F3D & F5D speeds

djlyon

User
It had been my understanding that in Europe there were efforts to change the rules a little to reduce speeds or at least prevent further increase in speed in both F3D and F5D.
Last Saturday one of our club members brought his F5D to the field to try out the recently allowed LiPolys. Wow. We didn't have a clock or pylon judges but it looked to be going about 20 kph faster than with the old batteries. I know when your flying alone your plane always seems faster but this thing really was noticeable faster with the LiPolys

Denis

Paul1

User
Hello Dennis,

here in Germany we (the F5D guys) are busy to design a "limiter device". I think you know what I´m talking about. With this device and Lipos it will be a question of taste how fast we should go.

Of couse the actual FAI Lipo reglement would be faster than a 18cell NiMh pylon. Going to the edge with Lipos, I forecast even much more speed than your club member. Joerg Mrkwitschka (you know the 140mph T Hydro guy) told us also at "rcgroups" that his test readings with overloaded and heated Lipos shown a much better performance. Sadly for about 4 cycles, than the Lipos die.

Nevertheless I don´t know about a agreement here in Germany reducing the speed. We talk about only...

Paul

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten