightest and dominated the morning races.

Great, this Wind direction I want have in Germany. 5 Mini40 in this Regatta. .l´ve already saw the Mini40 on this lake. Is this the normal Wind direction as we saw it on this Video?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Great, this Wind direction I want have in Germany. 5 Mini40 in this Regatta. .l´ve already saw the Mini40 on this lake. Is this the normal Wind direction as we saw it on this Video?
Hi Michael - this was the first time I have sailed at the lake but I understand that on the 4th day (second video) the wind was from the normal direction. Are you still development ideas on your catamaran? I tried to email you but I got an error message against your email address. Do you have a new email account now? I am still at iholtkss@gmail.com This weekend I experimented with foils further back on the boat to give me lee helm so that the windward foil willgrip in the water and hold the boat flat. Seemed to work. Best wishes

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten