JETCAT P60 kero_start issue

marko1

User
Hello,

I would like to ask JETCAT owner how can I eliminate the problems with start/ignition.
This is my first JETCAT engine so is quite new issue to me.
The issue is that engine dont start at all. Note on GSU - low temp, and a lot of fuel/kero throug the engine exhaust. After 3 th. attempt to start, the lipo 2s 3300mAh show low voltage/empty.
Wiring is corect as well as tubing for fuel and kero start. Start sequence try at least 30 -40 seconds than stop.
Any tips here, please.

Best regards, Frank

Double check the tubing and wireing for start and fuel valve..... it sounds like reversed connection of tubing or cable!!
The heater needs a lot of current in starting phase!
I changed the ECU to xicoy, so i cant say anything about the parameters of JetCat ECU

Hi Frank,
are you sure that the external heater (glow plug) is working ?
Take it off the system and test it for a very short (!!!) moment with a 2 or 3-cell Lipo....but really very short.
Regards Otto

marko1

User
Hello,

I double check tubing, wire connection, priming the tubes and everything correct plug.
I check the kerostart with 2S LIPO for less then second. do not want to burn, only light smoke.
I try also new start sequence and hold the kero start, only little warm, not hot.
I believe that problem came from kero start ignition, all other sequence as it should be.

Now I am wondering if could be set up or higher up voltage for kero start or it is simplay die and need to replace with new one.

Thank you for reply,

BR Frank

Kero Start P-60

Kero Start P-60

Hy, did you change the Parameter in the ECU for Kero-start ? The original Jet Cat Kerostart did work with 6V, maybe the parameter is on Glow Plug 2V
Greetings Jürgen

I check the kerostart with 2S LIPO for less then second. do not want to burn, only light smoke.

Hi Frank,
check what Jürgen commented...then check plug again and contact the external Lipo a little bit longer...since you see the plug burning red.
If it dosn`t work, I`m sure your heater ist damaged.
You have to buy a new one.
Regards Otto

As iremember the ECU will give an Alarm, iv the current for the heater is to low?!
But yes, "Standard" setting is Gas-Start, so the heater is a glow plug.... make sure, that setting is Kero-Start in the ECU!!
And you can test the burner longer.... it does not break... i tmust glow red-white

marko1

User
Hello,

Thank you guys for yours help.

Unfortunatly turbine do not want to start at all.

Kerostarter tested liter bit longer than 1 second and kero head start to burning properly - OK
Setings kero start , not glow - OK
Wiring doble checked - OK
Tubbing doble checked - OK
priming the turbine - OK
LIPO 2S checked - OK
Reset to factory setings, done - OK
recalibrate all parameters, done - OK

I notice since last try to start next parameters:
runing start rpm ~17000rpm
running start sequence on constant rpm during all 30-40seconds
since last try, starter do not want to turn anymore - low rpm

I am not rookie in turbine techology, I poses Behotec, G-Booster, IQ HAMMER and so far all engine work flawlwss.
This engine is second hand turbine and first JetCat. It seems to want back in Germany :) - service.

Thank you guys for help and tips, I Will came back after this issue.

BR Frank

MarkusD

User
Hi,

since this is a second hand turbine ...... Can you try to pump fuel through the pump in a loop to clean the pump ? I know that issue from my PHT2 (runs on ECU V6) and it's always the pump which doesn't work properly when it is not used for a while. I guess it still a brushed pump ? So that may make sense.....my 2 cents - hope you crack the issue with the help of all the users here !

marko1

User
Turbine successfully started, works superb.
Turbine was returned from service, there was no description what was wrong.
After reinstall the engine everything was ready to start, and again with no result - low temp !!!!!!
Then figured me out, change the cables with original one, communication and power one. Turbine fired it up immediately.
I take the voltmeter and check one on one cabeling, first communication then power one.
I made a mistake when I soldering cables to MPX pins, plus cannot be mistake, but other one, I suppose one is for kero start and second is for starter motor. Why I go to original cabling was because, I send it with engine and asked if they can checked it if caqbeling was OK. Obviously was, because no note was written.
Mybe it is a little imbareously that I made such a mistake, but I bet, that there is somebody who could do the same mistake and hope that this could help to prevent such a think.

Anhänge

• Cabeling_1.png
    Cabeling_1.png
    1,1 MB · Aufrufe: 241
  • Cabeling_2.png
    Cabeling_2.png
    1,4 MB · Aufrufe: 247
Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten