Plan / kit for Ryan STa Scale 1:3 or 1:2,5? Or draw myself?

One of my favorite planes is a Ryan STa. I have the blackhorse version but it is not scale and i want one for a nicer engine. I think the kolm engines are awesome and the 150cc 3 cylinder kolm is great in sound. It would be a great motor for a large Ryan STa. You don't see this model much so it would a great plane to build and fly. With the kolm sound and a nice smoke system this old acrobatic plane would be very nice to fly scale acrobatic with.

But are there plans for it? What size would be a good fit? 1:3 would be a nice size but i think to kolm will te much to heavy for this. Maybe go with 1:2,5? Should just fit in the car with removable rudder ect. The wing will be a 3 piece (2 tips with a center piece with the gear) that would be transportable.

Before i begin to plan anything.... What do you experts think of this specs?

- Scale 1:2,5
- Kolm 150 / 3
- Wingspan 3.66m
- Length 2.61m
- Weight about 20kg
- Covering with Oracover (it has a glossy finish as a demo plane)

Is this realistic? I can only hope for plans of a Ryan STa scale 1:3 that can be used or scaled up but i might need to draw everything myself. It would not be a hard design but there are always challenges... :)

deti

User
Ryan STA

Ryan STA

Hallo,,ich habe auch vor eine Ryan STA zu bauen,siehe Thread Bugatti der Lüfte,,ich werde mir die Dreiseitenansicht hochskalieren auf eine spannweite so zwischen 3,5m bis 3,8m,der Rumpf soll mit Alu beplankt werden,wie auf den Fotos zu sehen ist,und anschliesend hochglanz poliert werden,den genauen maßstab werde ich nächste woche berechnen.

Gruss Deti

Thanks, i will follow your build.

I have looked at some engines at pro-wing and the kolm 150 / 3 has 2 negative points: Price and weight. Service is not always great i heard....

Engel had a RM 130 fsi and it looked good also. A bit smaller but much lighter (2,1kg less, 20ccm less) The sound is not as nice but it sounds fine with the right exhaust. Would by a nice powerfull engine for a 330cm version....

deti

User
Ryan STA

Ryan STA

Hallo Tadango:),ist das dein richtiger Name?:Dich war auch am Samstag auf der Pro Wing und habe mir bei Engel Modellbau beide Roto Reihenmotore angeschaut der Roto zweizylinder 85 ist vom Preis schon sehr interresant,leistung wird bei einer 3,3m großen Ryan wohl ausreichen,der dreizylinder Roto ist zwar teurer ,aber wesentlich günstiger als der Kolm dreizylinder und natürlich auch leichter,ich denke der dreizylinder würde für eine 3,8m grossen Ryan ausreichen,was noch in frage kommen würde wäre der Valach 120er Reihe,der einen sehr schönen klang hat.aber das mit dem Motor entscheidet sich erst dann wenn die Maschine fertig gebaut und gewogen wird.

gruss Deti

The 130cc might be good for a 3.6m. Prop size in scale is about 30 inch so that might work. I would rather fly with a 28x12 but that is not the scale size :)

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten