Minimoa Mo2a 1:6 2.8m Von Tony

Hi everyone, I'm Tony Ray(雷思奇):D, I come here again to post my 2023 new project: Minimoa mo2a 1/6, and share my method for raw wood texture fuselage covering. :D
Mo2a发帖IMG_4056.JPG

Firstly is designing work, because it based on standard minimoa which i have finished on late 2022, this two seat version haven't cost me many time. This picture shows the difference, mo2a is 360mm longer than standard minimoa. And my 1/6 version extended 60mm.
01.png
02.png

03.png
04.png

Start to build the fuselage.
05.jpg

06.jpg

Mo2a have a long canopy, very impressive. Unlike other mo2a on the market, I haven't use a whole piece of blister canopy, I used the logic of the real plane and built it bit by bit from the frame state.
08.jpg

Today I will update the fuselage covering. Using thin wood chips, thickness is only 0.1mm. It cut by raw wood, and the back side is non-woven fabric(cotton), to avoid chipping. I choose 3 texture to do this step
55.JPG

Firstly draw lines on the fuselage. Try to make some reference from real plane, instead of seam from balsa sheets.:p
29.jpg

In this step I use Wood glue, and dilute it with water, then put the sheet on the fuselage. Iron it back and forth, the wood sheet is to thick that the glue will seep through the sheet to the surface. So need sand it after the sheet glued. (need not wait for a long time, when iron it, the sheet will glued on fuselage immediately, all process very same with normal MonoKote film.)
31.jpg

Wood glue
IMG_3608(20230428-104648).JPG

IMG_3609(20230429-132324).JPG

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten