StingRay 3,5 m

A friend of mine is thinking to have a small production for this larger version.

IMG_1984.JPG

IMG_3530.JPG

IMG_3605.JPG

IMG_4314.JPG

IMG_4326.JPG

Robinhood

Vereinsmitglied
Piero hat mir zur Modellbeschreibung unter anderem folgendes gemailt:

"Big efforts have been done both on CFD and FEM analysis to optimize performances and structure."

"Wing, fuselage, elevators and rudder are all carbon sandwich laminated by infusion technology (SCRIM) with epoxy resin,..."

Ich kann mit den englischen Fachbegriffen bzw. Abkürzungen CFD, FEM, SCRIM leider nichts anfangen. Was bedeutet das auf Deutsch?

Piero hat mir zur Modellbeschreibung unter anderem folgendes gemailt:

"Big efforts have been done both on CFD and FEM analysis to optimize performances and structure."

"Wing, fuselage, elevators and rudder are all carbon sandwich laminated by infusion technology (SCRIM) with epoxy resin,..."

Ich kann mit den englischen Fachbegriffen bzw. Abkürzungen CFD, FEM, SCRIM leider nichts anfangen. Was bedeutet das auf Deutsch?

FEM / CFD = (Computerunterstütze) theoretische Modellrechnung zur Berechnung und Auslegung von Statik und Strömungen (in diesem Fall Aerodynamik). Konkret heisst das, dass nicht auf "gut-glück" bzw Erfahrungswerten gebaut wurde, sondern am Computer berechnet :-)

SCRIM musste ich auch googlen - beschreibt eigentlich nur einen porösen Gewebestoff der eben das Epoxy aufnehmen kann - was für Laminate eigentlich logisch ist...

"Infusion technology" ist da eigentlich interessanter - also nicht nass laminiert wird sondern mit Vakuumtechnik abgesaugt was leichter bei gleicher festigkeit ist weil es weniger epoxy braucht.

Robinhood

Vereinsmitglied
"Infusion technology" ist da eigentlich interessanter - also nicht nass laminiert wird sondern mit Vakuumtechnik abgesaugt was leichter bei gleicher festigkeit ist weil es weniger epoxy braucht.

Was mit dem Photo, auf dem die Formen mit den roten Vakuumsäcken (?) zu sehen sind, Sinn ergibt. ;)

Scrim scheint eine Form von harzinfusion zu meinen (RIM= resin injection moulding) müsste aber eher rtm meinen (resin transfer moulding). Egal wie, die Bilder deuten auf vakuuminfusion mit Sandwich hin

Robinhood

Vereinsmitglied
Für mich sieht das eh' aus wie eine Blutbank für Aliens.

hallo! I'm Piero, the one who builds the 3,5 m Stingray.
it was hard because of the German language but ad the end I was able to meet you in this forum.
I've seen some questions, I will try to answer:
Infusion/scrim: in a infusion process the dry fibre is laid in the mould together with the sandwich core and (almost) all the reinforcements an then the resin is transferred (infused) from a pot to the mould.
There are many ways to realize an infusion:
RTM (resin transfer mould) requires a rigid counter-mould and the resin is high pressure injected using a pump ( you can easily understand the need for a rigid counter-mould).
RTM light requires a semi rigid counter-mould and the resin is injected at room pressure.
SCRIM (really I don't know the meaning of this word) needs the most common plastic bag used for the vacuum process and the resin is injected by the room pressure.
Obviously there are many other differences among those process, each one needs it's one special layup and different way to seal the counter-mould are required, also the results are completely different.
Main reason to use infusion process is the fact that it is possible to inject about the exact amount of resin you need, the result (strength and weight) is always the same and the job is a “clean” job.

About CFD (computer fluid dynamic) and FEM (finite element analysys):
Although I was sure Beppe Ghisleri did a great job, I wanted to compare his job the theoretichal results using XFLR software (type xflr on google if you want to know more). No need to say Beppe was right. I also had the opportunity to find the best pivot axle for the full moving elevator and other less important results.
On the other side a lot of job have been done to get the best strength-rigidity vs. lightness: as you can see on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj94gm5ZeWAsjfFXLDB5bJg I broke many wings measuring force vs deformation, in this way I collected a lot of data and I was able to write a spreadsheet to calculate the best layup for the wing.

Fox12

User
Stingray von Piero

Stingray von Piero

Für mein neues Projekt komme ich immer wieder auf diesen Post zurück .... am liebsten würde ich ja einen WAM nehmen , aber 10 cm mehr rechts und links ist ja auch nicht verkehrt ....

.... hat jemand diesen Stingray ....wie ist die Qualität , Festigkeit .... kann irgendjemand etwas "Licht" hier reinbringen ....

Bin für jede Info dankbar und will eigentlich nicht ohne jede Info blind bestellen . Ich mach mir Gedanken , weil man überhaupt nicht von dem Stingray sieht oder hört ... außer 2 youtube videos und der Bericht hier ....

Gruß Jürgen

Fox12

User
@ Heim62
WAM Stingray ... gebrauchte gibt´s immer mal wieder in der Börse .... laut Gerüchteküche werden ja gerade neue Formen gebaut ... ob da allerdings was dran ist .... ???? ....

@ Wolfram
ja ... habe den auch schon angeschaut .... sieht gut aus rc-flight X-Ray ....
..... auch der 3,9 m Stingray von Bacinsky (Panaviatornado) ist eine Option ........

.... der Ceflix Kobuz 3 von Carf ist ebenfalls im Rennen .... allerdings etwa groß die Kiste ...

.... hätte halt gerne Info´s speziell zu dem 3.5 Stingray von Piero Brusselo .

Gruß Jürgen

as far as I can understand using google translator on this forum and reading some email I received today, it seems there is some people interested on my stingray. I will be happy to share all details by email. please send your requests to info@modelleriabrussolo.com. please use english language.
thank you.
Piero

schosl

User
Stingray 3.5

Stingray 3.5

Hello Piero,

a lot of people would appreciate any infos and details to your stingray here in the RCN. Please share it to everybody.

Thanks a lot from a Stingray fan!

Georg

Fox12

User
Hello Piero,

Let's write here, think that interested a lot of people.
Maybe , you can also take the Google translator if you are not 100% familiar with English

I'm interested in details ... End edge , Profile , Fixability
(How much G did you calculate the wings ) ... if you say indestructible in the air , I will take you at the word
Price
Delivery
weight
Accessories ,Servo and Pictures of details ...
.... and much more ...

Greeting Jürgen

Hello Piero,

Let's write here, think that interested a lot of people.
Maybe , you can also take the Google translator if you are not 100% familiar with English

I'm interested in details ... End edge , Profile , Fixability
(How much G did you calculate the wings ) ... if you say indestructible in the air , I will take you at the word
Price
Delivery
weight
Accessories ,Servo and Pictures of details ...
.... and much more ...

Greeting Jürgen
english is not a problem, the problem is I don't know where to clik to send a message, where to veryfy a reply (to a private msg) have been sent, where to read my replys, how to attach a picture and so on, how to post a msg without reply to a somebodyelse one... also I can't understand why I do not get any email when new messages on this thread, anyway I will do my best to share some info in the next days. springtime is coming and aeromodellers begins to look to the next plane:)

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten