The disaster at JetPower

Just home from JetPower 2014. What a disappiontment it was. This rediculus rule which governs the weight of the airplanes flown is an outright scandal. Seeing sportjets tearing up the sky isn't what the audience is after. There was no show, no big planes except the Rafale and the Fockewulf 3003. Where was the display-teams flying their L-39s in close formation? Why didn't the AW F-104 Starfighter get to fly?
Then there is the commentary bit. The two speakers which at times didn't have the slightest clue as to what was flying, how it was equipped, and at times not even who had made the kits.
This was my sixth time at JetPower. This years 'show' being by far the the most boring, even worse than last year when this weight limit was introduced.
At JetPower we want to see the spectacular planes, the spectacular pilots - the whole range of this magnificent hobby. This year we didn't even get a glimpse of that.
Will I go next year? I don't know, probably it is better to just go flying.

Helihover, Norway

Hi, yes I was missing all the big stuff too...

The reason for all these missing and the confusion at the flight line too is quite simple. Beside the ridiculous problem with the non German certified planes weighing more than 25kg there was another big problem.

Approx. 20 (!!!) planes busted the 25kg regulation and where withdrawn from the flighline. One of them trying to go flying was weighing 29kg...

Pilots and companies know and knew about this regulations. The authorities were supervising the Jetpower team all the time. There was no chance to fly these planes without violating the rules therefore going to risk insurance and more...

Question is why are they trying to go flying these planes without doing a certification??? And why do the scales differ from meeting to meeting!?

I hope that more planes will be certified next year that we all could see the big stuff flying again.

If there will be no simple solution for the planes beeing certified by a non German authoritie next year I will try to help getting a German certification on top. Just ask and we will see what is possible and what has to be done.

But please don't blame Winnie for the 25kg problem. It is not his fault...

Rudi

In the coming years will continue to weigh, it is a show and not Spektakelum, who is about 25 Kg does not fly ... end
That should be all times be clear.

Hello,

the disaster was only the weather at Saturday and even more at Sunday.
Due to the 25kg rules, it was a big effrontery from some factories and pilots to try to fly there models with more than 25 kg without a certification.
Each pilot had to sign for it, the model weight is no more than 25 kg. The highest who wanted to fly was nearly 29kg. Unbelievable!!

And ,
it's a fair sale, not an airshow.

Hello,

the disaster was only the weather at Saturday and even more at Sunday.
Due to the 25kg rules, it was a big effrontery from some factories and pilots to try to fly there models with more than 25 kg without a certification.
Each pilot had to sign for it, the model weight is no more than 25 kg. The highest who wanted to fly was nearly 29kg. Unbelievable!!

And ,
it's a fair sale, not an airshow.

as it is and not otherwise.

At JetPower we want to see the spectacular planes, the spectacular pilots - the whole range of this magnificent hobby.

I agree 100% with you!! But for this time the weather and the german law make this "Mission": Impossible!:rolleyes:
Sorry about that!:(

BTW: Spectacular has for me NOTHING to do with high risk flying! At the Jet Power the best pilots in the world presents the "best" new range Jetmodels in flying!! I think that means Helihover.

Hmmm....

As I heard all pilots were aware that the max. weight without certification was 25 kgs.
And it seems that most of the pilots did not even know the weight of their jets.

I come to the Jet Power since several years. This year I decided not to come because of the f.. weather.
Ok in the meantime it became a little bit boring because you see the same models and pilots every year - and yes the two speakers are jabbering a little bit too much but this is another issue.

Maybe it would be better to organise this event every two years.

Anyway, no one of the organisation team is to blame that the pilots of the bigger models dont care about the regulations or do not know the weight of their jets.

turbinendruecker

User gesperrt
Apparently the pilots from other countries just learned a couple of days before the event, that they aren't allow to fly their planes above 25kg. I think that indeed sucks, but is it really necessary to bring it up again on all RC Forums? I mean, you norwegian guys made your point a week ago already, didn't you?:rolleyes:

Take this as a lesson for next year.

giving such a critic about Jet Power (one of the best Shows worldwide) is in my opinion blaming Winnie...the "Problem" of the 25 kg planes is known since more than a year and has been discussed in many Jet Forums all over the world.

I am just asking myself is not the fact that "modelers" are not satisfied with the possibility to have plane of 25 kg..if they want to see larger and bigger, there are many Shows of real planes around the world

Have a nice day...and enjoy life..
Bernd

pazzopilota

User gesperrt
Hmmm....

As I heard all pilots were aware that the max. weight without certification was 25 kgs.
And it seems that most of the pilots did not even know the weight of their jets.

I come to the Jet Power since several years. This year I decided not to come because of the f.. weather.
Ok in the meantime it became a little bit boring because you see the same models and pilots every year - and yes the two speakers are jabbering a little bit too much but this is another issue.

Maybe it would be better to organise this event every two years.

Anyway, no one of the organisation team is to blame that the pilots of the bigger models dont care about the regulations or do not know the weight of their jets.

das hört sich aber gar nicht gut an....:rolleyes:

aiai,

but that does not sound good, again 2 Schnatterer on microphone - how is that possible?

I know many Italians who FLOWN are there, have rented several car ecc ...

AIAIAI ....

Andy

Winnie and other staff members were victims exactly in the same way the audience and (most) pilots were, just so you know...
If you want to learn more about it check out this post from Winnie and use google translations resp something that really works to translate it into Norwegian.

I think it's a shame that the officials of Rheinland-Pfalz came along with their restrictions towards foreign planes over 25kgs just a few days before the JetPower fair started! So, no one had a chance to put it right on time. This is inacceptable indeed

Just my2cent,
o.d.
;)

Nevertheless I left the JetPower with a big smile on my face, meeting friends and other nice people, having fun and my muddy shoes are back dry and clean again :D

henke2

User
Approx. 20 (!!!) planes busted the 25kg regulation and where withdrawn from the flighline. One of them trying to go flying was weighing 29kg...

Rudi

Not blaming anyone, just seeing allot of planes not being able to fly. Some not just starting or have other failures. Still the slots were very tight with very limited time making the flights short, landing heavy and tight making it like a traffic jam on ice :p The flights I did with my Yak looked like shit compared to what we really can do, embarrassing :rolleyes:

I see this as a larger problem then the 25kg limit and what needs focusing on. I would call the huge Rafales solo display much safer then the E-impeller slot with 5 foamies whizzing around at the same time. They too have a pointy nose and 4kg is enough to hurt you too.

(BTW my Yak never got asked to the scale for weighing in)

10698703_10152296406765863_957715317872595268_n.jpg

10410558_10152296406800863_978745823650793663_n.jpg

Not blaming anyone, just seeing allot of planes not being able to fly. Some not just starting or have other failures. Still the slots were very tight with very limited time making the flights short, landing heavy and tight making it like a traffic jam on ice :p The flights I did with my Yak looked like shit compared to what we really can do, embarrassing :rolleyes:

I see this as a larger problem then the 25kg limit and what needs focusing on. I would call the huge Rafales solo display much safer then the E-impeller slot with 5 foamies whizzing around at the same time. They too have a pointy nose and 4kg is enough to hurt you too.

(BTW my Yak never got asked to the scale for weighing in)

Hallo Henke

ich finde auch das die Flugslots immer voller gepackt werden, zum teil 16 Modelle in einem Slot von 30 Minuten geplant werden
und es dadurch im Vorbereitungsraum nicht gerade entspannt zugeht und das anschließende Fliegen nicht wirklich Spaß macht.

Hier mal das Beispiel mit meiner F-20 Tigershark.
Ich befand mich mit der F-20 schon im inneren Bereich, hatte den Rumpfdeckel geöffnet und
Gas und Terminal angelegt um gleich die Turbine starten zu können, da wollte man noch kurz die F-20 wiegen.
Also alles wieder abklemmen und den Deckel schließen. Da der direkte Weg zur Waage durch Modelle zugestellt war,
mußte ich die F-20 durch den ganzen inneren Bereich zur Waage schieben. Das Abfluggewicht mit 24,3 kg war dann o.k.
Nun das Modell auf dem selben Weg schnell wieder zurückschieben und schnell die Turbine starten, da das vorherige Modell
schon längst gelandet war. Danach kann man dann aus meiner Sicht keinen entspannten Flug mehr machen.
Ich bin nun schon bei jeder Jet-Power dabei gewesen und muß feststellen das die Flugbedingungen durch große Slots
und kurze Flugzeiten im Laufe der Jahre immer schlechter geworden sind.
Meiner Meinung nach könnte man auch den 2 Stunden Neuheiten-Slot sehr verkürzen, in dem man nicht jede kleine Änderung
vorführen lässt. Ich habe zum Beispiel in dem Slot als Neuheit eine neue Schubdüse von Alfred Frank vorgeführt. Man könnte
auch genauso bei der Vorführung der F-20 in einem normalen Slot die neue Schubdüse erwähnen und gut ist es.
Oder zum Beispiel werden bei einem Jet den es schon gibt, eine neue Schub-Vektor-Steuerug vorgeführt.
So könnte man sicherlich noch mehrere Beispiele aufzählen.
Zum 25kg Problem
Es ist schon komisch das die 3 Ersten der DM Jet-Verbandsflug auf der Jet-Power nicht geflogen sind!
Da das Fliegen auf der Jet-Power immer stressiger wird und es mir deshalb nicht mehr so viel Spaß macht, bin mir momentan noch nicht sicher, ob ich in Zukunft noch an einer weiteren Jet-Power teilnehmen werde.

Gruß Friedhelm

Komische Regelung

Komische Regelung

Gegen die Gesetzlichen Besitmmungen kann leider keiner etwas machen.
Seltsam finde ich das man einem Piloten den Start verbot weil der Flieger 200g zu viel hatte und das Gewicht nur mit randvollen Tanks zählt!?!
Was ist denn das für eine tolle Regelung.

Ich hätte die Akkuweiche entfernt. Dann hat er 25 kg und ist somit viel sicherer !!! :confused:

Mir ist auch von einem Plakat am Boden eines Turbinenherstellers berichtet worden.
Was war da los?

Gegen die Gesetzlichen Besitmmungen kann leider keiner etwas machen.
Seltsam finde ich das man einem Piloten den Start verbot weil der Flieger 200g zu viel hatte und das Gewicht nur mit randvollen Tanks zählt!?!
Was ist denn das für eine tolle Regelung.

Ich hätte die Akkuweiche entfernt. Dann hat er 25 kg und ist somit viel sicherer !!! :confused:

Mir ist auch von einem Plakat am Boden eines Turbinenherstellers berichtet worden.
Was war da los?

Hallo,

Alfred Frank und Sturzkopf-Turbinenteile hatten einen gemeinsamen Stand.
Robert Sturzkopf hatte dort ein Plakat ausgelegt das durch Gegenüberstellung
von Bildern und Text belegen sollte das Jet-Cat angeblich die Titan-Turbine 40 kg Schub
von Robert nachgebaut haben soll ???

Gruß Friedhelm

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten