Fairey Delta 1

MaHö

User
Hi zusammen, danke!
Noch sind wir nicht am Gipfel des Projekts. Grad mal einen Flug zum Schwerpunkt testen, aber sieht gut aus soweit. Aber der war jetzt wichtig damit Erik das Fahrwerk gut positionieren kann.

Der Erstflug war, auch dank Deprongleitermodell recht problemlos, da der SP ganz gut gepast hat. Er liegt auch noch genau am Ende des Kabinenhaubendeckels, also einfach zu finden :D
Der Schnee war ne gute Start und Landebahn, der EInlauf weit genug oben, dass nicht der ganze Schnee angesaugt wurde.
Die Ausschläge waren noch etwas groß, vorallem das QR kann noch deutlich kleiner gemacht werden(war eh schon ordentlich reduziert). HR braucht es ordentlich für Start und Landung, im FLug ist dann nicht mehr so viel nötig. Eigentlich alles typisch Delta.

Ausrüstung für den Erstflug war wie schon mal weiter vorne angedeutet, ein Midifan Pro mit einem 22/35/1,5E, 8S 3700mAh LemonRC und ein Turnigy 100HV. Wobei Regler und Motor schlecht zusammenarbeiten, hört man ab und zu paar Aussetzer im oberen Teillast. Timing ändern hat hier wenig gebracht.
Aso, Gewicht beim Erstflug waren 3,6kg mit einer dicken Akkuplatte weit vorne im Rumpf und einem 3S 1800er zusätzlich damit der SP past. Hier kann beim Umbau auf den SM-110-52 und ca. 11S4250er das Trimmblei entfallen.

Die Leistung mit den 8S war sehr an der Untergrenze, ich denke das minimum für ansprechende Flugleistungen sollten ca. 10S darstellen.
Bin mir noch nicht sicher ob ich mal auf einen 22/50/1,5E und 12S wechsel, dieser zieht im Midifan an 12S ca. 60A. Würde sicherlich deutlich besser gehen. So ganz ideal ist aber die Luftführung grad soweiso nicht, mit der Runden EInlauflippe in den Rumpf aber anschließender Abreißkante. Ein Einlaufkanal wird auf jeden Fall besser gehen. Daher ist die Frage ob ich nicht gleich auf den SM wechsel und dafür gleich eine Luftführung mach.
soweit,
gruß Martin

Thank you all for the nice compliments!

The maiden flight was needed for Cg location so I can progress my structural designs for retracts and fan location. It will take a while for the next flight with Stumax fan. On this plane we make a compromise in good scale performance, high alpha power+ climbouts and flighttime and may reduce power in the 3.5-5kW range for acceptable wingload.

I have made a new thread in my Blog here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=25071

MaHö

User
Hier ist noch ein Bildchen nach dem Erstflug, dass man mal sieht wie groß die FD1 ist.

gruß Martin

Anhänge

• IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    67,1 KB · Aufrufe: 24
Ihr seit der Hammer..............

Ihr seit der Hammer..............

Hallo Erik hallo Martin,

eigentlich fällt mir hier nichts gescheites mehr dazu ein. Wenn ich die Modelle im Hintergrund sehe, weiß ich, wie weit ich noch von so einigen Dingen weg bin.

Aber Dank Eurer Threads und Beiträgen lerne ich immer wieder was dazu.Glücklicherweise habe ich Euch beide schon kennengelernt so das ich sagen kann, das sind echt Coole Typen die Coole Modelle bauen.

Jetzt mal das Lob beiseite ist ein echt geiles Teil was ich hoffentlich auf einem der Zahlreichen E-Meetings 2011 sehen kann.

Gruß von der Küste

Heiko

Hi Heiko!

Thank you for the kind words!
Yes it takes a long road to get to this level of building. The magic word is : slow. If you build slow it does look better at the end!!

Today I noticed a very bad dissappointment. Now we know where the CG is I need to move the C36-1 approx 10 cm more forward. The center of the wheel does hit the main spar in UP position. when DOWN the wheel should be approx 30mm behind CG.
I may have to make new formers out of the mould surface for accuracy and in worst case scenario we may need to move the main spar 45mm backwards, cut 4 new wingcores (I have sheeted my wings already with wing spar slots in it...) and build new wings. Not funny!

Hi Heiner!

Yes, you're right about that, but with a Stumax fan a bunghee FD1 may not be ideal. I can use the wings for a delta prop project later :cool:

I need to make a new former for the retracts and when I found the best location I can locate the best place for the main wing spar. Little bit of reversed engeneering which takes a lot of time :rolleyes:

some progress...

After the maiden fligt started to design the new formers. Unfortunately, the original design has different doors as I have now. I needed to make a compromise. Reason for this is this research aircraft has been designed for high speed airfoils for the Concorde and in the 1950's they had long runways. to let the plane gain speed before take off the plane has a lot of nose pressure (main gear placed far behind CG). The original retracts are more complicated as the C36 I use which shows some inboard space restrictions and different retract movement as the original. This results in a different door position and door shape.

We chose for a best allround airfoil because of the high wingloading we expected and we like to have a lot of lift for a short runway. This needs a placement of the retracts as close as possible towards CG.
This teestfuse will be used as a mask for the carbon layup around the doors later.

Fuse dia 26cm
Sm11052 fan= 115mm dia
wheels= 90mm dia
Fuse-ground clearance=85mm

Total weight of fuse formers=160gr

wing incidence is planned at 2.5degrees, high alpha angle = 15.5 degrees max for landing.

Next step is to lay up some doors and wing root covering. Then I start on the nose retract formers.

greets,
Erik

Anhänge

• DSC04073.JPG
    DSC04073.JPG
    144,6 KB · Aufrufe: 25
  • DSC04077.JPG
    DSC04077.JPG
    135,2 KB · Aufrufe: 23
  • DSC04065.JPG
    DSC04065.JPG
    142,8 KB · Aufrufe: 17
  • DSC04088.JPG
    DSC04088.JPG
    140,1 KB · Aufrufe: 16
  • DSC04086.JPG
    DSC04086.JPG
    164 KB · Aufrufe: 22
  • DSC04079.JPG
    DSC04079.JPG
    137,8 KB · Aufrufe: 19
I have been very busy last weeks on this project. Last night I testfitted the formers and retracts. I need to do some more fine tuning on the formers.

greets!
Erik

Anhänge

• a3853468-70-DSC04577.jpg
    a3853468-70-DSC04577.jpg
    35,5 KB · Aufrufe: 19
  • a3853463-127-DSC04567.jpg
    a3853463-127-DSC04567.jpg
    130,4 KB · Aufrufe: 20
  • a3853464-131-DSC04571.jpg
    a3853464-131-DSC04571.jpg
    17 KB · Aufrufe: 20
  • a3853465-35-DSC04572.jpg
    a3853465-35-DSC04572.jpg
    130,3 KB · Aufrufe: 20
  • a3853466-4-DSC04575.jpg
    a3853466-4-DSC04575.jpg
    34,5 KB · Aufrufe: 20
  • DSC04576.jpg
    DSC04576.jpg
    35,3 KB · Aufrufe: 18
Super Arbeit Erik.............:-)

Super Arbeit Erik.............:-)

Hallo Erik,

danke für den Eintrag zu meinen Ansaugkanälen. Von deinem Handwerklichen Geschick bin ich aber noch sehr weit entfernt. Aber ich komme mit langsamen Schritten näher. Jetzt kann es ja nicht mehr lange dauern und das Fairey Delta 1 kann per Fahrwerk starten. Das Wetter spielt ja langsam wieder mit.

Sehe ich dich in Dänemark beim E-Meeting?

Gruß Heiko

Hi Heiko,

Thank you for the nice comments:)
At this moment the progres is rather slow. The former design and final fine trimming takes a lot of time. This fuse took 40hrs for the layup (within 10 days!) in the evening and my girlfriend and baby have been very patient with me:) I may have to take a little break now from the garage.

The research for the hardware inside the FD1 consumes a lot of time as well. I have found almost all hardware I like but several items are available in june/july. I hope to have maiden flight in july but if this is not possible I doubt if I buy new lipolly cells in 2011.

I doubt if I am able to be in Dänemark for the edf meeting. It is very busy at the daytime job and I have limmited days left for a small vacation in the summer. I still like to visit Hamburg and Effeln and may visit a few other meetings in germany;)

greets!
Erik

A small update.
Progress is slow, mainly because of a lot of research for SHV compatible components.
Carbon and glass cloth on the wings now.
Next thing to do: wing attachement and wing servos.

I ordered the YGE120HV for the SM11052 unit. While the epoxy is curing i am doing reseach for the batteriepacks I need for this project. I may prefer 3500-4000W setup for scale performance and decent flight time. for this power range I may use 11s5000mAh30C cells . Higher rated cells do increase the powerlevel considerable!. I still have not found the cells I like.

regards!
Erik

Anhänge

• DSC04761.JPG
    DSC04761.JPG
    137,8 KB · Aufrufe: 18
  • DSC04876.JPG
    DSC04876.JPG
    131,3 KB · Aufrufe: 18
  • DSC04926.JPG
    DSC04926.JPG
    143,3 KB · Aufrufe: 18
  • DSC05004.JPG
    DSC05004.JPG
    147 KB · Aufrufe: 18
  • DSC05008.JPG
    DSC05008.JPG
    132,4 KB · Aufrufe: 24
  • DSC05053.JPG
    DSC05053.JPG
    138,5 KB · Aufrufe: 17
  • DSC05055.JPG
    DSC05055.JPG
    136,1 KB · Aufrufe: 25
  • DSC05054.JPG
    DSC05054.JPG
    141 KB · Aufrufe: 14
Hi Stefan,
I wished that was for real. The thruth is there has not been any 11s65C or 12s65C benchtesting with Sm110-52 available and I would not know if a 10s65C setup would be within 3500-4000W. This would be nice and I could 6000mAh cells for longer flight times. I may send Stu a pm for suggestions.

I have been looking at the Nanotech cells and they seem to be a lot heavier (grams/cell) as lipolly. I need to make a good comparitive list with data+prices.
On the XPS cells I read at rcgrpz they are real 45c cells, but not true 65C cells like TP. TP is very expensive.

This will take some time!

greets!
Erik

Letzte WE hab ich die erste probelauf mit meine FD1 gemacht.
Sie ist flugbereit. jetzt nur warten auf Martin :p
Leider hab ich eine rechnerischen false wahl gemacht. ich hatte erwarted 11s5000mAh45C wurde ca 4kw machen aber ich brauche 12s. Jetzt gibt's "nur" 3200W (sehr scale performance und sehr hohe efficienz) aber recht kritisch auf unsere locale rasenpiste. Ich darf nach deutschland fahren fur erstflug und mal gucken wie diese 11s pack auf rasen absteigt. Bis jetzt keine wahl gemacht auf platz und zeit.

Shau mal:)

grtz,
Erik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Efi-dMNbY

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten