Sebart Avanti XS / Aermacchi MB339 XS EDF / Black Horse Viper jet

Hello everyone

I need some advice. I would like to buy a Sebart Avanti XS, Aermacchi mb339 XS or Black Horse Viper Jet. All 120 mm edf. I cannot fly with real jet turbine at my field.

Do any of you have some advice regarding these planes? I plan to buy 12s Schubeler 120 mm edf DS-86-AXI hds with het motor. I suppose that is the setup recommended at many dealers.

But is is sufficient power?
I have read at rcgroups that some discuss too little airflow for the fan. Is it true or does it have the right power? I will not cut out wood of the plane in order to make it get the right flow of air. If I have to, I will buy something else:-)

Best regards
Peter, Denmark

Hej Peter,
I suggest you rather visit the impeller-jets thread.

First you may want to look here..
https://www.rc-network.de/threads/neu-bei-wemotec-midi-fan100-evo.800416/page-4. Click on the video on the bottom...

The BH Viper is probably the best from the reviews, an can be built very light, The Avanti XS is a different jet type, also a decent thing with a JF 120 or similar. The MB 339 XS is not available yet.

Schübeler is a good manufacturer, but a Wemo 100 (!) is sufficient power, lighter and far better sound IMO, + saves you a few 100€

Greets,

Knuti

ps: If further info is needed, send a PM

Ansicht hell / dunkel umschalten
Oben Unten