Hangflugvideos

Hello Slope-Flyer,

this is an amazing video from the coast! Thank-you for posting.

Why did the sailplane crash into the slope at 4:25, because the rc-pilot wanted to give way the paraglider?

Best regards

Joachim
Thank you Joachim,
Yes, the paraglider was flying erratically. He forced the glider pilot to make a steep move by pulling elevator, which broke the plastic screw holiding on the tail. Unfortunately the DG was destroyed.
The moral is to use a steel screw on Rhossili when the wind blows 30 plus!
Grusse,
Jimbo.

Yes, the paraglider was flying erratically. He forced the glider pilot to make a steep move by pulling elevator,
Jimbo
Really :confused::confused:
big slope, lot's of space , not crowed and this incident at 4:20 was the in your opinion the fault of the paraglider:cry:

No wonder there's always controversy.

m2c

Thomas

STB

User
Was hat der Gleitschirmpilot denn mit dem Absturz zu tun? In dem Video ist doch klar ersichtlich, dass dem RC-Kollegen das Höhenleitwerk während dem Flug abfällt...einfach so...wenn der Segler in die entgegengesetzte Richtung abmarschiert wäre, wäre es eng geworden für den Gleitschirmpilot...

Eine Stahlschraube könnte evtl. tatsächlich die Lösung sein :D Das Ausweichmanöver war wohl etwas übermotiviert...

Thomas, give up, they're everywhere, you'll never escape them !

Chris

I know what you mean with everywhere ( related to the Hangglider and this Model pilot) ;);)
und extra fuer matty 01 die Uebersetzung

Chris,
I weiss was du meist mit 'ueberall' (bezogen auf Paraglider und Modellpilot )

Thomas

Interessant ist, dass da gar kein Gleitschirm fliegt, sondern ein Fallschirm ! :D

I flew there a month ago and beside the impressive quality of that slope I noticed several guys taking off the top with parachutes (yes, parachutes, not paragliders) and landing really close to people on the beach, even with a biplace.
But there, there was a signboard trying to regulate this.

The craziest para related activity I have seen was on Le Salève: seems in France it is not needed a certification to fly para :confused:
I did record a long video and eventually will edit it to show how people like risking their lives ...

Ric

Jimbo
Really :confused::confused:
big slope, lot's of space , not crowed and this incident at 4:20 was the in your opinion the fault of the paraglider:cry:

No wonder there's always controversy.

m2c

Thomas
No im not saying that, that was what i was told. I cant say who was to blame, the RC pilot was unfamiliar with PGs and the PG was flying erratically in the high winds.
Cheers,

Matty, Entshuldigung, jetzt wir konnen Deutchse sprachen!

Und ein andres Vid von Rhossili woche

DG500b.jpg

Das Höhenruder war bis zum Schluß am Flieger fest. Es kann natürlich sein, dass trotzdem eine Kunststoffschraube abgeplatzt ist und es deshalb auf "tief" stand. Abgeflogen ist wahrscheinlich die Haube.

Schade um die schöne 7m DG! Zum Glück ist ja wohl sonst nicht noch mehr passiert...

Gruß

Joachim

The 7m DG was ok, it was a 4m DG (different model) that crashed. It was an old model with many hours on the clock. If the big DG had of gone in there would of been many tears! The pilot said he lost pitch control, your pic seems to indicate perhaps pilot error.

Heres another from the same week.

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten