PRIME - RES "New Kid on the block!" Vorstellung ein Neues RES-segler

Received a new package yesterday from CLM-PRO and inside the box there was a complete set up kit for building the E-Prime Res fuselage.
So I got started straight away with the build and here you can se the results. The only difference between the Thermal version and the E- version is the nose! and tow hook. On the E-version there is no nose cone, only one ply front for the BL-motor installation and there is no tow hook material for the E-version.

Whats nice with the E-fuse kit is that there is also material to build its own elevator and rudder. So if U get both versions then you don´t have to switch the elevator/rudder and U use the same main wing setup for both fuselages. Its as simple as that..!

The pics show both versions and also the elevator build.

Anhänge

• IMG_20220522_005722.jpg
    IMG_20220522_005722.jpg
    246,1 KB · Aufrufe: 252
  • IMG_20220522_011533.jpg
    IMG_20220522_011533.jpg
    371,8 KB · Aufrufe: 255
  • IMG_20220521_230635.jpg
    IMG_20220521_230635.jpg
    338,1 KB · Aufrufe: 265
Prime RES Thermal version; weight of parts, wood finished without covering
Fuselage90g
Tailboom20g
Rudder 3g
Elevator 10g
Center wing95g
Tip panel + mid wing47g
Carbon joiner4g
Bolts5g
Accessories25g
Appr. Total weight (wood finished) 299g

mipme_kampfkoloss

Vereinsmitglied
Teammitglied
My prediction:
Lipo + 4 Servos + BEC + Receiver: 25g + 2x10g + 2x6g + 4g + 5g = 66g (inkl. Servo linkage)
Covering: 50g
= in total about 416g ?

I am curious!

My prediction:
Lipo + 4 Servos + BEC + Receiver: 25g + 2x10g + 2x6g + 4g + 5g = 66g (inkl. Servo linkage)
Covering: 50g
= in total about 416g ?

I am curious!
Yes , Yr prediction seems as a good guess!

I´m using the following RC parts: Lipo 1cell 16g + Jeti RX 6g + 2E-max servos 11g + 1 MG90 servo 12g = appr. 45g.

Covering?? depending on my design (I´m thinking of maybe 4 colors) and I´m using Oracover std for the wing construction strength, no need to save weight here, so instead of having a very light plane and have to put in extra weights to go forward in the air and thermals I believe that a couple of grams here or there doesn´t matter in the long run but better to have a stable construction and less lead weights. So for that reason I will go for the heavier std covering rather than "light".

My goal is to reach appr. 420-430g.

Heré the rc gear that I plan to use, in pic1 its for the Thermal version and pic2 for electrical

Anhänge

• IMG_20220523_215539.jpg
    IMG_20220523_215539.jpg
    385,9 KB · Aufrufe: 226
  • IMG_20220523_215517.jpg
    IMG_20220523_215517.jpg
    325,2 KB · Aufrufe: 231
Sneak peek.....the covering has started and these are only 2 out of 5 colors in my design....the pic shows a flourescent red and a bright green...and the rest are.....??

Anhänge

• IMG_20220523_215434.jpg
    IMG_20220523_215434.jpg
    172,4 KB · Aufrufe: 155

Modellflieger0

User gesperrt
Hello,

a beautiful and well made model. Could become my Purito successor.

But one thing bothers me, why doesn't the model have two light servos in two landing flaps like the Purito? In addition, these are fully in the vortex flow for CPR, which then greatly reduces the effectiveness.

Could this be changed during construction without great effort?

LG

Roland

Hello,

a beautiful and well made model. Could become my Purito successor.

But one thing bothers me, why doesn't the model have two light servos in two landing flaps like the Purito? In addition, these are fully in the vortex flow for CPR, which then greatly reduces the effectiveness.

Could this be changed during construction without great effort?

LG

Roland
Hello Roland,
Thx.

Yes this modell/concept is very well designed by the Croatien engineers at CLM-PRO.

Regarding yr question about dubbel spoilers, yes this is feasable.....just needs some more work and a little bit of thinking! Today there are a lot of RES gliders that have one spoiler placed in the middle of the Center panel so I don´t believe that this will have any negative effects on the braking....as this is my first middle spoiler concept I will make som own flying testa and let you know what I think. Unfortunality the weather here in my part of Sweden is crappy! with rain and strong winds and this will continue for almost 1 more week....So I´m grounded!! BUT..on the other hand this means building time! I have tonight covered my PRIME thermal version and is now complete besides the rc equipment which I will assemble tomorrow. Pics to follow on covered modell.

Hi Guys!

my PRIME Thermal version is now covered and complete besides the RC gear, which will be mounted tomorrow and little bit of programming with my Jeti radio. Really no big deal but now U all now what TX im running.

The pics are from tonight ( appr. 21:00) so the light isn´t the best and the colors aren´t from their best side. On the upper side its orange, flourescent green, white and the fuselage is also in orange and the rudder is in a flour.red. Enjoy.

If the light is better daytime I will make some uppdated pics.

The maiden will have to wait at least one week since the weather here at my place in Sweden is rainy and windy and continue 1 more week. The good part is that this gives me a couple of more hours to complete the electrical fuse which is now wood finished and waiting to be covered and the installation of the electrical gear....

Enjoy!

Anhänge

• IMG_20220524_213034.jpg
    IMG_20220524_213034.jpg
    509,7 KB · Aufrufe: 299
  • IMG_20220524_213014 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220524_213014 (1).jpg
    426,9 KB · Aufrufe: 302
  • IMG_20220524_213007.jpg
    IMG_20220524_213007.jpg
    423 KB · Aufrufe: 305
  • IMG_20220524_212418.jpg
    IMG_20220524_212418.jpg
    208,1 KB · Aufrufe: 278
Hi Guys!

my PRIME Thermal version is now covered and complete besides the RC gear, which will be mounted tomorrow and little bit of programming with my Jeti radio. Really no big deal but now U all now what TX im running.

The pics are from tonight ( appr. 21:00) so the light isn´t the best and the colors aren´t from their best side. On the upper side its orange, flourescent green, white and the fuselage is also in orange and the rudder is in a flour.red. Enjoy.

If the light is better daytime I will make some uppdated pics.

The maiden will have to wait at least one week since the weather here at my place in Sweden is rainy and windy and continue 1 more week. The good part is that this gives me a couple of more hours to complete the electrical fuse which is now wood finished and waiting to be covered and the installation of the electrical gear....

Enjoy!
I like your design, should be very visible!

New pics from today taken in daylight, the colors are now more realistic and brighter.

I will be back with flight reports as soon as the weather gets better .

Here´s a short overall build report:

The kit came very well packed in a sturdy carbon box with a bonus! a Croatien choklad bar....btw it tasted quite good!
First an overall look at the beautiful drawings which are the best I have seen in a delivered kit. The building instructions are still at the printer and will be delivered as soon as ready. Speaking for myself I very seldom read the instructions , only when the drawings are made more or less as a guessing game! then it could be good to get an hint whats going on. Someone once said to me that in general "instructions are only for the cowards" !! hmm

The parts are very well laser cut with high accuracy and marked with numbers and have a perfect fit. Everything needed for the build is included besides the electrical gear.

The only doubt that I had during the build are the balsa wing tips which are cut to save weight and a bit "breakable" while being glued. It happened to me but CA-glue is a saver! When the wing tips got covered I changed my mind, they got stronger and seems Ok, but the flight tests will show. I would rather have preferred these tips to be in light ply to make them stiffer. But it´s no deal to make yr own in ply and exchange these instead of the balsa tips. I mean it happens that we sometimes get a surprisingly wing roll over at the landings when the wind catches yr glider and "throws-it-around".
The build had a good flow without any hesitations and was a blast to work with.

The difficult part when building kits from scratch is to make a personal design (if wanted), what colors and pattern to go for...and the PRIME is now my third RES build this season and it has been so far my favorit, build wise, so I have high expectations on its flight capacity.

Hopefully it won´t let me down!!

I want to thank CLM-PRO.com for this nice PRIME kit and that lots of U guys out there let it have a GO..! Good Luck

Anhänge

• IMG_20220525_113255.jpg
    IMG_20220525_113255.jpg
    872,5 KB · Aufrufe: 154
  • IMG_20220525_113320.jpg
    IMG_20220525_113320.jpg
    1 MB · Aufrufe: 155
  • IMG_20220525_113335.jpg
    IMG_20220525_113335.jpg
    906,2 KB · Aufrufe: 145
  • IMG_20220525_113347.jpg
    IMG_20220525_113347.jpg
    1,1 MB · Aufrufe: 146

clm

User
Hello everyone!

GliderKing1, congratulations on the fast and meticulous model assembly.
Model scheme is WOW, this great color combination is interesting, as well as photogenic.
Looking forward to pictures from air!

As for the spoiler on Prime RES model, we've had many inquiries for the separated spoilers version. The new model version is already in the making.
We are also working on some new improvements with this new version.

Is there a timeplan for ne the version? What new improvements will come :-)

MAIDEN today in stormy winds, but no rain!

After almost 2 weeks of bad weather (rain and storm winds) I finally got a "summer window" today to make the maiden. The sun was out.. BUT quite windy, between 6-8m/s and not the optimal conditions to make the maiden. But bearing in mind that for the next 2 weeks more rain etc etc...so I made my mind up, Just Go for it!

There are 3 words for this gliders maiden and that is: WOW, WOW,WOW....

I had the CC at 71,5mm from the front wings leading edge and tot. flying weight 525g inclusive 90g of balanced weights to get the right CC, and No extra lead weights to compensate for the strong winds. It wasn´t needed the PRIME went forward anyways. YES I know, I could have used a 2 or 3 cell LiPo which weighs more and less lead weights but I only had a 1 cell "laying around" so thats what I used, and it worked!

The PRIME behaved a lot better than I expected (even though strong winds) and the one piece spoiler placed in the main wings middle behaved also much better that expected. Even better than some RES gliders I have with 2 split spoilers. So thats good.

There were only small thermal bubbles which flew over quickly in the strong winds but I managed to keep the PRIME in the air for appr. 6 minutes. Not bad...and the glider felt very stable and distinct and went forward really good w/o extra weights. So this is very promising for future flights.

Next step is to experiment with the tow hooks positioning, at my first flights it was placed in the middle.

So I can highly recommend this glider from CLM-PRO.COM Grab yrs now, guys!

Here´s a couple of videos, first one is when the glider is hand thrown and the other 2 from rubber tow launches. Enjoy!!

Anhänge

• IMG_20220530_122844.jpg
    IMG_20220530_122844.jpg
    574 KB · Aufrufe: 154
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten