Graupner MC-32 Questions

Hello Rickard,
Didn't manage today to have a look at your MDL. Will do so Mo. or Tu.evening and comment. Please excuse.
Regards from Graz
Volker

Hello Rickard,
First of all please excuse my very big delay in answering.

I understood that during flying, using the butterfly function (typically at landing), you want to trim the elevator correction independently from the normal elevator function.
As already noted before, such function is not implemented as a standard at the FW of the MC series. When stating that, I thought there might be a way to separate the butterfly correction from the standard elevator operation … somehow through a small backdoor. I have to state now that I could not find this backdoor, as any of my trial to command an elevator correction via a different way than the Wing Setup, failed. As soon as you link any mixer/correction to Chn-3, it always influences the normal elevator function. Sorry for this bad news.
If Wolfgang Fleischer is reading this, may be you Wolfgang know a backdoor.

Typically you need the trimming of the elevator correction during flying only at the first flights to find your settings. Possibly what I do is a little of help …
I have generated a "Marker" channel.
Link one of the input channels to a self-returning switch and assign the switch=on a value - I use 120%.
While scanning the butterfly travel I apply manually with the stick the correct elevator correction and when found for that butterfly position I press the marker switch. I proceed like this over various butterfly positions and when finished the flight, I readout the data records and at the positions of the markers it shows me how much elevator I have corrected. I add those values to the elevator correction table and typically after 2-3 further flights with fine tuning, the correction reaches the quality I was looking for. May this help you.

Kind regards from sunny San Francisco … unfortunately will return to cold Europe on Saturday,
Volker

Hello Rickard,
First of all please excuse my very big delay in answering.

I understood that during flying, using the butterfly function (typically at landing), you want to trim the elevator correction independently from the normal elevator function.
As already noted before, such function is not implemented as a standard at the FW of the MC series. When stating that, I thought there might be a way to separate the butterfly correction from the standard elevator operation … somehow through a small backdoor. I have to state now that I could not find this backdoor, as any of my trial to command an elevator correction via a different way than the Wing Setup, failed. As soon as you link any mixer/correction to Chn-3, it always influences the normal elevator function. Sorry for this bad news.
If Wolfgang Fleischer is reading this, may be you Wolfgang know a backdoor.

Typically you need the trimming of the elevator correction during flying only at the first flights to find your settings. Possibly what I do is a little of help …
I have generated a "Marker" channel.
Link one of the input channels to a self-returning switch and assign the switch=on a value - I use 120%.
While scanning the butterfly travel I apply manually with the stick the correct elevator correction and when found for that butterfly position I press the marker switch. I proceed like this over various butterfly positions and when finished the flight, I readout the data records and at the positions of the markers it shows me how much elevator I have corrected. I add those values to the elevator correction table and typically after 2-3 further flights with fine tuning, the correction reaches the quality I was looking for. May this help you.

Kind regards from sunny San Francisco … unfortunately will return to cold Europe on Saturday,
Volker
Thanks
I will try to set it up as you describe and see if i can get it to work.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten