Graupner Cirrus 75

I inherited a Graupner Cirrus 75. The Manual is dated 5/79. The model has never been finished and thus never flown. It has foam sheeted wings with ailerons and optional spoilers. Wing Span 2.830m. The fuselage is Epoxy/Fiberglass. Original decals uncut and not applied. Canopy in excellent condition except for goofy clown as pilot. the kit is missing a few parts and I have a few questions. I have the manual in German, but not the sheeted drawings which might help as my German est night so gut!

How are the wings retained, there is a key hole slot cut in the wing root but with the spoiler mechanism installed in the fuselage you would be hard pressed to get you fingers in there. Explosion view shows part numbers 29,30, and 31.

Another item is the Tail plane Rocker with Hex Nut is missing. This is a plastic piece that attaches the all flying tail to the vertical stabilizer. Part 12 in Explosion Drawing, I'd also need parts 10,11,13,14,45,46 to attach to vertical stabilizer.

If I had these parts I could finish the model and get her into the air. My problem there is no-one in my Club that does Aero-Tow and I probably could do a High-Start. On the Graupner Box for Cirrus it says suitable for Electric Power. Has anyone done this? I have combed through the related posts on this site and one thing that concerns me is that some have said the Fuselage over the years have become very brittle and are prone to break. I would hate to put in all the work to finish the model only to have the fuselage break. Perhaps I should give up on this idea to get more modern sailplane.

Failing to get a response on the availability of the parts needed, would anyone be interested in this model.

Thank you,
Edward C Monoski
Sebastian, FLUSA
ecmonoski@gmail.com

It has foam sheeted wings with ailerons and optional spoilers. Wing Span 2.830m.
Eh? The (latter) styro wing was explicitly w/o ailerons. (Read from the catalogue.)

The fuselage is Epoxy/Fiberglass.
[...]
I have combed through the related posts on this site and one thing that concerns me is that some have said the Fuselage over the years have become very brittle and are prone to break.
You may be conflating the Cirrus (built in 69) with the Cirrus 75. The older one has a three-part fuselage made of ABS, that's the brittle one. 'Cause of age, of the sun, or even of evil spirits ... An epoxy fuselage is problem-free.

On the Graupner Box for Cirrus it says suitable for Electric Power.
Hm .. The first cardboard with wodden wings:

BK_Cirrus_75_Holzfluegel_k.jpg

The "MK II" with foam wings:

Cirrus_75_Karton_Styrofluegel_k.jpg

At that time Hans Graupner considered all engines more powerful (and more expensive) than Mabuchi to be harmful ;-) You see the puny crappy .10 OS in the motor attachment? Maybe it's a .15 as well, because a weight of 1600g is given.

Has anyone done this?
I think this question is better answered in this monster thread.

LG
Patrick, volledig on-Engels, maar Deepls ;-)

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten