korrektes Timing für Dualsky GA8000.8

k_Pade

User
I haven't testet it yet😱 so I am very hopeful.

Yes, I got a replacement from the dealer, but I did also report back to them the day I received the esc at reported that I forund it to have a strange behaviour.

Alexzzz

User
Hi

I have had a HW200 on a GA.8000 160 kv and 12s, that cut off completely when I taxied to the runway. If I quickly changed from 10 to 25% on the throttle stick, the esc cut off and I needed to power off and on again. I did not feel that change of timing gave any effect or change, but the motor got warm. I use the PT-Models 26x15E prop.

I ended up having the esc replaced on guarantee and I am getting the setup finished for this weekend, a Krill Sukhoi 33%.
Exactly like mine. Now with the YGE205HVT on auto timing, all is fine.

Flyrian

User
Sometimes it's weird with ESCs.
The ESC is confirmed working with the GA8000, but some users seem to have problems with it.

I have a similar problem with the BEC of a Scorpion Tribunus 130A.
It's working on one plan and on the other it quits the job immediately. Of course manufacturers blame everything else but their ESC, but let's see, if this issue is solved by a replacement ESC.

k_Pade

User
I actually started using the motor with a Scorpion Tribunus 200 - that worked very good with no heat build-up in either esc or motor. One day the esc just stopped working...no drama, no smoke, just turned into an aluminium brick. If the Hobbywing esc does not work, then I will change to either YGE or Scorpion.

We do agree that the regulation frequency (PWM) is not an option to adjustin the HW200, correct?

Flyrian

User
I've nearly never adjusted the PWM and I don't think, that it will have a huge impact.

Timing is very important with HW ESCs.
I set it up to 25 degrees of timing, which is the minimum on motors with 24 or 28 poles.

I set once a HW 130 to 18 degrees and the ESC stopped working due to timing issues.

I've nearly never adjusted the PWM and I don't think, that it will have a huge impact.

Timing is very important with HW ESCs.
I set it up to 25 degrees of timing, which is the minimum on motors with 24 or 28 poles.

Hi,

the Timing depends not only on the number of poles, it depends on the rotational speed of the electric field (shaft rpm times poles/2),
winding R and L (not known), and the motor load (proportional to current). Turning on the voltage on the winding,
it needs time to reach the max. current (U/R) depending on the Time Constant L/R. To compensate the timing responce of the
winding and the resulting magnet field in the winding, an advance timing must be used to reach the max. torque of the motor.
If the timing is set too high, the direction of the magnet filed in the winding could be in the opposite direction of the rotating magnet
field of the rotor. As a result the motor stutters, it is like a backfire ignition on an IC engine.

Using a low timing is normaly not critical, you will have less power. Seting the timing too high you can damage your motor due short
torque ripples in the opposite direction and too high currents. Also the Timing e. g. 15 deg (mid timing) can be different
on the various brands of ESC's, the Timing is not a normed value/unit.

Your motor can run very good with 18 deg with an ESC brand XX, with brand YY and 18 deg maybe not. It is sometime hard to find out
what is the best setup. Running a motor with various loads from CT to WOT, the auto timing setup of
premium ESC brands like YGE, Kontronik or Scorpion is perhaps the best choice.

PWM frequency:
The PWM frequency has a big impact on part load operation efficiency. Turning On/Off (PWM frequency) the supply voltage leads
to high ripple currents in the motor winding depending on L/R, higher PWM frequencies reduces the amount of current ripples and
thus you have a higher motor efficiency. Most ESC's have freewheeling to reduce the power loses of the FETs during PWM operation,
thus higher PWM frequencies than 8 kHz could improve the overal efficiency.

Best regards
Micha

k_Pade

User
I have done some more testing with not that good results. I still cannot get the setup to work properly. Started on 22° timing and went down to 18. THen the esc cut off at low throttle, just like the first edition did. Luckily I got it recorded and have sent it to the distributor in order to have them take the esc back:
It is very strange to me that the esc just juts off like this. I might try one more time at timing set to 25° on the HW esc, even though I agree with Micha that lower timing should lower the amp usage.

I contacted Dualsky, and they recommend the Jeti Spin Pro 200 HV. I contacted Jeti to get their view on combability, and they says okay, but make sure the filtration setting is set to High.

The Spin Pro 200 has been ordered and arrives next week - but I agree on the auto timing function on the Scorpion has proven to be very good. Should I cancel the Jeti and get a Scorpion Tribunus II 200 instead?

Flyrian

User
When Dualsky recommends the Jeti Spin Pro 200 HV.
I would just go for it.

Auto timing can work, but it doesn't have to.
Kontronik and YGE ESCs were also reported to have problems with high pole motors.

MafRaf

User
I can recommend IBEX controllers, which were developed and optimized also for large 28 pole motors with high torque. For example, on Hemotec 105.20 motor and 12S Lipo I can use as low as 0.5s acceleration (almost welding wires with high Amps).

k_Pade

User
I can recommend IBEX controllers, which were developed and optimized also for large 28 pole motors with high torque. For example, on Hemotec 105.20 motor and 12S Lipo I can use as low as 0.5s acceleration (almost welding wires with high Amps).
It is a good suggestion - the Spn Pro 200 arrives tomorrow, hopefully it will be able to operate the motor...

k_Pade

User
The newest software for the Jeti Spin Pro 200 has a Filtration option, which should eliminate problems with high pole count motors, please see the photo from the software update. I hope to make the final tests tonight.

Dualsky themselves recommends a timing setting of 25° for the Jeti Spin Pro 200.
20230607_005830.jpg

Hallo Alexzzz,

Was hast du denn an Flugzeug mit den 9500mAh Akkus und wie ist die Leistung im Vergleich zum DLE111?

Danke und Gruß

Danke für die Info, liest sich ja schon mal recht vielversprechend und das Video veranschaulicht gut die Leistungsfähigkeit ! ;-)

Gibt es bereits praktische Erfahrungswerte mit dem Jeti Spin Pro 200 HV, kommt das Auto-Timing mit dem GA8000.8 zurecht?

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten