grupp modellbau KwikFly MK3 arf

Hello

I just ordered this plane http://gruppstore.de/product_info.php?products_id=1713 and was wondering if anyone can share any experience with it, and what glow engine size can be ok on power and weight to get correct cg.

1713_2.JPG

Regards,
Jose

Hello

I received the plane few days ago very well packed, its a super light plane and well built.

I'm going to power it with an OS55AX that i'm sure will be more than enough and i will use hitec HS-430BH on all the surfaces.

Fuse has a top hatch and it give access to fuel tank and electronics, overall i like the plane.

The only issue i saw is that there is a big difference in colors between the fuse hatch, the cowl and the rest of the fuse. I commented with the seller to see if its a punctual problem with my unit and others are ok and if i can buy another hatch or something, and get no reply... nothing, nada, rien.

Covering is well applied and tick, it gives a good impression. Accesories are good quality, im sure it will fly wonderful!!!

08.jpeg
07.jpeg
05.jpeg
01.jpeg
03.jpeg
02.jpeg

Im Graupnerkatalog ano dazumal war nach erscheinen des mechanischen Einziehfahrwerks von Graupner eine Kwikfly mit Einziefahrwerk als Demoobjekt abgebildet. Die KwikFly Mk3 von Phil Kraft hatte kein Einziehfahrwerk.

Franz

Mooney

Vereinsmitglied
Von Graupner gab es das KwikFly mal als Fertigmodell mit der Option auf EZFW.
Hab damals sowas da reingefrickelt, ging ganz gut.

Anhänge

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    60 KB · Aufrufe: 241
  • IMG_8531_720x540.JPG
    IMG_8531_720x540.JPG
    56 KB · Aufrufe: 237
  • IMG_8536_720x540.JPG
    IMG_8536_720x540.JPG
    45,9 KB · Aufrufe: 233

hholgi

User
.... I'm going to power it with an OS55AX that i'm sure will be more than enough and i will use hitec HS-430BH on all the surfaces....
The Grupp KwikFly is 9% bigger than the original plane. I think a .61 like OSFX is better.

On the photos of the fuselage front I see that it is optimized for electric power. You should check the design regarding glow power engine.

Das geniale am Kwick Fly war ja seine Einfachheit, da passt eigentlich kein Einziehfahrwerk. Beim Weltmeisterschftsmodell von Phil Kraft waren sogar noch die Flügel mit Gummis befestigt.
Gruß Hans

The Grupp KwikFly is 9% bigger than the original plane. I think a .61 like OSFX is better.

On the photos of the fuselage front I see that it is optimized for electric power. You should check the design regarding glow power engine.
Thank you, i already have the 55 so will try it, plane seems very light. If not enough power will put something bigger

It comes with fuel tank, engine mount.... and in pdf instructions you have both options for power plant.

My servos arrived so will began with building

I will put a light coat of laminating epoxy over firewall and fuse hatch to be a bit more fuel resistant.

Graupner arf version was nice, i tried to find one for time but seems impossible. Cowl is same color as the rest of the plane.... and servos at wings are inside, two details that current don't have.

P.D. will try to source a weighing machine to get some data

Die KwikFly Mk3 gab es nie mit Einziehfahrwerk.
The KwikFly Mk3 was never flown with retractable landing gear.

So, so, dann sind das alles Fake-Infos?

Ich kenne nur sehr wenige Flugzeuge, die mit ausgestreckten Beinen besser aussehen. Alle RC1er werden ohne Fahrwerk eleganter.

Beste Grüße
Andreas

grupp

User
So, so, dann sind das alles Fake-Infos?

Ich kenne nur sehr wenige Flugzeuge, die mit ausgestreckten Beinen besser aussehen. Alle RC1er werden ohne Fahrwerk eleganter.

Beste Grüße
Andreas
Keine Fake's aber abgeänderte Originale. Die Original Kwik Fly Mk3 von Phil Kraft hatte kein Einziehfahrwerk.
Wenn andere Schönheitsoperationen machen, bitteschön.😜😜😜

Die Original Kwik Fly Mk3 von Phil Kraft hatte kein Einziehfahrwerk.
Das ist richtig, gelocht gelaserte Sperrholzbauweise, 2,4GHz, Elektroantrieb, wirksame Schalldämpfer, 4Takt oder Schnürle 2T Glühzünder, Folienbespannung, usw. hatte sie auch noch nicht. Wer verlangt denn, dass man sie genau wie 1965, '66 oder '67 bauen muss?

Wenn andere Schönheitsoperationen machen, bitteschön.
Die Schönheit ist nur eine Nebenwirkung, RC1 mit EZF fliegt halt besser. (...und elektrisch auch länger)
Schön auch, dass die Geschmäcker verschieden sind – jeder, wie er mag...

Gruß Andreas

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Eisvogel

User
Das ist jetzt, neben SG und Aumann die dritte KwikFly aufn Markt.
Ist die eckige Kiste wirklich so gefragt:confused: Da gibts doch wesentlich schönere Rc-1 Modelle!

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten