International AC 62RC Class

AC 55RC-the "AC45" of the AC 62RC Class

AC 55RC-the "AC45" of the AC 62RC Class

when will the modell sail ?
===
My proto will fly in the next couple of months......

D4Z stand---2-4-15 006.jpg

003.JPG

"Wallying"--Upwind Foiler Performance

"Wallying"--Upwind Foiler Performance

Interesting stuff if you think you'll ever race a full size or RC multihull foiler: http://www.virtac.com.au/
scroll down to Parts 1 and 2. Probably applicable to all racing multihull foilers.

D4Z /AC 62RC Prototype

D4Z /AC 62RC Prototype

Thanks! There will be video in the next couple of months. There will never be "computer games or simulations" of the D4Z.

Yes Doug, we knowing this foiling technic since years and Andreas adapted this in his mini40 Foiler development.
Still waiting for your first trials with your foilerdesign together with the weightbalancer.

Regards

Rene

F3 Foiler

F3 Foiler

Yes Doug, we knowing this foiling technic since years and Andreas adapted this in his mini40 Foiler development.
Still waiting for your first trials with your foilerdesign together with the weightbalancer.

Regards

Rene
=========
Rene, did you see my F3-first foiled in 2001? Tacked and gybed on foils. Top speed measured at 18mph with reefed rig. First post and here. D4Z is almost done.
F3  foiler tri.jpgF3 from rc groups.JPG
F3-_14a_small.jpg

Oh yes Doug.I have seen the videos and pictures in 2006/2007 in the net.
Why did you stop the promotion and sales of the F3?

Regards

Rene

F3

F3

My parents were sick and I couldn't spend any more time or money on microSAIL!(my company). Unfortunate, but that's the way it goes.......

F3

F3

We didn't sell any F3's in Europe-only one America One spinnaker boat(to Germany). Six F3's were sold in the US before I had to stop building. It was the second most popular boat at the time based on orders.

We didn't sell any F3's in Europe-only one America One spinnaker boat(to Germany). Six F3's were sold in the US before I had to stop building. It was the second most popular boat at the time based on orders.

Yes Doug its a extrem small niche market....
Also in germany, the active scene in germany is mostly building it self in total or based at kits...

AC 62 OUT for 2017!!!!!

AC 62 OUT for 2017!!!!!

In a startling decision the AC 62 is not going to be the boat for the Cup!!!!!
Just what will be who knows....

Article from Scuttlebutt here:http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2...cas Cup Decision to sail smaller boat in 2017

The competitors and organizers of the 2017 America’s Cup are planning to implement a series of rule changes to dramatically reduce team operational costs, primarily by racing in a smaller boat than the previously announced AC62.

“After reviewing prototypes of the new AC45 sports boats being tested on the water over the past several months, it is clear that if we raced smaller boats in 2017, we could dramatically reduce costs without sacrificing any of the spectacle or the design, engineering and athletic challenge fundamental to the America’s Cup,” said Commercial Commissioner Harvey Schiller.

“We have a responsibility to think of what is best for the long term health of the America’s Cup as well as improving the value equation for team principals and partners. Racing a smaller boat in 2017 and beyond is a big step in the right direction.

“The existing operational costs of teams is much too high with a boat like the AC62. We discussed making this change early last year at a Competitors meeting in London but at that stage only ORACLE TEAM USA and Emirates Team New Zealand were in favor of using a smaller boat.

“But now that the teams have seen these new boats in action there is a clear majority of competitors who support the idea. I’d like to be able to say we have unanimous support from all the teams but that is not the case.”

Boat speed in the new boat is expected to be similar to what was achieved in the last America’s Cup through increased time foiling and advances in design and engineering.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten