Black Horse VIPERJET 120 EDF 1885mm * NEUHEIT 2018 *

FinnSa

User
I fly with a 12S and the 590 engine and it's enough with a low take-off weight.

I chosed the kingmax km1203md. Many people use the MASTER Servo DS3615. 5kg of force should be enough. You just have to decide whether you want to use an HV setup.

max-1969

User
Just my personell expericence with the CLS2875H. I use them in two F3A planes and in my opinion they are very stable, centering well, precisious and fast enough and for my flight expericence (i am not a competition pilot) they are accurate enough for pattern flying.

So i can recommend them and would use them in the Viper XL .. absolutely worth thier money in my opinion

Prerequist is that you are using 100% of servo path for full rudder deflection.

One additional word for using the HET 590 in the jetfan with 12S.
I used this motor in my VIPER XL about 3 years ago and was very happy with it ... BUT i tried to have as less weight as possible and reached 7000g flying weight (with 12S 5000 SLS Quantum 30C ,1430g accu weight). With this setup i could fly about 5.30 - 6 min including pattern fly and had enough power for every situation.

One of my colleague had the same plane at the same time using the HET 685 with Jetfan and 12S but hat about 8.3-8.4kg fliying weight due to heavier needed batteries, ...

If every plane flies alone there was no remarkable difference ... everything could be done with my plane as well , same climbing possibility, same flight time, same pattern figures ... ... BUT ... if we flew together i could see that in every moment the plane with the 685 motor was little faster and every pattern figure was a little bigger.

Another colleague had the plane with Jetfan and Leomotion 600 motor at 14S ... and her the difference from the 685 to the Leomotion was more than the difference from the 590 to 685.

Great advantange of my plane was a very easy landing ... but of course no problem with 8.2kg as well.
The 590 motor has a better efficiency than the 685 in that use case.
Hope this helps a little

mszulen

User
Thanks! Looks like 2875 might be a good alternative to KM1203MD! I could not find detailed tests, so it's hard to compare them without having them on the table (perhaps, I'll order 1 of each and play with them before decide to buy). Anyway, haven't seen bad opinions about them so far.

Regarding the motor - Now, I'm sure I'll have fun with 590. I would look for 685, but I got 590 in a good deal with the fan.
I've already ordered the FlyFun 160 ESC, which will allow me to go either 14S or power the 685 motor one day. Since I use Frsky system, the receiver I will use is TD_SR12 with power distributor and gyro. This will let me save some weight (no separate bec or gyro). I only need to add the current sensor to better estimate the battery drain. I'm surprised that 5000 batteries let you fly so long. That's great! I thought it will require bigger batteries.

max-1969

User
I'm surprised that 5000 batteries let you fly so long. That's great! I thought it will require bigger batteries.
This of course need sensefull movement of the throttle, so i am flying full throttle only within vertikal sections and normally only one or two low full throttle passes per flight. But on the other hand i am normally flying a complete pattern set with 15-17 figures and here of course i need more power during upwards sections. The thing ist that here the light machine is very helpfull .... less weight needs less power during the whole flight too.

max-1969

User
That's clear, of course! I'm mostly just "riding around", so a couple of fast passes and then mostly just half to 2/3 throttle. Let's see how light can I go. Then I'll think about the batteries.
Thank you, Markus!
you´re welcome!

mszulen

User
I've got my model delivered yesterday. WOW! I knew it's pretty huge, but in real life it looks even bigger and better :)

Still waiting for servos and need to order lights (which one? Unilight or other?).

Thinking about adding a gloss clear coat. Does it make sense? I mean - it might peel off after some time, correct? Does any of you, who did it - have problems with the coat flaking/peeling out?

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten