The Wyvern

I apologize for my German, but I would like to introduce a new model design - the Wyvern. The Saker design has been very successful in F3F racing, but I've always had a preference for smaller models. I have to admit that I have long loved the Wizard Compact and Caldera models.

The fuselage shares some similar features to the Saker, with airflow scoops that aid airflow past the wing. My experience with the Saker also showed me the strength the shape gives the hull.

The 2.65m long Wyvern wing has an 8.2% slope at the root and tapers to 7.4% in the middle. I spent the winter flying the prototype in all sorts of conditions to test the model in the air. Models are designed in theory, but they fly into the sky!

John Philips also tested the model, the problem we both found was that we had too much fun with this model to practice with other models. While the Wyvern is competitive in F3F, the goal was to maximize the fun of it.

The quality of the model is excellent, but since I am doing this as a non-commercial project, the model will be available as a carbon model for 700-800 euros. Because I want to make it much easier to get started with F3F models.

I hope you like it!
wyvern CAD.jpg
1117_5.jpg

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten