Carf Rebel Hot viel zu Schwer!

Hello Raoul

Thanks for let me know, i'm not alone!

Yes i'm in the same position as you, for me is not worth to buy a pair of wings, spend 1000€ more and have no security to get a good pair of ones....

There is no guarantee that i will get a correct set and kit plane will cost me almost 3000€ once you add shipping for a empty kit.

I still think on what to do, maybe is better to put it in the basement, forget about it and buy a new one from another brand. Its a expensive way to learn a lesson

Regards
Jose

Almost ready to maiden mine with a x45 and wanted to ask about the throws, i found those and wanted to know if are valid as the ones on carf pdf looked too much aggressive.

I understand those are measured at surfaces (elevator, aileron, flap) root.

Someone knows if are more or less valid for a maiden?
Deflections /
Elevator: "nose up" / "rudder": 12 mm
Elevator: "nose down" / "deep groove": 9 mm
(Elevator has a slight "nose up" / "height" in neutral, maybe 1 mm)

Aileron (differential): Up 9 mm / down 6 mm
Rudder: max deflection

Flaps, take off: 23 mm
Flaps, landing: 68 mm
- --- Crow @ landing flaps: 8 mm
---- Elevator @ landing flaps ("nose down" / "dykror") 4 mm

CG at 187 mm (from front leading edge) gear down, 25% fuel

Also i read people seems to shim up to 10mm nose retract, to give a more positive angle of attack on ground, its this really need?

Regards,
Jose

Almost ready to maiden mine with a x45 and wanted to ask about the throws, i found those and wanted to know if are valid as the ones on carf pdf looked too much aggressive.

I understand those are measured at surfaces (elevator, aileron, flap) root.

Someone knows if are more or less valid for a maiden?

Also i read people seems to shim up to 10mm nose retract, to give a more positive angle of attack on ground, its this really need?

Regards,
Jose
Yep it is oke.
I have nothing done with the retract i am using jp

Thank you so much, yes i have the jp retract set.

Can you confirm if those deflections measured at surface roots?

Movements Elevator and Aileron are easier measured at tip of surface.

Aileron 8mm up 9mm down gives a moderate roll rate
Elevator 10mm up and down.

Rudder max you can get…
Flaps measured at root of surface Take off 22mm. 0.5mm down elevator mixed in. Landing 82mm with 2mm down mixed in.
Do what Dave says you have enough response.
I am fly with x90 at 7kg

Hallo,
ich habe mal ein paar fragen, ich habe meinen Rebel Hot letzte Woche das erste mal geflogen.
Kurz zur ausstattung:

55er G4 Kingtech
Org. Tank
Intairco Hopper (klein)
McGregor Servos
JP Fahrwerk mit Xicoy Kontroller
PowerBox X12 mit 2x PBR26D
2S 2600mAh Li-Ion für RX
LiFePo 2100mAh 3S
2S 1000er für EZFW

Ich habe den Flieger gebraucht gekauft, alles so übernommen (zwar einmal neu aufgebaut) aber trotzdem den CG anhand meiner vorliegenden Informationen gemessen, dass passte auch soweit. (Habe alle Akku in der Nase) Elektronik Zentral über dem Tank.
Abgesehen davon dass das Triebwerk in der Startphase abgestellt hat, stimmte der CG nicht, der Rebel war viel zu Kopflastig.

Nun wüsste ich gerne, wo / wie ich beim Rebel den CG ermittle?! Mir wurde gesagt, ohne Haube, am spant hinter dem Steckungsrohr, habe ich auch so gemacht, flieger hing neutral, musste in der Luft für einen gradeausflug aber kräftig ziehen. Leider ist bei der Langung das Bugrad beschädigt worden, aufgrund der schwerpunkt Probleme.
Der Absteller ist bis Dato ebenfalls ungeklärt, keine Luft im System, keine Fehler im Datalog, Triebwerk startete ganz normal wieder, lief am Boden in allen Lagen perfekt, keine Anzeichen von Luft im System. Alle Schläuche sind neu, alle PUN Leitungen habe ich mit einem Messerschneider von FESTO geschnitten.

Hi, also ich habe meine Rebel Hot immer auf den Rädern ausgewogen mit Haube und Hopper gefüllt. Der CG lang immer hintere Kante Steckungsrohr. Damit waren sie immer neutral. Ich musste noch Niederwassern trimmen.
Gruss
Peter

Tegen het gras
20230510_200115 (1).jpg
20230510_210423.jpg

So Maiden war diesmal erfolgreicher, habe meinen CG jetzt auf Hinterkante Steckung gemessen, damit deutet er beim Messen Hecklastig an, ist dennoch Kopflastig im Flug... habe schon etwas Höhe trimmen müssen. Ich setze jetzt den Turbinen Akku nochmal weiter zurück und dann Teste ich nochmal.
Aber ansonst fliegt der Rebel super.
Er bekommt nun nochmal ein Triebwerksupdate K65G4+ sollte die Tage ankommen. Trotzdem Reicht die 55er eigentlich völlig aus! Aber diese wird für einen Segler benötigt:)

I did some flights on mine, fly nice, im still bringing back CG as i need to give up trim, it has a tendency to lower nose on turns that maybe comes from the CG. But it fly very nice, i like it, i will begin moving it back.

I would like to ask, how people adjust JP brakes to make this thing stops more or less straight, on mine one wheel brakes much more that the other and that makes plane to don't go straight..... I cleaned them and polished the disk of the most "strong one" but don't help. On rcuniverse i have been told to play with shims however in mine i can only see one shim.... others say to remove magnets, but don't sound good to me...

What people usually do?
rebel.jpeg

dr.tom

User
Hast du dir Assan-Bremskreisel angesehen? AG63 Assan.

Ich habe es auf 100N MB339 und 45N Freewings,
funktioniert wirklich super, es gibt auch ein Demo-Video online,
ich werde es hier verlinken, vielleicht überzeugt dich das.

Es bremst links und rechts unabhängig voneinander, nicht wie der serienmäßige JP-Controller.

Wenn Sie die Magnete entfernen, können Sie die Bremsstufe feiner einstellen, nicht nur EIN/AUS.

Wenn Sie das aber nicht möchten, versuchen Sie vielleicht, vor der Landung 100 % zu aktivieren, und reduzieren Sie sie dann auf den gewünschten Wert.
Auf diese Weise werden beide sogar auf dem JP-Controller ziemlich simmetrisch aktiviert.
Da Magnete die Bremsbeläge von der Scheibe fernhalten und um die Kraft der Magnete zu überwinden, muss viel Kraft zugeführt werden.
Wenn die Magnete dann loslassen, ist die Kraft zu groß für sanftes Bremsen,

und wenn man niedrig anfängt, überwindet eine Seite die Magnete überhaupt nicht und bremst überhaupt nicht...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
No i didn't look at a gyro for brake.... will look on that one.

Sorry i didn't mentioned but i have a xicoy basic controller so they are "progresive", but problem is that they are absolutely not compensated so as soon you began to brake it began to rotate.... not good.

Thanks

Tom, do you have this one?

Post the video if you find it please, i didn’t find one of the device working, only setup and seems to be another model with wires instead connectors
IMG_0378.jpeg

Its not a expensive device and if works half better than video showed i will be happy!!

If both work great, i will prefer the metal one as no wires, will search to see if i can buy it inside eu.

I will search those topics on the forum.

Thank you!

I would like to ask, how people adjust JP brakes to make this thing stops more or less straight, on mine one wheel brakes much more that the other and that makes plane to don't go straight..... I cleaned them and polished the disk of the most "strong one" but don't help. On rcuniverse i have been told to play with shims however in mine i can only see one shim.... others say to remove magnets, but don't sound good to me...

What people usually do?
Hi Jose, did you check the JP controller manual?
Reducing the throws on the brake channel, reduces the brake force: - is for one side, + for the other.
So you could try -80/+100 or -100/+80.... and play around ;-)

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten